Check your account email address ×

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

26 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You live in fantasy land.

Lots of dealers stuck with unsellable EVs. Nothing impressive about that at all.

Dealers put huge mark ups on ev’s. People aren’t going to jump at that. There is still a 1 year waiting list on the ev6 in Canada. I’ve heard of them being on dealer lots in the US but they are way more expensive.  $73,000.00 CDN taxes in here for the then top of the line model. I’m not sure there is a feature that isn’t on this vehicle. I went for the extra warranty so I’m fully covered 160,000k 8 years. I hope the anti ev crowd aren’t full of shit and my battery dies in 6 years.  The replacement battery will get 4 times the range in 5 years. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Dealers put huge mark ups on ev’s. People aren’t going to jump at that. There is still a 1 year waiting list on the ev6 in Canada. I’ve heard of them being on dealer lots in the US but they are way more expensive.  $73,000.00 CDN taxes in here for the then top of the line model. I’m not sure there is a feature that isn’t on this vehicle. I went for the extra warranty so I’m fully covered 160,000k 8 years. I hope the anti ev crowd aren’t full of shit and my battery dies in 6 years.  The replacement battery will get 4 times the range in 5 years. 

There's a waiting list for certain ICE vehicles as well.

7 hours ago, Snake said:

EVers having the temerity to call others 'cultists'.. :lol:

you do tend to believe anything your dear leader says. Look how many lies the anti ev people believe.  The batteries die all the time and the cars are useless, they catch fire all the time, they are useless the winter. 

Truth is that they work really well. How many mpg would a vehicle that can go 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds get?  

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

My car does under 4 seconds and I average 27 mpg. Last long road trip I averages 36 mpg with the cruise set at 80. 

I also only paid 32k for it 5 years ago.  340 BMW for the win :thumbsup:

You gotta pump those numbers up. I'm getting 19.7!

Burn those dead dinosaurs...!

16 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

you do tend to believe anything your dear leader says. Look how many lies the anti ev people believe.  The batteries die all the time and the cars are useless, they catch fire all the time, they are useless the winter. 

Truth is that they work really well. How many mpg would a vehicle that can go 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds get?  

Truth is they work really well in some areas and for some things. 

This is a more honest opinion.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Truth is they work really well in some areas and for some things. 

This is a more honest opinion.

Exactly , they have their place. For most people it could never be anything but a second car. And that is fine too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Bah!!!

Most of us here are quite mobil , so easy to think otherwise. Yet there are plenty of people who never go more then 50 miles from their home. 

Had a kid yrs ago working for me. We did a job down the cape. He was 35 , never been there before. It was 1-1/2 hrs from his house. Dude only traveled more then 30 miles from his house about once every 3-4 yrs.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

You gotta pump those numbers up. I'm getting 19.7!

Burn those dead dinosaurs...!

My daily drive is 50 miles of highway everyday, that keeps my numbers high.  Around town and playing I'm probably in the teens :lol:

You're averaging almost exactly what our X7 is

Edited by Doorider

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Most of us here are quite mobil , so easy to think otherwise. Yet there are plenty of people who never go more then 50 miles from their home. 

Had a kid yrs ago working for me. We did a job down the cape. He was 35 , never been there before. It was 1-1/2 hrs from his house. Dude only traveled more then 30 miles from his house about once every 3-4 yrs.

Just rolled into home from a 898 mile round trip in my model 3…. Not hard or even remotely challenging.

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

3% of the country minus California,  is not some. He's right saying most.

Up 48% from a year ago….  Lol

Americans bought nearly 300,000 new electric vehicles (EVs) in the second quarter of this year – a record number. That's 48% more than in the second quarter of 2022. 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Up 48% from a year ago….  Lol

Americans bought nearly 300,000 new electric vehicles (EVs) in the second quarter of this year – a record number. That's 48% more than in the second quarter of 2022. 

Take California out of the equation and sales are laughable. End of discussion.

10 minutes ago, Doorider said:

My daily drive is 50 miles of highway everyday, that keeps my numbers high.  Around town and playing I'm probably in the teens :lol:

You're averaging almost exactly what our X7 is

19.7 is averaging 80 on the interstate.

Got a best of close to 22 on a road trip. :lol:

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

Take California out of the equation and sales are laughable. End of discussion.

California is the largest auto market in the US and part of the US.

Up 48% from a year ago.

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

California is the largest auto market in the US and part of the US.

Up 48% from a year ago.

Yes. STILL only 6% counting California. 

You're failing miserably here. Why bother?

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just rolled into home from a 898 mile round trip in my model 3…. Not hard or even remotely challenging.

Definitely hard.  Have to suffer in that shitbox interior for that long would SUCK.

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

19.7 is averaging 80 on the interstate.

Got a best of close to 22 on a road trip. :lol:

My S6 averages just under 30 at 80-85.  It has averaged above.  Of course if I take it off cruise and punch it a few times that goes down FAST.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dude... he has solar panels...

I do as well! I'm the only d bag on the lake that has them! :lol:

I had them installed in our little vacation house. It was that or put a stand by diesel generator. No NG.

Anyway. 

Edited by Steve753

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely hard.  Have to suffer in that shitbox interior for that long would SUCK.

My S6 averages just under 30 at 80-85.  It has averaged above.  Of course if I take it off cruise and punch it a few times that goes down FAST.

My f350 diesel averages 20+ not towing on the highway. :dunno: