Check your account email address ×

Risk Assessment Summary for SARS CoV-2 Sublineage BA.2.86

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Oh, thanks. You started this thread talking about negative immunity in both natural infection and vaccines. Appears we’ve moved on.

We all have different immune responses, hence different outcomes in young vs old, healthy vs sick, etc.

Good luck with your negative immunity. ;)

I talked about previous infection and the jab making you more vulnerable to this mutation.  While virus' mutate we don't typically hear of people vaccinated or having previous infection being vulnerable.   I don't ever recall this with another vaccine or virus. 

God help us if a deadly mutation goes this same route.  Fauci actually warned of this as a risk of any vaccine especially mRNA vaccines that can cause an overreactive immune response to certain mutations of a virus.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Oh, thanks. You started this thread talking about negative immunity in both natural infection and vaccines. Appears we’ve moved on.

We all have different immune responses, hence different outcomes in young vs old, healthy vs sick, etc.

Good luck with your negative immunity. ;)

Admit you got conned.:lol:

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I talked about previous infection and the jab making you more vulnerable to this mutation.  

Anti vaxxers say crazy things. This being one of them.

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I talked about previous infection and the jab making you more vulnerable to this mutation.  While virus' mutate we don't typically hear of people vaccinated or having previous infection being vulnerable.   I don't ever recall this with another vaccine or virus. 

God help us if a deadly mutation goes this same route.  Fauci actually warned of this as a risk of any vaccine especially mRNA vaccines that can cause an overreactive immune response to certain mutations of a virus.   

Ok, so you’re still sticking with the negative immunity interpretation - from the CDC.

Yes, god help us.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Admit you got conned.:lol:

Good luck with your negative immunity too.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Ok, so you’re still sticking with the negative immunity interpretation - from the CDC.

Yes, god help us.

It's fascinating what anti vaxxers come up with to make themselves feel better.

We had a group of 11 this weekend out camping and riding and the majority were unvaxxed. The topic came up around the fire and the common theme was that they didn't get vaxxed because they didn't feel the need to. Not all this made up bullshit conspiracy and health concerns. 

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 2

I got the initial vax, but never boosted.  I'm glad I never went for the booster shit.  Wife and I both had COVID in December.  It wasn't pleasant, but it certainly wasn't the worst I've ever been sick by a longshot.  Same for her.  She just had it again in July on our cross country drive from AZ to WI and the only reason we knew it was COVID was because she tested out of curiousity.  Just had a little bit of a scratchy throat and cough.  I rode in the car with her for a week towing the camper back to WI and never got it.

Best thing you can do is be exposed to it over and over again by being in public, interacting with other humans.  With frequent enough exposure, your system is used to seeing it and keeps it mostly at bay without you noticing, or at worse, feeling a bit blah for a day or two.

No more masking.  No more shots.  Fuck that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I got the initial vax, but never boosted.  I'm glad I never went for the booster shit.  Wife and I both had COVID in December.  It wasn't pleasant, but it certainly wasn't the worst I've ever been sick by a longshot.  Same for her.  She just had it again in July on our cross country drive from AZ to WI and the only reason we knew it was COVID was because she tested out of curiousity.  Just had a little bit of a scratchy throat and cough.  I rode in the car with her for a week towing the camper back to WI and never got it.

Best thing you can do is be exposed to it over and over again by being in public, interacting with other humans.  With frequent enough exposure, your system is used to seeing it and keeps it mostly at bay without you noticing, or at worse, feeling a bit blah for a day or two.

Pretty much. I figure I've had it 5 times now. Maybe more, who knows. I always seem to be stuck beside some fucker on the plane who's coughing.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wish more people would understand the bold. And 100% agree with the last statement too.

Immunocompromised people - well, that's a different story.  But for the rest of us, it's OK to get sick from time to time and build up your immune system.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yes, god help us.

What I'm saying is this virus is muting making some groups vulnerable which isn't typical with other virus'.  Could this be an indication of how the virus first came about in Wuhan (man altered)?  Could this be because of the amount of people vaccinated?       

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What I'm saying is this virus is muting making some groups vulnerable which isn't typical with other virus'.  Could this be an indication of how the virus first came about in Wuhan (man altered)?  Could this be because of the amount of people vaccinated?       

Ok, because you started this thread with a link to the cdc thinking they meant you were more susceptible to the variant if you had previous natural infection or vaccine (negative immunity), which would be totally ok to say, my bad, I misread that. 

But if in reality you were just asking an opened ended question, one that doesn’t really have anything to do with the quoted text from the link, then ok. 9_9

Either way, it’s all good. :bc:

On 9/3/2023 at 9:20 AM, Highmark said:

Holy shit dude that is exactly what it states.

BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received COVID-19 vaccines.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, Highmark said:

So the CDC was being deceitful?  

Yes according to them those that previously had COVID-19 or been vaccinated are more susceptible to this strain.   They couldn't make it any more clear.  Jesus dude.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

100% - I'm sure you guys have all seen that snippet I took from NY Gov Cuomo's press conferences where they were asking people who came into the hospitals sick, what they had been doing prior to getting sick, and his own stats showed 66% of those getting sick had been... STAYING HOME.  So basically, politicians were telling people exactly the opposite of what they should have been doing. 

And we wonder how we got to where we are with this thing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Geez, if only they had listened to the Great Barrington Declaration instead of fraud Fauci.

58 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Pretty much. I figure I've had it 5 times now. Maybe more, who knows. I always seem to be stuck beside some fucker on the plane who's coughing.

What your vax and mask doesn't work?:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Haha 1