Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

On 1/1/2024 at 3:43 PM, Palu49 said:

Since there’s no SOO thread yet…

How many times will Cadarette break an aftermarket spindle with a 5 lap lead before they just try running stock ones?

IMG_2923.png

Depends on how many they bring with them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Just drove by the track. They are out getting it ready. They are probably watering it because they have the whole thing lit up like a Christmas tree. 

They started making ice yesterday

11 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

They started making ice yesterday

I figured they were. They usually aren’t out there that late unless they are making ice. I couldn’t see down into the track from south bound 75 on my way home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Yeah Bill (the race director) posted a video of him cruising the track in the water truck. 

I saw that one. Deadication to do that all day. I am about to drive passed it again. Still snowing. 

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

COR season ender will be 3 days of racing, each day for points and purse.  

Looks like a pretty damn good format to me.

I saw that. Looks like it will be a fun race 

31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

$70k to win 2 man race happening this winter that isn't the Iron Dog.

$7k entry fee.

No photo description available.

What third world event is this shitbag race? They don’t even have a website. :lol2:Looks like it’s held on some Indian reservation. Does that mean the annual shortage of windshield washer fluid will occur in March again? 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:55 PM, racinfarmer said:

$7k entry fee.

Chisasibi is the northern Cree village accessible by road and the northernmost community with year-round road access in eastern North America.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:55 PM, racinfarmer said:

$7k entry fee.

that's quite a purse... 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:29 PM, AK440 said:

What third world event is this shitbag race? They don’t even have a website. :lol2:Looks like it’s held on some Indian reservation. Does that mean the annual shortage of windshield washer fluid will occur in March again? 

Biggest number of individual entries and on average, the coolest trophies in all of XC.

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's quite a purse... 

Well, it is Beaver Bucks, so...

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

probably the BELT DRIVE

:roflcrying:

The unproven belt drive that no sane OEM would run on a trail sled. That same belt drive? The belt drive Cat knew couldn’t survive the Iron Dog so they refused to provide race sleds to any teams. 

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

The unproven belt drive that no sane OEM would run on a trail sled. That same belt drive? The belt drive Cat knew couldn’t survive the Iron Dog so they refused to provide race sleds to any teams. 

no, a different one  9_9

what are you doing here on a Saturday afternoon with all that rideable snow in Alaska?

30 minutes ago, AK440 said:

They didn't have enough to go around for racers than ran in races people actually give a shit about...

Somebody in the marketing department put non ES RXC sleds for sales to consumers when they were only supposed to go to racers. 

So now there are a bunch owned by people who are going to bitch about them being too stiff, and some sitting unsold on dealers floors.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

looking forward to hearing about Pine Lake @racinfarmer and @airflite1 assuming you are there?

is @Potatodigger1 still around?

Still here! Was supposed to make it to Pine Lake 2 weeks ago, we were there, the ice wasn’t! Just watching Facebook for updates…

• Like 1