Check your account email address ×

America is waking up.. Voters feel a Trump win will result in better financial status and world peace

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its the economy stupid. 

While things are not horrible they are not good for many Americans in many ways. 

Since you're one of the more sane people here in regards to economics... what do you believe Trump could do about inflation and the current prices of everything we're now ALL paying more for?  Another tax break or stimulus?  

no matter if he won in 2020 or not, imo we'd still be looking at the inflated prices for everything in our daily lives that we currently are.  Stimulus, Inflation, low interest rates, increased workforce participation and higher wages equals.... Inflation.  if anyone believes for a moment that corporate America is going to suddenly roll back prices just because Trump is back in office they're sadly mistaken.  

'this' is the new normal...

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Since you're one of the more sane people here in regards to economics... what do you believe Trump could do about inflation and the current prices of everything we're now ALL paying more for?  Another tax break or stimulus?  

no matter if he won in 2020 or not, imo we'd still be looking at the inflated prices for everything in our daily lives that we currently are.  Stimulus, Inflation, low interest rates, increased workforce participation and higher wages equals.... Inflation.  if anyone believes for a moment that corporate America is going to suddenly roll back prices just because Trump is back in office they're sadly mistaken.  

'this' is the new normal...

Well for starters I think he would put oil/petroleum markets in a far more stable position.   Think of all the places oil/petroleum impact consumer products and everyday life.  I think the focus on green energy has put its own impact on inflation and will continue to do so if we don't utilize energy resources available to us.

You are correct that much of the inflation was coming whether Trump won or not in 2020 however I do think it would have trended downwardly much, much quicker.   We just spent too much on covid recovery of which it only continued under Biden.  Those programs the democraps and Biden passed would have never occurred under Trump which only exacerbated inflation.  I feel inflation is impacted not only immediately by future spending but also even the probability of future spending sends it higher.

Without question Trump would have made NATO foot the majority of the bill for Ukraine.   He had historically been very vocal on this and I am confident the US would not have contributed $100+ billion in aid or greater than the rest of the world combined.  He would have made them step up.   There is also a good possibility he would have negotiated a method for it not to have  happen in the first place.  For sure Zelensky wouldn't have been beating the NATO war drums as loudly unsure how the US would contribute.    

We would not have 9+ million illegal immigrants in our country.   This without question will have inflationary consequences as we have 9 million more people after the same products and resources as well as fed/state/local spending to help them.   Of course it will cause product prices to increase. 

These are just a few....want more?  :bc:          

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well for starters I think he would put oil/petroleum markets in a far more stable position.   Think of all the places oil/petroleum impact consumer products and everyday life.  I think the focus on green energy has put its own impact on inflation and will continue to do so if we don't utilize energy resources available to us.

You are correct that much of the inflation was coming whether Trump won or not in 2020 however I do think it would have trended downwardly much, much quicker.   We just spent too much on covid recovery of which it only continued under Biden.  Those programs the democraps and Biden passed would have never occurred under Trump which only exacerbated inflation.  I feel inflation is impacted not only immediately by future spending but also even the probability of future spending sends it higher.

Without question Trump would have made NATO foot the majority of the bill for Ukraine.   He had historically been very vocal on this and I am confident the US would not have contributed $100+ billion in aid or greater than the rest of the world combined.   

We would not have 9+ million illegal immigrants in our country.   This without question will have inflationary consequences as we have 9 million more people after the same products and resources as well as fed/state/local spending to help them.   Of course it will cause product prices to increase. 

These are just a few....want more?  :bc:          

sure, keep going... 

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty sure I've proven my point.  :bc:

I'd go along with some of it... close enough.

but, as stated on page one... if anyone thinks the price of their groceries, household bills, fixed expenses are going down just because an R gets elected... they ain't right in the head.   

2 hours ago, HSR said:

You seem to be hanging your hat on Biden running again. If it's Trump Vs not Biden it's your decision still as easy or would you consider the Dem?

Do you vote in the Dem primary too?

BTW nothing screams triggered like name calling:bc: Just an FYI :thumbsup: <--- Nice edit

Why is it you can't edit a post without hiding the fact you edited the post?  You seem to do that a lot ... insecure much? :lol2:

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but, as stated on page one... if anyone thinks the price of their groceries, household bills, fixed expenses are going down just because an R gets elected... they ain't right in the head.   

