Check your account email address ×

“Zero evidence that Ray Epps was a federal agent"

Source: CBS News

In the months after the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, an Arizona man named Ray Epps became the target of a conspiracy theory that accused him of being a federal agent that incited the riot. 

The unfounded accusation began on a right-wing website and seeped into Fox News Chanel's prime time shows. The conspiracy theory was then amplified by elected members of congress including Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, and Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA, and Matt Gaetz, R-FL. 

This week on 60 Minutes, correspondent Bill Whitaker interviewed Ray Epps. Epps is a staunch conservative and former member of the Oath Keepers militia who twice voted for former President Donald Trump. He told 60 Minutes he was forced to sell his house and move into an RV because of threats he began receiving because of the conspiracy theory. 

"No matter how many times they push this conspiracy theory, this lie, it'll never become truth," Epps told 60 Minutes. "Truth stands on its own. What I'm telling you is the truth."

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-committee-staffer-zero-evidence-that-ray-epps-was-a-federal-agent-60-minutes-2023-08-20/ 

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Source: CBS News

In the months after the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, an Arizona man named Ray Epps became the target of a conspiracy theory that accused him of being a federal agent that incited the riot. 

The unfounded accusation began on a right-wing website and seeped into Fox News Chanel's prime time shows. The conspiracy theory was then amplified by elected members of congress including Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX, and Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA, and Matt Gaetz, R-FL. 

This week on 60 Minutes, correspondent Bill Whitaker interviewed Ray Epps. Epps is a staunch conservative and former member of the Oath Keepers militia who twice voted for former President Donald Trump. He told 60 Minutes he was forced to sell his house and move into an RV because of threats he began receiving because of the conspiracy theory. 

"No matter how many times they push this conspiracy theory, this lie, it'll never become truth," Epps told 60 Minutes. "Truth stands on its own. What I'm telling you is the truth."

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jan-6-committee-staffer-zero-evidence-that-ray-epps-was-a-federal-agent-60-minutes-2023-08-20/ 

Fine so with the video footage of him then why hasn't he been charged?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Nothing to see here!

I mean what he was screaming was far, far worse than anything Trump said in his speech on Jan 6.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Fine so with the video footage of him then why hasn't he been charged?  

I mean everyone else that appeared on video doing what he did got the book thrown at them….

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I mean everyone else that appeared on video doing what he did got the book thrown at them….

Yep and no evidence of him agreeing to testify against others for lesser or no charges which would have to be released to the public.   You know what wouldn't have to be released to the public....if he was working for the FBI/DOJ.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Yep and no evidence of him agreeing to testify against others for lesser or no charges which would have to be released to the public.   You know what wouldn't have to be released to the public....if he was working for the FBI/DOJ.  

Exactly 

Taking a long look at the connections between all the key persons that have been shown to be part of/ involved with the wrongs that have occurred since 2008 ,, there is no way anyone can tell me this isnt an organized group working to subvert the United States government.  

It shoudnt be difficult for a true investigator to put together a list of these connected people  then a very strong case against this group and charge them under the RICO act.   

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

Taking a long look at the connections between all the key persons that have been shown to be part of/ involved with the wrongs that have occurred since 2008 ,, there is no way anyone can tell me this isnt an organized group working to subvert the United States government.  

It shoudnt be difficult for a true investigator to put together a list of these connected people  then a very strong case against this group and charge them under the RICO act.   

Its called the swamp and they are in DC.  You know exactly who they are.

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly 

What I find amazing is the amount of American's (and people here) who believe our govt including the CIA and Military were likely involved in the assassination of JFK, hiding Alien craft dead aliens, perpetrated 9/11 and yet think they never used COVID shutdowns to control us and the Trump/Russia BS and now the indictments could never ever have had any of their involvement in nefarious ways.  Its amusing.   

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What I find amazing is the amount of American's (and people here) who believe our govt including the CIA and Military were likely involved in the assassination of JFK, hiding Alien craft dead aliens, perpetrated 9/11 and yet think they never used COVID shutdowns to control us and the Trump/Russia BS and now the indictments could never ever have had any of their involvement in nefarious ways.  Its amusing.   

