Check your account email address ×

What Jeep doesn’t want you to know……

Mainecat

Jeep relies on an army of temp workers who make half the rate of full-time employees, despite doing the same jobs. Some have been “temporary” for 5.5 years. If Jeep doesn’t offer a path to full-time status, thousands of workers could strike this week. 

• Sad 1

Hopefully they shut the entire industry down. Fuck Jeep. Speaking of off road, the new Toyota Land Cruiser is killing it. Turbo 4cyl with hybrid system. Over 400 ft lbs of torque. High 20’s for mpg. I’m waiting for Ursa Minor to create an overhead bunk for the rig and I’m in. Ironically, Toyota opted for a metal nickel hydride battery for long term durability. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

What ever happened to looking for another job if you aren't happy with what you're making? 

What’s wrong with using numbers of a collective group to persuade change? It’s been a human trait for millennia. 

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Seems like it worked out ok for UPS. They’re making a nice, comfortable living with low skills. Why not auto workers who are being treated like shit? 

You think raising the cost of labor is going to bring vehicle costs down?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You think raising the cost of labor is going to bring vehicle costs down?

Close the gap between worker wages and upper management.  How many jobs do stock buybacks create? 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No. It’s going to give them a living wage. 

Like ups 100k+ to drop off a box....I have no problem with the work any man does. I do have a problem when the labor force only wants to participate in the upside but never the downside. I guess that why there is no UAW car dealers. 

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Like ups 100k+ to drop off a box....I have no problem with the work any man does. I do have a problem when the labor force only wants to participate in the upside but never the downside. I guess that why there is no UAW car dealers. 

:lol: 

Corporate America is all about private profits and public risk - but you have no problem with that.  Suddenly you have a problem with the working class receiving a real living wage. 

A lotta car dealers got bailed out and not to mention the bailouts their vehicle manufacturers received :snack:

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Where the hell do they find half price temps/contractors?

Every temp/contractor we have is substantially more expensive then a full time body, even scrapping the bottom of the barrel.  

Was wondering that myself. At 4 yrs they max out at under $20 an hr.  Round here $20 an hr gets you a dummy with no wheels.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: 

Corporate America is all about private profits and public risk - but you have no problem with that.  Suddenly you have a problem with the working class receiving a real living wage. 

A lotta car dealers got bailed out and not to mention the bailouts their vehicle manufacturers received :snack:

All under Democrats you stupid fuck . 

You are Pro Corporate America because you're a spoiled white liberal.  :thumb:

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe not but it will allow those employees that build those Jeeps the opportunity to actually buy one.

If they don't like the job quit...we are in a strong job market. If jeep needs employees they will have to raise their wages. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You add nothing to my thread. Just stop your angry replies.

50 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe not but it will allow those employees that build those Jeeps the opportunity to actually buy one.

Your thread sucks just like you. Jeep is junk. Maybe they should build a decent vehicle so they can make profits and can pay their workers a decent living wage. Its not the workers faults any more than Its globalists and greedy pricks. Everything you voted for the past 20 years.   :snack:

The Japanese you hate sure can build a good off road vehicle. Its too bad Democrats destroyed Detroit. 

Edited by EvilBird

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

UAW better get what they want if they are going to fuck over everyone else again

You will probably just see more manufacturers opening more southern plants. Like ford city in Tenn

• Like 1