Energy can have some impact on those prices but I'd tend to agree that corps take advantage and will keep them up until economic slowdown which is absolutely occurring or at least some corps are predicting it and being proactive. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Energy can have some impact on those prices but I'd tend to agree that corps take advantage and will keep them up until economic slowdown which is absolutely occurring or at least some corps are predicting it and being proactive. 

as much as I hate to say it, and as much as I wouldn't wish it upon any POTUS... it will take an actual recession to possibly bring prices down a snick.  

viva le recessione'

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

as much as I hate to say it, and as much as I wouldn't wish it upon any POTUS... it will take an actual recession to possibly bring prices down a snick.  

viva le recessione'

Just think what adding 1% of the population each year does to product demand.  I'm not talking from births-deaths or legal immigration of which we take in about .5%-1% each year.  

53 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Why is it you can't edit a post without hiding the fact you edited the post?  You seem to do that a lot ... insecure much? :lol2:

Are you trying to avoid answering my questions by changing the topic?

BTW, you're name calling again.

42 minutes ago, HSR said:

Are you trying to avoid answering my questions by changing the topic?

BTW, you're name calling again.

I see you're doing a good job of avoiding any question answering yourself.  So edgy!!

BTW - you edited .... again.

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Is editting against the rules or just hurts your uterus Karen? j/k :bc::lol:

Edited by HSR

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I see you're doing a good job of avoiding any question answering yourself.  So edgy!!

Secrete editing or not I think he's the most disingenuous person here lately. That is truly a feat for this place  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, HSR said:

Is editting against the rules or just hurts your uterus Karen? j/k :bc::lol:

Name calling :sad:

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Secrete editing or not I think he's the most disingenuous person here lately. That is truly a feat for this place  :lol: 

The queen is special - no doubt about that

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

OK back on topic. Sorry bud I missed/can't find your question. What did you want to ask, I'll answer,, whatever you want to know :bc:

4 hours ago, HSR said:

You seem to be hanging your hat on Biden running again. If it's Trump Vs not Biden it's your decision still as easy or would you consider the Dem?

Do you vote in the Dem primary too?

So what say you???

Edited by HSR

3 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I edit my posts for spelling, grammar etc. 

Which would be what 99% of normal people do here.  What you're saying is, you don't go back and add to a post, trying to throw some sort of "gotcha" in it?  We won't mention any names, as to who likes to do that around here :lolz:

25 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I edit my posts for spelling, grammar etc. 

Same here. But as an admin it doesn't show that it was edited unless I click the box telling it to show.  Which I don't usually think to do.

48 minutes ago, ckf said:

Same here. But as an admin it doesn't show that it was edited unless I click the box telling it to show.  Which I don't usually think to do.

My fault. I'll try and remember to click that box moving forward. :bc:

Sorry Bontz :thumbsup:

Edited by HSR
To apologize to Bontz for not making it known I had editted a post

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Do you think they would have spent as much money into the already heated economy. 

Covid relief 

Massive "human" infrastructure bill

Inflation reduction act aka new green deal

IMO Inflation would have been much more restrained as interest rates went up....the M1 money supply chart looks like a space x launch, straight the fuck up.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Do you think they would have spent as much money into the already heated economy. 

Covid relief 

Massive "human" infrastructure bill

Inflation reduction act aka new green deal

IMO Inflation would have been much more restrained as interest rates went up....the M1 money supply chart looks like a space x launch, straight the fuck up.

idk tbh but it's speculative at this point... the covid relief was overdone under Trump and got worse under Biden.  

we're in a very deep financial hole and there's still no plan from either side to get us out of it which should irritate most as there was no plan to pay for any of it when they actually did it.  when Congress and the president(s) just zipped the credit card for Trillions every rational person should have said wtf, hold your horses here for a minute.  

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk tbh but it's speculative at this point... the covid relief was overdone under Trump and got worse under Biden.  

we're in a very deep financial hole and there's still no plan from either side to get us out of it which should irritate most as there was no plan to pay for any of it when they actually did it.  when Congress and the president(s) just zipped the credit card for Trillions every rational person should have said wtf, hold your horses here for a minute.  

What do you mean there is no plan, Highmark listed the differences and yet you still ignore the fact that it would help.  Just the keystone xl pipeline would drop fuel prices.  The middle class and lower class of this country depends on affordable energy.  Simple.  Make affordable energy and inflation slows.