Check your account email address ×

In a new milestone, renewables generated 25% of US power in the first half of 2023

I like the experts that have never worked in any of the energy or renewable sector.  The internet will tell you what you want to hear and make you look like an expert. Bottom line, the technological breakthrough hasn't happened yet. That doesn't mean you stop trying, but it does mean you don't try to act what we have currently in renewable energy works. LIO BAT=NOT THE ANSWER,  WIND=NOT THE ANSWER, SOLAR=CURRENTLY NOT THE ANSWER, TESLA=NOT THE ANSWER 😂

Need more natural gas plants that can throttle up or down depending on demand.also need cheaper ways to store wind and solar energy to use when it’s dark or no wind.

Edited by X2700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joe_zrt said:

I like the experts that have never worked in any of the energy or renewable sector.  The internet will tell you what you want to hear and make you look like an expert. Bottom line, the technological breakthrough hasn't happened yet. That doesn't mean you stop trying, but it does mean you don't try to act what we have currently in renewable energy works. LIO BAT=NOT THE ANSWER,  WIND=NOT THE ANSWER, SOLAR=CURRENTLY NOT THE ANSWER, TESLA=NOT THE ANSWER 😂

A combination is, solar, wind, hydro, nuke, carbons.

Neal

It’s confusing. If you don’t trust government, why do you want to be dependent on your local municipalities? Sure solar and other forms aren’t perfect (but will continue to get better), but wouldn’t you love to be energy independent? 

I’d sure would prefer that freedom. Cheers to those trying new things and innovating. 

14 hours ago, X2700 said:

Need more natural gas plants that can throttle up or down depending on demand.also need cheaper ways to store wind and solar energy to use women it’s dark or no wind.

Isn’t that a little politically incorrect?  

IMG_3995.gif

Edited by Plissken

MN went all in on wind in the south/southwest part of the state years ago - always amazed at how many of those big wind mills can be seen from I-90 and State Highway 60 as you drive through.  If memory serves me there’s a few thousand at least.  

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

MN went all in on wind in the south/southwest part of the state years ago - always amazed at how many of those big wind mills can be seen from I-90 and State Highway 60 as you drive through.  If memory serves me there’s a few thousand at least.  

Yep. Wife's cousin and her husband live between Jackson and Windom and are in the middle of one wind farm that has approximately 250 windmills and a few are on his grandparents property. They make pretty good coin from that and they invested in it when it first came around as well.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, initial infrastructure takes fossil fuels, but the continual usage drops dramatically after grid deployment.

Neal

Thank you captain obvious.