Check your account email address ×

Of 49m jobs created in America since 1989, 47m - 96% - have come under Democratic Presidents

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao: Same thing happened during Obama's terms. 

These claims are misleading. Here’s why.

• Recovery versus “Creation.” Nearly 72 percent of all job gains since 2021 were simply jobs that were being recovered from the pandemic, not new job creation. In fact, when looking at today’s economy compared to pre-pandemic levels, employment is up only by 3.7 million.
    • On the other hand, prior to the pandemic, job creation under President Trump was 6.7 million—3 million more jobs than the current President.

https://budget.house.gov/press-release/fact-check-biden-misleads-on-job-creation-statistics

Job Growth Under Biden Still Not Back to Pre-Pandemic Pace v3.png

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

To be fair these are still jobs that were lost during Trumps handling of the virus.

To be fair, you'd have to look at each states jobs since Trump was leaving it up to each of the States Governors, That was one of the things I liked about Trump he was all about reducing big Government and returning the power to state and local government.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

To be fair, you'd have to look at each states jobs since Trump was leaving it up to each of the States Governors, That was one of the things I liked about Trump he was all about reducing big Government and returning the power to state and local government.

Good point, but why was Trump bragging about employment #s of African Americans and Latinos if he had nothing to do with it?

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao: Same thing happened during Obama's terms. 

These claims are misleading. Here’s why.

• Recovery versus “Creation.” Nearly 72 percent of all job gains since 2021 were simply jobs that were being recovered from the pandemic, not new job creation. In fact, when looking at today’s economy compared to pre-pandemic levels, employment is up only by 3.7 million.
    • On the other hand, prior to the pandemic, job creation under President Trump was 6.7 million—3 million more jobs than the current President.

https://budget.house.gov/press-release/fact-check-biden-misleads-on-job-creation-statistics

Job Growth Under Biden Still Not Back to Pre-Pandemic Pace v3.png

38 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

To be fair these are still jobs that were lost during Trumps handling of the virus.

:lol:

Just now, Steve753 said:

Good point, but why was Trump bragging about employment #s of African Americans and Latinos if he had nothing to do with it?

Maybe he did, by working with the state governors that chose to work with him.

Just now, airflite1 said:

Maybe he did, by working with the state governors that chose to work with him.

You don't think the Biden administration does the same?

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I think you two are talking about 2 different things.   Trump policies did benefit minorities but once the pandemic hit shutdowns were state by state and not from the federal govt. 

Just now, Highmark said:

I think you two are talking about 2 different things.   Trump policies did benefit minorities but once the pandemic hit shutdowns were state by state and not from the federal govt. 

So if Trump was president instead of Biden you honestly don't think he would be saying the same about the jobs?

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

You don't think the Biden administration does the same?

Not to the extent Trump did, one of Trumps main goals was reducing the grasp of the federal government, hence the one of the reasons the Washington elite hated him, Biden's first actions were getting that control back.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So if Trump was president instead of Biden you honestly don't think he would be saying the same about the jobs?

100% he would, that politics....doesn't change the facts though. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

100% he would, that politics....doesn't change the facts though. 

Fact is, if Trump were doing it you wouldn't say a thing. 

Fact is, if Trump were doing it you wouldn't say a thing. 

I've been plenty critical of Trump.  Way more than the typical libtard on here has been of Biden. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've been plenty critical of Trump.  Way more than the typical libtard on here has been of Biden. 

You're OK with what Trump did after he lost the election and defend him at all costs though.

Just now, Steve753 said:

You're OK with what Trump did after he lost the election and defend him at all costs though.

Boy that evolved. :lol:  I don't think he did anything wrong on Jan 6th.   He clearly said peacefully and patriotically.

I do think there was enough for him to significantly question the results but in the end he should have conceded and been at the inauguration.   Did those actions justify what they are doing to him....nope. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Boy that evolved. :lol:  I don't think he did anything wrong on Jan 6th.   He clearly said peacefully and patriotically.

I do think there was enough for him to significantly question the results but in the end he should have conceded and been at the inauguration.   Did those actions justify what they are doing to him....nope. 

He did everything wrong Jan 6th. It was much more than what he said.  You know this, but will never admit it.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You just knew it would turn into something other than the jobs stats ... and become yet another TDS rant.  it was just a matter of time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did those actions justify what they are doing to him....nope. 

Steve likes to overlook that.

• Like 1

He did everything wrong Jan 6th. It was much more than what he said.  You know this, but will never admit it.

Thanks for telling me what I know.  :lol:  GMAFB dude.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Thanks for telling me what I know.  :lol:  GMAFB dude.  

So you don't know that Trump wanted Pence to do something he wasn't allowed too?

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So you don't know that Trump wanted Pence to do something he wasn't allowed too?

It has never been proven what Pence could or could not do.   In fact its left so open they put it part of another bill in 2022 clarifying the VP's role as ceremonial.   If it was so clear constitutionally why do that?

Let me ask you this.   Let's say after an election any number of things come up that are absolutely provable.   Admitted election fraud, illegal activities of the President elect, inability of the President to serve for health or mental reasons.   What process did the founding fathers put in place so an undesirable candidate not be seated?