Check your account email address ×

Dream car garage

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, ckf said:

What are those running for HP?

252 HP, 270 Torque, Top speed of 154 mph

My son just bought one we are going to fix up, maybe some tweaks.

IMG_2127.JPG

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

IMG_2127.JPG

What size motor?

20 hours ago, Dave said:

That being said....hp #s were downplayed back in the day for insurance purposes and were much higher then listed.

I still wonder how that 79 TA 6.6 I had new back in the day was only rated about 200 hp, I mean it wasn't a rocketship, but I had the speedo wound all the way around, probably 145ish. and it got there quick.  My 05 GTO was a really impressive car and hauled ass.  400 hp is nothing these days though.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

IMG_2127.JPG

Thats ripping for a car that size, amazing power.  I had use of a 16 GTI last month for a few days and that thing was pretty damn impressive power wise, and I think thats only 210-220 hp range :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

IThats ripping for a car that size, amazing power.  I had use of a 16 GTI last month for a few days and that thing was pretty damn impressive power wise, and I think thats only 210-220 hp range :bc: 

Rob's Focus RS is a rocket ship with AWD and 350HP. The launches off the line without smoking the tires, he's tried :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I still wonder how that 79 TA 6.6 I had new back in the day was only rated about 200 hp, I mean it wasn't a rocketship, but I had the speedo wound all the way around, probably 145ish. and it got there quick.  My 05 GTO was a really impressive car and hauled ass.  400 hp is nothing these days though.

Thats ripping for a car that size, amazing power.  I had use of a 16 GTI last month for a few days and that thing was pretty damn impressive power wise, and I think thats only 210-220 hp range :bc: 

I had a 79 TA as well....theat motor was actually a 403 olds motor. If you changed the heads intake and carb and got rid of the cat and put true duals on it...it really livend it up...i ended up throwi g a rod and put a 455 in it. :bc:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

I had a 79 TA as well....theat motor was actually a 403 olds motor. If you changed the heads intake and carb and got rid of the cat and put true duals on it...it really livend it up...i ended up throwi g a rod and put a 455 in it. :bc:

I was just about to say it was a 403 Olds . 185 horse?  Kinda gay but a wicked looking car . My favorite. ...the 78 z28

2 hours ago, ckf said:

What size motor?

2.0 Liter Ecoboost

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The GTI coupe is what my son really wanted but the Focus came along at the right price.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ckf said:

Rob's Focus RS is a rocket ship with AWD and 350HP. The launches off the line without smoking the tires, he's tried :lol: 

350 hp?  Holy crap, thats nuts for a car that size.  Hows Rob doing?  Well I hope. :bc: 

37 minutes ago, Dave said:

Exactly.  I wanted the TA 6.6 but could'nt find one at the time, and decided to buy the 403 6.6 off the lot.  Bird delete, no t top and WS6.  It was my dream car but it was honestly a piece of shit.  I put headers and real duals and some kind of ignition kit on it, which woke it up alot.  The headers were a cocksucker to install :lol:  :bc: 

24 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I was just about to say it was a 403 Olds . 185 horse?  Kinda gay but a wicked looking car . My favorite. ...the 78 z28

Yep.   I couldn't remember the exact figures, but they were pathetic.  I had the 79 TA, and then my girlfriend who later became my first wife, got an 82 Z28.  My god what a gutless car and pathetic excuse of the Z28 name. :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

350 hp?  Holy crap, thats nuts for a car that size.  Hows Rob doing?  Well I hope. :bc: 

Exactly.  I wanted the TA 6.6 but could'nt find one at the time, and decided to buy the 403 6.6 off the lot.  Bird delete, no t top and WS6.  It was my dream car but it was honestly a piece of shit.  I put headers and real duals and some kind of ignition kit on it, which woke it up alot.  The headers were a cocksucker to install :lol:  :bc: 

Yep.   I couldn't remember the exact figures, but they were pathetic.  I had the 79 TA, and then my girlfriend who later became my first wife, got an 82 Z28.  My god what a gutless car and pathetic excuse of the Z28 name. :bc: 

At least it wasn't the turbo TA . Fuck me :lol: . Buddy had a showroom quality 79 with t tops . Such a gorgeous car. My bro had 78 z28 350 4speed with hurst shifter and some mild engine work. A very fun car. Everything after 81 blew donkeys for quarters.  

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He's doing well. Buying the RS gave him something to look forward to. He's having a ball with it :bc:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

At least it wasn't the turbo TA . Fuck me :lol: . Buddy had a showroom quality 79 with t tops . Such a gorgeous car. My bro had 78 z28 350 4speed with hurst shifter and some mild engine work. A very fun car. Everything after 81 blew donkeys for quarters.  

Yeah I forgot about that abortion. :lol:  And T tops only compromised an already compromised flexible flyer chassis.  The 80s were not good years for quality and performance out of Detroit for sure.  I couldn't believe how much mine flexed and creaked.  None were as badass as my cousins 68 Firebird 400 or 69 GTO 400.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

He's doing well. Buying the RS gave him something to look forward to. He's having a ball with it :bc:

Thats good to hear.  I know it didn't end well with the website, and his personal loss, but I don't think anyone wanted it to be that way.  I do wish him the very best.  That car sounds like an absolute riot with that much HP and AWD. :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

Just now, Dave said:

No...dont think they even have that dumb f150 anymore either

Lol. The guy who pumps our septic out has one of those . He looks like he crawled out a ditch,long hair,balding, missing teeth ..then you see him in town in a Lincoln :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Lol. The guy who pumps our septic out has one of those . He looks like he crawled out a ditch,long hair,balding, missing teeth ..then you see him in town in a Lincoln :lol:

Cant judge a book by its cover.

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Apparently. ..but still 

Our honey truck guy is rough too......his house is like the Taj Mahal. 

Lots of money in poop....as long as people keep eating I guess. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Our honey truck guy is rough too......his house is like the Taj Mahal. 

Lots of money in poop....as long as people keep eating I guess. :lol:

Come to think of it. .our guy has a sweet pad too    ..wtf:flush:

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Smart man for not letting him get one os those toolbag carriers.  

Ya, apparently they have some known motor issues and are tough to work on. Though, I doubt many of these hyper 4 bangers live a long life.

I'm glad he bought anything. His rust bucket Dodge is an eyesore in my driveway.

Edited by Blackstar