Check your account email address ×

Laboratories of Democracy

9 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Niggers don't vote :) 

Don't start your off rails b.s. play like a big boy.  Neither do most red neck and many young adults.

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

All this talk about California having had a surplus contradicts the stories of it being broke and Californian cities going bankrupt 

Of course is does.  And take a good look at the media who is pushing this.  FFS if only the people could see through the bull shit.

35 minutes ago, Rmk said:

Location has zero to do with this.  Put up some credible support and ill agree.   

Don't be silly you have known me for years online.

I don't know you. Where do you live?

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Cali raised taxes on those who could most afford it, KS and LA went with the trickled on theory of cutting taxes to the wealthy, the results are real world. In any sane world successful models are duplicated and improved upon, failed models are discarded and tossed into the trash heap of history. 

Three vastly different states. I know you're obtuse, but come on man.

:lol:

So, to summarize:

-Raising taxes and cutting spending creates a surplus of tax funds. (Weird).

-California, Kansas and Louisiana are comparable states with similar demographics, tax bases, and human resources along with similar economies.

-Somebody is called "Ballsack"

-Union guys are against Trump, but only because Dems pander for their votes

-Canada

Got it.

Also, looks like lots of California companies are moving to Texas.  But, that's only because they are being taxed to death in California...But that's none of my business.

Edited by Zambroski

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

So, to summarize:

-Raising taxes and cutting spending creates a surplus of tax funds. (Weird).

-California, Kansas and Louisiana are comparable states with similar demographics, tax bases, and human resources along with similar economies.

-Somebody is called "Ballsack"

-Union guys are against Trump, but only because Dems pander for their votes

-Canada

Got it.

Also, looks like lots of California companies are moving to Texas.  But, that's only because they are being taxed to death in California...But that's none of my business.

correct.

raising taxes can very much be a short term gain but long term loss. If you tax companies too much and they can re locate, they will. It just takes time.

1 hour ago, Rmk said:

Don't start your off rails b.s. play like a big boy.  Neither do most red neck and many young adults.

Well the old white people elect the republican governments the Niggers just live in squalor on welfare and don't vote :)

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

All this talk about California having had a surplus contradicts the stories of it being broke and Californian cities going bankrupt 

Hey genius, Cali was 30 billion fucking dollars in the red in January 2011 when the Terminator left office, since then they turned around there state economy and now have an 11 billion dollar surplus.

How many stupid pills have you, racer, and sludgeminded consumed today?

13 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Well the old white people elect the republican governments the Niggers just live in squalor on welfare and don't vote :)

Top of the tree branch in your cage isn't very high, so what was on the agenda for a social misfit such as yourself today?

latest?cb=20110710113326

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Top of the tree branch in your cage isn't very high, so what was on the agenda for a social misfit such as yourself today?

latest?cb=20110710113326

:bigfinger: It's not a holiday here you midget FUCK 

4 hours ago, Rmk said:

Your using your big brush again.  Of this topic neither you or mileage have post evidence of economic growth or improvement beyond the sole benefits of government to government. Wonderful comparison of two different economic segments to prove one narrow narrative.  Expand and you will find  negative impact.

Ask and you shall receive :bc:

California outpacing U.S. on job growth, unemployment falls to 5.3%

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-april-jobs-20160519-snap-story.html

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/gdp_by_state

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-april-jobs-20160519-snap-story.html

Economic growth is a measure of GSP as a percentage of GDP.  Not job growth or gov't spending.  Not exactly sure where CA is but I do believe they've certainly held the top spot in GSP for many years.  Their shipping and logistics is the largest in the world (I believe).

While this is all fun, it has yet to be proven that this action that they are taking has been sustainable in any other state.  Maybe it will though.  California is a popular place and many chose to live and work there.  Bit still, comparing it to Louisiana and Kansas as a matter of policy is absurd.  Compare it to Texas or Florida for a more reasonable correlation.  I would but I don't care enough.  

Again, Bill makes it funny.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Economic growth is a measure of GSP as a percentage of GDP.  Not job growth or gov't spending.  Not exactly sure where CA is but I do believe they've certainly held the top spot in GSP for many years.  Their shipping and logistics is the largest in the world (I believe).

