Check your account email address ×

New Tesla Model 3 Debuts: Chiseled Design, 421-Mile Estimated Range

• Platinum Contributing Member

How about this……

Tesla discounts Model S by $30,000 and Model X by $41,000 to gain EV tax credits

Source: Bloomberg via Yahoo Finance

Tesla Inc.’s latest discounts will newly qualify one of its models for federal subsidies that Elon Musk said years ago the U.S. should scrap. 

By dropping the starting price of the Model X to $79,990 — a $41,000 reduction from the start of the year — Tesla made the sport utility vehicle eligible for the federal tax credits revamped by the Inflation Reduction Act, President Joe Biden’s signature climate bill 

Musk in December 2021 called for the Biden administration to get rid of the incentives, citing concerns about government spending and the deficit. At that time, Teslas were no longer eligible for the tax credits because the company had already reached a limit that triggered a gradual phase-out of the benefit. 

“I’m literally saying, get rid of all subsidies,” the chief executive officer said during a Wall Street Journal conference. When asked if his opposition had anything to do with the effect this would have on competitors, Musk replied: “Maybe they need it, I don’t know.” 

With the Inflation Reduction Act, Biden discarded a cap on how many vehicles each automaker could sell before the credits began to wind down. The administration also set maximum retail prices at $80,000 for electric SUVs, vans and pickups, and $55,000 for cars.

Read more: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-discounts-model-30-000-142300452.html 

41 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

How about this……

Tesla discounts Model S by $30,000 and Model X by $41,000 to gain EV tax credits

Source: Bloomberg via Yahoo Finance

Tesla Inc.’s latest discounts will newly qualify one of its models for federal subsidies that Elon Musk said years ago the U.S. should scrap. 

By dropping the starting price of the Model X to $79,990 — a $41,000 reduction from the start of the year — Tesla made the sport utility vehicle eligible for the federal tax credits revamped by the Inflation Reduction Act, President Joe Biden’s signature climate bill 

Musk in December 2021 called for the Biden administration to get rid of the incentives, citing concerns about government spending and the deficit. At that time, Teslas were no longer eligible for the tax credits because the company had already reached a limit that triggered a gradual phase-out of the benefit. 

“I’m literally saying, get rid of all subsidies,” the chief executive officer said during a Wall Street Journal conference. When asked if his opposition had anything to do with the effect this would have on competitors, Musk replied: “Maybe they need it, I don’t know.” 

With the Inflation Reduction Act, Biden discarded a cap on how many vehicles each automaker could sell before the credits began to wind down. The administration also set maximum retail prices at $80,000 for electric SUVs, vans and pickups, and $55,000 for cars.

Read more: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-discounts-model-30-000-142300452.html 

So they slash their prices so people can afford them with the governments help 

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So they slash their prices so people can afford them with the governments help 

They reduced prices to sell them which will allow more people to keep more of their own money vs giving it to the government to spend how they see fit….  Like on children trans gender therapies.  I would rather not give the government the money so they can spend it as they see fit.  I mean if you want to send the government a bunch of money to use on what ever the controllers of it want to spend on, that is on you.

Poor people don’t buy new cars so they aren’t the target for this price reduction.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why is the 🤡 Posse scared of EV’s? :read:

I just don’t think they’re ready for prime time. Scared? :lol: yeah that’s it. Have fun towing your sled and stopping every 100 miles while I blow on by laughing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Tesla will sell a ton while Ford and Chevy drain the US taxpayer from bailouts. I see where Toyota is now adopting Tesla's gigapress technology.

You do known its not new tech ... just has a gay name coined by tesla. 

The US government funded alot of the large presses for this after ww2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

He is scared.  Needs to take advantage of a subsidy in order to sell pieces of shit.  Americans are getting duped.  Need to repeal the inflation act and fix the stupidity

Actually his investors are being duped.

9 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

You do known its not new tech ... just has a gay name coined by tesla. 

The US government funded alot of the large presses for this after ww2.

Anything with giga in front of the name is cool to this EV crowd