Check your account email address ×

Baby boomers are buying up all the houses

• Gold Member

Yup just keep out bidding and fucking over the Young Family trying to buy a first home to raise kids in a decent neighborhood. 

Half my street are Boomers in 4k square foot homes with no kids.  :suicide:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yup just keep out bidding and fucking over the Young Family trying to buy a first home to raise kids in a decent neighborhood. 

A lot of my customers are boomers and up untill a yr ago many were downsizing . 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

A lot of my customers are boomers and up untill a yr ago many were downsizing . 

As they should. No way in hell id want a huge house for one or two people in my 60s but there plenty of them in my neighborhood I dont get it. 

Next door neighbor for instance is single in his 60s never had kids . House has gotta be all of 4k sqft . 

And a "stay off my lawn type of prick"  

26 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

As they should. No way in hell id want a huge house for one or two people in my 60s but there plenty of them in my neighborhood I dont get it. 

Next door neighbor for instance is single in his 60s never had kids . House has gotta be all of 4k sqft . 

Listen to you tellin people what to do. You sound like you regret having kids…….that is if you have any.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Listen to you tellin people what to do. You sound like you regret having kids…….that is if you have any.

No id rather see a nice young family next door than some uppity boomer faggot that is the only one who shuts his lights off on Halloween, yells at kids on bicycles who cross his lawn or bitches about the kids on quads passing thru the power line. 

Thats probably exactly what you are like as well .  A grumpy old man. :read:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

when I tell ya the boomers are greedy... f'ng believe it.

;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

No id rather see a nice young family next door than some uppity boomer faggot that is the only one who shuts his lights off on Halloween, yells at kids on bicycles who cross his lawn or bitches about the kids on quads passing thru the power line. 

Thats probably exactly what you are like as well .  A grumpy old man. :read:

boomer ...

mind your yard millennial 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

*raises hand*  :lol:  We wanna downsize eventually, too much house and yard to keep clean, heated, etc..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

*raises hand*  :lol:  We wanna downsize eventually, too much house and yard to keep clean, heated, etc..

I hear that shit and even with the option of a luxurious waterfront landlords apartment... no thanks.  

LT thinking on my behalf is a place in the Bahamas (we can VRBO) for the winter and flying home to ride when I want and spending summers in the UP cottage.

More than likely I'll be dead before it actually happens but it's nice to daydream on occasion.  

F'ng b00merZ!!¡¡!!!

I sold off 5 acres of wooded property and a home I built in “98. Also got rid of all the rental. Honestly, I don’t know of any boomers buying up big homes and property at this point. All are downsizing or seriously contemplating it. Many are doing what I did or living on boats. 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Four Thousand Square Foot homes bought as a Starter House .   ......  is that a Beverly Hills Starter house.

I'm looking at an 11,000 square foot house & I don't feel guilty that I'm screwing over any young families......house looks great for parties 😄

• Gold Member
51 minutes ago, ICG said:

Four Thousand Square Foot homes bought as a Starter House .   ......  is that a Beverly Hills Starter house.

I'm looking at an 11,000 square foot house & I don't feel guilty that I'm screwing over any young families......house looks great for parties 😄

I didn't say that. Just was describing my street.

I went from an apartment to my current house. Just over 2600 

3 kids need the room no choice anymore even if I wanted to downsize. 

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This really got some riled up. :lol: 

Not really . You article describes the problem perfectly . Thanks Boomers. 

Lately, grandparents have been edging out younger buyers who are struggling to get into the market for the first time. Nowadays, first-time buyers make up 32 percent of the market, well below an average of 38 percent since 1981, according to NAR. They're also more likely to be in their mid-30s today, in contrast to their late 20s in the early 1980s.

"We are still talking about an incredibly difficult market for first-time buyers to enter, even if there's slightly less competition," said Jessica Lautz, the deputy chief economist at NAR. "If there's a multi-offer situation, an all-cash buyer or someone who has a lot of equity is likely to win. And that person is going to be older."

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Not really . You article describes the problem perfectly . Thanks Boomers. 

Lately, grandparents have been edging out younger buyers who are struggling to get into the market for the first time. Nowadays, first-time buyers make up 32 percent of the market, well below an average of 38 percent since 1981, according to NAR. They're also more likely to be in their mid-30s today, in contrast to their late 20s in the early 1980s.

"We are still talking about an incredibly difficult market for first-time buyers to enter, even if there's slightly less competition," said Jessica Lautz, the deputy chief economist at NAR. "If there's a multi-offer situation, an all-cash buyer or someone who has a lot of equity is likely to win. And that person is going to be older."

This isnt a boomer issue. 

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Im wondering how in the hell my parents raised 3 kids in a 1250sq ft farmhouse! :lol:

Surely they must've needed an extra 2400sq ft!

Did you Guys all share one bed in the kitchen like in Charlie and the Chocolate factory? :lmao:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Did you Guys all share one bed in the kitchen like in Charlie and the Chocolate factory? :lmao:

No. We all had our own rooms! You're obviously counting your basement in your sq footage.

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Im wondering how in the hell my parents raised 3 kids in a 1250sq ft farmhouse! :lol:

Surely they must've needed an extra 2400sq ft!

People had an understanding of how to make do with less years ago. And they didn’t live pay check to pay check. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

People had an understanding of how to make do with less years ago. And they didn’t live pay check to pay check. 

Well he paid cash for his Harley Davidson in case you hadn't heard!

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No. We all had our own rooms! You're obviously counting your basement in your sq footage.

Nope just put a three instead of a 2 by mistake. :lol:

I shouldnt of told you tho cus you would be big mad . :lol:

Edited by EvilBird