Check your account email address ×

New Mexico governor issues emergency order to suspend open, concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only habeas or 6th amendment can be suspended during state of emergency.   A court should immediately stop this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-mexico-michelle-lujan-grisham-suspends-open-concealed-carry-albuquerque-gun-violence/

Watch her interview.   Its hilarious her lack of understanding of the Constitution.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Nope, no one wants to take away access to fire arms.  Fuck this bullshit.

I think I saw quip were even that David Hoagg dude was against this.

Really surprising.  Kid must be getting some common sense as he gets older. 

SMH.

"I can invoke additional powers," Lujan Grisham said when signing the order on Friday. "No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute."

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

SMH.

"I can invoke additional powers," Lujan Grisham said when signing the order on Friday. "No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute."

Smart political move. It’ll get her a lot of votes. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

SMH.

Lol good luck with that with trumps Supreme Court 

i remember the alt left here shrieking that states can only give additional rights, not take them away 

I'm surprised a few more people haven't chimed in on this thread yet, given the past "debates" on US gun culture and being able to open carry / conceal carry.  A court will be involved with this soon ... and it won't bode well for Miss "I can ignore the Constitution all I want"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Lol good luck with that with trumps Supreme Court 

i remember the alt left here shrieking that states can only give additional rights, not take them away 

Ted Lieu even came out against it.   You're talking about a guy who 100% supported business' being shutdown and mask mandates during covid.  

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'm surprised a few more people haven't chimed in on this thread yet, given the past "debates" on US gun culture and being able to open carry / conceal carry.  A court will be involved with this soon ... and it won't bode well for Miss "I can ignore the Constitution all I want"

It doesn’t matter what the courts say. This is all about what’s happens at the ballot box. She’s seen as a hero by standing up to authority. 

Edited by spin_dry

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sending out that bat signal he might be here shortly. On that note, a couple neighbors down the road were out talking as I drove by and his scary gun was in his holster, clear view in broad daylight!!!    I love living in the country

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It doesn’t matter what the courts say. This is all about what’s happens at the ballot box. She’s seen as a hero by standing up to authority to many. 

Are you missing the point of the topic at hand, or just intentionally being obtuse?  

Just now, Skidooski said:

What if he's saying there's plenty of dumb people who support her opinion that vote?

Exactly. Her political strategy is genius. She will lose the battle but win the war. She knows that her order will be struck down. But her stand is going to resonate strong. People on this site are really fucking dumb. Emotional too. :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Exactly. Her political strategy is genius. She will lose the battle but win the war. She knows that her order will be struck down. But her stand is going to resonate strong. People on this site are really fucking dumb. Emotional too. :lol: 

We are all calm, cool and collected here especially me!  :lol: