Check your account email address ×

Jan. 6 rioter who charged police while carrying a gun sentenced to 7 years

I thought they weren’t armed? Fed prison….GOOD

Jan. 6 rioter who charged police while carrying a gun sentenced to 7 years

Source: NBC News

July 19, 2023, 9:17 AM PDT 
By Ryan J. Reilly 

WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who was armed with a concealed weapon as he led a mob that overran police on the steps of the Capitol was sentenced to seven years in federal prison on Wednesday. 

Christopher Alberts, a Maryland Donald Trump supporter was found guilty on nine charges in April after he testified that "instinct took over" when he charged at police with a wooden pallet during the Capitol attack, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper. 

Alberts, told jurors that he “felt like it was a fraudulent election," was one of just a handful of rioters who was actually arrested on Jan. 6. Had he not been taken into custody that day, federal investigators may never have realized he had a gun on him during the Capitol attack. The total number of guns in the mob that day will never be known, but other defendants have admitted they were armed, including Mark Mazza, who was carrying two firearms and received five years in federal prison when he was sentenced last year. Guy Reffitt, a Jan. 6 rioter who charged up the stairs alongside Alberts and was the first Capitol rioter to go to trial, also had a gun on him. He was sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison. 

Prosecutors had sought 10 years in federal prison for Alberts, saying that charging the police line while armed with a gun and wearing metal-plated body armor and a gas mask deserved a significant sentence.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/jan-6-rioter-charged-police-carrying-gun-sentenced-7-years-rcna94940 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Concealed weapon......big deal. Many states allow carry now... including my state. He didn't even have it out and like articles says, they may have never known about the gun if he had not been arrested. Just a few actual hooligans.....

We have seen the Tucker tapes.  The tapes that they did not want you to see....we know what really went down that day.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

MAGA’S said no weapons were confiscated….but it must be fake news…fake 7 years….fake mail….lol

You get a little bit of a chubby when you read that fake news 

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

MAGA’S said no weapons were confiscated….but it must be fake news…fake 7 years….fake mail….lol

What law did he break again?  Did he ever bring drugs in the white house or have a gun while being an admitted drug addict?  Just want to make sure I have all the details.  If he broke the law, then sentence him.

It's just too bad that you defend one, yet want the other prosecuted to the full extent of the law, only because one doesn't agree with you politically.  This country doesn't need people like you.

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member

Everyone might want to read the article again, said the guy was armed with a "wooden pallet" when he charged police..

:lol:

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We could all take IQ tests.  You probably wouldn't like the outcome though.

At least I can comprehend a news story and understand a court case outcome.

Jesus fuckin kee rist. 

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus fuckin kee rist. 

You've posted more fake bullshit thats been proven false than anyone on this board, short of Snowrider.  So I'm not so sure about your comprehension.  

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus fuckin kee rist. 

You are fed news stories designed specifically for people like you.  Then instead of actually researching it, you just post them.  Just like the "fake electors".  Something never before said, but now you are convinced some type of crime was committed.  Even though you have never heard of it before, you are convinced there was a crime they are guilty of.

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Everyone might want to read the article again, said the guy was armed with a "wooden pallet" when he charged police..

:lol:

For accuracy's sake, he was armed with a 9mm with hollow-point bullets and an extra mag. He also was wearing metal-plated body armor, and he had a gas mask.

*FWIW, I have an extra mag for my S & W 40. The primary mag has 165-grain rounds for target shooting. The extra one has hollow points. I tell you that so that you don't try to falsely accuse me of being an anti-gun crusader because I simply reported the truth about the Capitol stormer.

• USA Contributing Member

When do the Chicago riot trials start?  How about the Seattle Washington encampment hearings?  Funny how when shit happens to business owners and normal people it's not as important as when it happens to a bunch of entitled, old, smelly senators that have you thinking they are representing you.