I'd be interested to know who thought that of JFK, aliens, and 9/11, but not of COVID.

"An attorney for Ray Epps, a man seen on video wearing a Trump hat during the January 6 riot, says that his client has been informed by federal law enforcement officials that they intend to charge him in connection with the events of that day."

Do you think there more evidence that shows he IS an agent or not?

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its called stockholm syndrome or more precisely mass formation psychosis.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I mean the list goes on and on.  Look how many people believed the government purposely poisoned the residents of flint with the water.  The Governor of the State was charged with it!  Katrina?  Killing black peoples?? 

Just now, akvanden said:

I'd be interested to know who thought that of JFK, aliens, and 9/11, but not of COVID.

"An attorney for Ray Epps, a man seen on video wearing a Trump hat during the January 6 riot, says that his client has been informed by federal law enforcement officials that they intend to charge him in connection with the events of that day."

Are you fucking serious.  You stepped in shit on that one.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its called the swamp and they are in DC.  You know exactly who they are.

Its much more clear than any group they say is working With Trump to    "change the election results"    

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I think there is plenty of evidence of him yelling "we are going into the capitol" to charge him under the same guidelines many others were charged.   The fact that he has yet to be charged nor shows up as a witness against others speaks volumes. 

BTW yelling we are going into the capital is not a crime in my book.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I think there is plenty of evidence of him yelling "we are going into the capitol" to charge him under the same guidelines many others were charged.   The fact that he has yet to be charged nor shows up as a witness against others speaks volumes.  

From Jan 05 even.  The crowd was even chanting fed, fed, fed at Ray.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

BTW yelling we are going into the capital is not a crime in my book.  

I agree, he should be charged and apparently will be.

Can you just answer the question. Do you think there more evidence that shows he IS an agent or not? What do you think he is?

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He would be in jail if he wasn't.  Are you fucking retarded.

He wouldn't be paraded around in public if he was, retard. It's a fantastical story thus far, him destroying his family's and his life because he bleeds FBI.

12 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I agree, he should be charged and apparently will be.

Can you just answer the question. Do you think there more evidence that shows he IS an agent or not? What do you think he is?

Bold....Because of the evidence and the fact he hasn't been charged yet 1000+ others have been. 

Apparently he will be?   :lol:   What are they waiting for?

Wray would not answer the question on stand about how many agents were inserted into the Jan 6 riots.

My God man the FBI has been doing this shit for decades.   The entire case around the Whitmer kidnapping was created by actual FBI agents or people they hired to encourage it.

Epps was likely paid by the FBI to infiltrate and encourage civil unrest.  They are called confidential human sources.   They want to be able to paint conservatives as extremists.   Do you believe as our govt does that so called right wing extremists pose the largest threat to the US?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jul/12/christopher-wray-wont-say-if-fbi-informants-capito/

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, akvanden said:

He wouldn't be paraded around in public if he was, retard. It's a fantastical story thus far, him destroying his family's and his life because he bleeds FBI.

He molested his own daughter Tiffany retard.  The man is a piece of shit.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Epps was likely paid by the FBI to infiltrate and encourage civil unrest. 

That's what I was looking for. It's quite the fantastical story. 

1) why did the FBI put him on their most wanted list, before anyone on the far right made him their scapegoat? Did they do that with all their paid informants that day or did they roll the dice and hope the media bit on Epps?

2) why did he grant a NYT interview and drag his wife into it?

3) why did he sell his house and move?

4) why did testify before the senate (and perjure himself, assuming you think he lied)

5) why drag his family into a nationality televised interview? Why after the alleged allegations from his daughter?

6) why is he suing Fox, where he’ll have to perjure himself in court again?

7) why is he looking to sue Tucker?

8) why is the other guy Tucker said was a Fed looking to sue Tucker?

9) why is Epps now saying he’s being informed he IS being charged?

And the logical answer to all the why's is...... drumroll...... he's a FED! It all makes sense. 

:fool: