Check your account email address ×

Ron Johnson: social security is unfair for the rich people.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well I won’t hit the max this year. Fucking cunts 

I should hit it by October.  But between SS and maxing out 401 it is a good chunk of change going to retirement out of a paycheck.  Pension another good chunk but mostly company funded.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Big fucking deal. The less wealthy have to pay the same for property taxes, fees, and various other monies to keep civilization afloat. There’s no sliding fee scale for that. 

So....property tax for a 5000 square foot custom home is the same as a 1600 sqft cape? Not where I'm from.

4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

So....property tax for a 5000 square foot custom home is the same as a 1600 sqft cape? Not where I'm from.

pretty sure he's referring to the mill rate... so it's the same percentage of tax rate.  in Wisconsin where I live if I buy a $20k used car or a brand new $100k Yukon Denali I'm going to pay a 5.5% sales tax.  Our house is around $300k, our neighbors Mcmansion is around $1M.  We pay the same mill rate (%), he just has to put more into the local tax coffers than we do based upon the value of the home... but the rate doesn't vary.  Income taxes have the widest variable of range of overall taxes I can think of... and the wealthy WHO ARE SMART pay at a lower rate than most people do.

I know this is difficult to explain to folks from the live free or die tax haven republic of New Hampshire...

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

pretty sure he's referring to the mill rate... so it's the same percentage of tax rate.  in Wisconsin where I live if I buy a $20k used car or a brand new $100k Yukon Denali I'm going to pay a 5.5% sales tax.  Our house is around $300k, our neighbors Mcmansion is around $1M.  We pay the same mill rate (%), he just has to put more into the local tax coffers than we do based upon the value of the home... but the rate doesn't vary.  Income taxes have the widest variable of range of overall taxes I can think of... and the wealthy WHO ARE SMART pay at a lower rate than most people do.

I know this is difficult to explain to folks from the live free or die tax haven republic of New Hampshire...

The Rate doesn't vary but the McMansion contributions more to the schools and local govt.

For this same reason I advocate for a flat tax. 

15 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The Rate doesn't vary but the McMansion contributions more to the schools and local govt.

For this same reason I advocate for a flat tax. 

cry me a f'ng river...  😂

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yes their is.   There are plenty of things with taxes that have income qualifications.   There are also things like college Pell grants and what not based off income that are advantageous to lower income families. 

Nonsense. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well I wouldn't go that far....its an excellent living in my area but its far from being one of the wealthiest American's. 

In these parts , $160k , your just doing ok. You aint living large on that.

Allowing individuals to sink into poverty and despair is going to cost the wealthy. There’s no escaping from desperate human beings. They will find the wealthy and they will extract their pound of flesh. That’s historically correct. It’s occurred in every now defunct society. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Nonsense. 

Not one thing I mentioned was.   By no means am I suggesting people don't have it tough but to say lower income people don't receive help is foolish at best.

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not one thing I mentioned was.   By no means am I suggesting people don't have it tough but to say lower income people don't receive help is foolish at best.

EIC's are nothing but Xmas gifts in February to those who qualify. Seeing usually a single parent household that pay squat in income taxes get back 10-15 grand on a return is ludicrous. Most can't handle money in the first place and blow the return on bright shiny objects. Plus EBT cards and fuel assistance and pretty much free medical. There should be a better way.

Edited by J. Jackson

7 hours ago, SnowRider said:

@racer254 is so fucking stupid :lol:  He’s lapsing the sweet beads off Ron-A-Non’s scrotum and loves it :lmao: 

Why do you always make these homo erotic statements/fantasies that tie in old male political figures junk in detail?

So creepy 

The reality of America is there is a lot of help out there for people but both sides don't want to talk about it very much.   The left wants more so they sell there isn't anything and the right is somewhat afraid to talk about it because it makes them look unsympathetic. 

To claim we haven't created a culture of dependency is simply wrong and this has nothing to do with color.   Just watch what goes on in poor white communities.  They are just as dependent or addicted to govt assistance.  A significant portion has and will revolve around chemical dependency.