While this is all fun, it has yet to be proven that this action that they are taking has been sustainable in any other state.  Maybe it will though.  California is a popular place and many chose to live and work there.  Bit still, comparing it to Louisiana and Kansas as a matter of policy is absurd.  Compare it to Texas or Florida for a more reasonable correlation.  I would but I don't care enough.  

Again, Bill makes it funny.

California is the sixth largest economy in the world.

It would be like comparing Kansas to France.

Edited by Cold War

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

California is the sixth largest economy in the world.

I believe it, but that's not because they've raised taxes on the rich and slashed government spending.  ...as per this threads subject?  Hell, I hardly even know what the argument is for anymore.  California has almost no or little resemblance to any state (or Province) all of us in this thread live in.  And whatever policies implemented there wouldn't fit anywhere we do live (and presumably care about). We may as well be discussing what deep sea fishing tackle is best for trolling off the Yucatan.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I believe it, but that's not because they've raised taxes on the rich and slashed government spending.  ...as per this threads subject?  Hell, I hardly even know what the argument is for anymore.  California has almost no or little resemblance to any state (or Province) all of us in this thread live in.  And whatever policies implemented there wouldn't fit anywhere we do live (and presumably care about). We may as well be discussing what deep sea fishing tackle is best for trolling off the Yucatan.

Agreed there is probably more millionaires in CA then all states combined.

There are more cars in LA then the whole state of Michigan.

Just now, Cold War said:

Agreed there is probably more millionaires in CA then all states combined.

There are more cars in LA then the whole state of Michigan.

Probably more illegals with drivers licences also :guzzle: 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

Funny how the brain washed retards keep doubling down on the Republican policies even with historical example after example of utter failure. Yet they are embracing Trump's liberal rhetoric because well, he's a Republican... :lol:

FFS, Lets talk about the successes of the liberal cities of the US.  Talk about brainwashed.  For every liberal success we can name at least 2 liberal failures.  It really is pathetic at the cherry picked crap you guys fall for.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

FFS, Lets talk about the successes of the liberal cities of the US.  Talk about brainwashed.  For every liberal success we can name at least 2 liberal failures.  It really is pathetic at the cherry picked crap you guys fall for.

Holy fuck man we're talking about California not a fucking city.....SMH.

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

California has

Unfunded pension and health care liabilities of 220 billion.

64 billion with a legitimate link, also at the link;

The financial report said California collected $117 billion in revenue during the last fiscal year. That was up 12% from the previous year, mostly from a sharp uptick in personal-income tax collections. The general fund had enough cash at the end of the fiscal year to pay for 20 days of operations, up from 16 a year earlier, the report said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/californias-state-pension-obligations-are-larger-than-previously-estimated-1458351309

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Unemployment numbers are a bad thing to base things off of. Our provincial ndp (very liberal) kept growing the size of the government and borrowed and spent like crazy. They kept touting how unemployment was low and the economy was good.

well they couldn't keep it up, and kept going after the middle class harder and harder to make ends meet. They just got voted out, but cleaning up liberal policies will take years to decades.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey genius, Cali was 30 billion fucking dollars in the red in January 2011 when the Terminator left office, since then they turned around there state economy and now have an 11 billion dollar surplus.

How many stupid pills have you, racer, and sludgeminded consumed today?

Either grab your step stool or have SnowRider boost you up on his shoulders so we can hear you better Vinny da ballsack. Leave the fur coat at home though. :lol:

Hopefully it's not a fake budget surplus as a result of fuzzy math and creative accounting. And here's the part where you claim I'm all in on trickle down and/or don't support taxing the rich. :lol: No...not even close! We need more states to turn miracles like California. Hell if the Clintons can leave office "dead broke" only to be millionaires in short order again and Cali has a big surplus then surely anything is possible right.

Or maybe everyone just needs to watch more Bill Maher to get our news.

Edited by Skidooski

17 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

These are three states that took uniquely different approaches to the economy of there state, LA and KS had surplus budgets and they now have deficit budgets and troubled economies, CA had a huge deficit and a troubled economy and they reversed there misfortune.

You really should not let your political views skew your outlook when the results are plain as day, I know I would certainly never run my business in a failed model so why would anyone want there government to run on failed model?

They are already spending future revenue from the millionaires tax to fund things. Genius.