Check your account email address ×

WTF?……. Energized shoppers break one-day holiday sales record.

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

US is kicking ass compared to other countries post COVID  :bc:

You should get out and travel.  Our daily expenses have gone up way worse than other countries.  It's nuts how things have gotten here but that isn't the case in western Europe or Japan and Se Asia.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You should get out and travel.  Our daily expenses have gone up way worse than other countries.  It's nuts how things have gotten here but that isn't the case in western Europe or Japan and Se Asia.

He’s a fricken lightbulb salesman I’m sure he’s well traveled 🤣 Or there’s a HuffPo link coming to support his claim 

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not sure where you’re traveling to but your drivel doesn’t match the facts:

https://www.ft.com/content/088d3368-bb8b-4ff3-9df7-a7680d4d81b2

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Not sure where you’re traveling to but your drivel doesn’t match the facts:

https://www.ft.com/content/088d3368-bb8b-4ff3-9df7-a7680d4d81b2

Perhaps you should first understand how they measure inflation.  I've been in Japan, Singapore, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy in the past bit and none of them hardly have any inflation compared to what we have.  Real estate is a different story perhaps, but a shitty measure of inflation.  We are sucking serious dick on real life expenses.  Every one from anywhere that travels here shits at the difference from what it was a few years back.

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

No shit lol but will everyone pay them off in full? Inflated prices and people’s balances are up. 

Just the poor wont. Same shit as always. Prices mean nothing.

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Perhaps you should first understand how they measure inflation.  I've been in Japan, Singapore, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy in the past bit and none of them hardly have any inflation compared to what we have.  Real estate is a different story perhaps, but a shitty measure of inflation.  We are sucking serious dick on real life expenses.  Every one from anywhere that travels here shits at the difference from what it was a few years back.

*This is me ignoring yet another of your obnoxious self absorbed posts without replying*  

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A guy as smart as you should have his own talk show.  Where did you go to college and what is it you do again?

Pussy.

Better get your notes straight with AC. He says college is worthless. You sound like a liberal btw.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

*cue the off topic and personal attacks

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A guy as smart as you should have his own talk show.  Where did you go to college and what is it you do again?

Pussy.

Look at that.  Took less than a half hour, guess you queued that up.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:15 PM, f7ben said:

Well this is exactly the same as a largely expanding population and then bragging about vote totals. You’d have to be fucking retarded not to get it. Inflation devalues dollars hence more dollars will be spent. We are still in the middle of massive inflation. 

Bolded for emphasis...

On 11/27/2023 at 7:45 AM, Deephaven said:

Online is changing the whole parameter of doing business and generally it is for the better.  No surprise that any of those closings are happening.  

I hate seeing this and have avoided online shopping almost completely, Some nice things I've seen is a resurgence of specialty shops that actually have informed employees. I bought a carseat to haul the grandkids around, (those things are crazy priced now) from "Baby Grand". It was nice to talk to someone knowledgeable, discuss the kids comfort and have a discussion about things I'd never thought about. A large Black Friday purchase, more about the 20% saving than random purchasing. I also did a little kitchen work, I tried the big box store, employees didn't have a clue, I walked down to the local hardware store looking for plumbing parts to match the line I took off, but needed longer, they showed me where whoever installed the fridge used the wrong fittings and got me everything I needed to do it correct. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Some nice things I've seen is a resurgence of specialty shops that actually have informed employees....

I bought a carseat ...from "Baby Grand". It was nice to talk to someone knowledgeable, discuss the kids comfort and have a discussion about things I'd never thought about.

Agreed.  The resurgence is somewhat out of necessity as that is the only way to combat online via service.  I just hope that can continue as I will always shop at those sort of places.  I have also bought more than 2 car seats at Baby Grand.  Great shop.

• Like 1