Check your account email address ×

Hey rigid

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stator more than likely, they go all the time on those, could also be filthy and need a good cleaning depending on the environment it works in..Like a lawnmower we will see them packed with grass and dust

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I did not, I don't follow much small engine stuff anymore, I left that job almost a year ago.

Friend retired from your old competitor last year but stays in touch with some of the dealers he called on.  His phones been blowing up today.

Just now, ckf said:

Honda makes some very good snowblowers.

I'm stuck with my husky for a while....I have no doubt about the honda. I have a Honda harmony push mower and the thing is amazing (quiet, composite deck, idles when you let go of the bar). I would consider tracks on my next unit but I hear they are SLOW..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polaris7541 said:

sounds like stator , if it was the pump it wouldn't jump start , you might want to try a fresh battery first have seen bad battery's prevent charging

This was it. Guess I was overthinking it. Put in a new battery , threw my meter on it and it was making 14 v . Im good to go.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I'm stuck with my husky for a while....I have no doubt about the honda. I have a Honda harmony push mower and the thing is amazing (quiet, composite deck, idles when you let go of the bar). I would consider tracks on my next unit but I hear they are SLOW..

I have wheels this time because that's all that they had in stock when I needed it. The nice thing about the tracks is that they allow you to put down pressure on the front of the blower by changing the pivot point. With wheels you need to physically do it yourself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I miss my simplicity snow blower makes my husky POS look like the joke that it is. 

Simplicity that was built like a tank. Bought it used, and got a Lotta hours on it.  And I bought a track drive troy Bilt which was a complete pile of shit. Bought an Ariens 30” about eight years ago and that is built pretty good. But still not a Honda,   For how often I need it it’s fine.

• Like 1

i use an old orange and white ariens with a new predator engine i put on it. i personally am not impressed with the husky stuff. the pro stuff is ok but that mass produced shit not so much. my buddy buys that lowes shit, brings it right to me so i can add some fuel to it. otherwise it's bog city

1 hour ago, HSR said:

@Rigid1 Tony what do you recommend for lawn care when you have a 2 year old lab that chases his ball in 4wd low range with difflocks engaged? ASTRO turf? Damn dog is wrecking the wife's lawn :roflcrying:

Lol, only thing that's worse for the grass is getting both your young kids 4wheelers.. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Lol, only thing that's worse for the grass is getting both your young kids 4wheelers.. :lol:

It doesn't help that every time a dog in the neighborhood escapes they come straight here to play! :lol:The red rope on Webber isn't attached to anything it just fools him to stay in our yard lol.

20230905_112106.jpg

20230909_112320.jpg

20230905_112215.jpg

20230909_112205.jpg

1 minute ago, HSR said:

It doesn't help that every time a dog in the neighborhood escapes they come straight here to play! :lol:

20230905_112106.jpg

20230909_112320.jpg

20230905_112215.jpg

20230909_112205.jpg

Is that a yacht in your driveway???

1 hour ago, HSR said:

@Rigid1 Tony what do you recommend for lawn care when you have a 2 year old lab that chases his ball in 4wd low range with difflocks engaged? ASTRO turf? Damn dog is wrecking the wife's lawn :roflcrying:

We went through this in the spring....we have agreed to the fly ball technique as I won't keep fixing the lawn.

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Throw only High fly balls he will usually catch it on a high bounce without tearing up the grass 

Gotcha, yeah Webb turns and burns so fast he leaves grass flying behind him