Check your account email address ×

Ron Johnson: social security is unfair for the rich people.

Ron is a cunt.

Jan. 1, 2023, the maximum earnings subject to the Social Security payroll tax will increase by nearly 9 percent to $160,200—up from the $147,000 maximum for 2022 

so, after you make $160.2k you don't pay another nickel into social security for the year.  

who's he trying to kid here?  

Oh yes, bring back the narrative about republicans cutting SS.

Welcome back to the 90's and the democrat narratives.....Abortion, SS, etc.  And the usual members push the narrative and the deception.

He is a fiscal conservative that you keep asking for, but when a dem narrative comes out, you also fall for it. 

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Ron is a cunt.

Jan. 1, 2023, the maximum earnings subject to the Social Security payroll tax will increase by nearly 9 percent to $160,200—up from the $147,000 maximum for 2022 

so, after you make $160.2k you don't pay another nickel into social security for the year.  

who's he trying to kid here?  

The closer your contribution is to max the less % return you get.  If you and your spouse are just at the maximum contribution rate you are far from rich.

Do some calculations yourself.

https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/benefit6.cgi

On top of that you have the EITC which many lower income people get checks back from the govt.  Over $6000/yr with 3 kids.  

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/progdesc/sspus/ernintax.pdf

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a special Federal income tax credit for low-income workers.The credit reduces the amount of tax they owe (if any) and is intended to offset some of the increases in living expenses and Social Security taxes. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The closer your contribution is to max the less % return you get.  If you and your spouse are just at the maximum contribution rate you are far from rich.

Do some calculations yourself.

https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/benefit6.cgi

On top of that you have the EITC which many lower income people get checks back from the govt.   

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/progdesc/sspus/ernintax.pdf

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a special Federal income tax credit for low-income workers.The credit reduces the amount of tax they owe (if any) and is intended to offset some of the increases in living expenses and Social Security taxes. 

I know how it works but chuckle over the tears of the wealthiest Americans 

Johnson is trying to make sure these programs stay solvent, but the usual deceptive POS's in the democrat media just want to bash him. 

The statements reflect long-held positions for Johnson, who entered politics in 2010 campaigning against federal deficits and has long raised the alarm about what he calls unsustainable government spending.

In a statement posted to Twitter, Johnson's spokesperson Alexa Henning said the point was "that without fiscal discipline and oversight typically found with discretionary spending, Congress has allowed guaranteed benefits for programs like Social Security and Medicare to be threatened."

"This must be addressed by Congress taking its responsibilities seriously to ensure that seniors don't need to question whether the programs they depend on remain solvent," said Henning. 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know how it works but chuckle over the tears of the wealthiest Americans 

Sorry....a couple earning $160K (or historically hitting the contribution max) is far from the "wealthiest Americans."  :lol:  

People like MC just pay themselves far under the max and take distributions anyway.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sorry....a couple earning $160K (or historically hitting the contribution max) is far from the "wealthiest Americans."  :lol:  

People like MC just pay themselves far under the max and take distributions.  :lmao:

160k for a family is barely livable 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The wealthy need our sympathy. They are being FUUUCCCKKKEEEDDD 

He isn't asking for sympathy, but keep the spin going.  Just like your desantis stuff.  Rage farming at it's finest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

so who's income (or over taxation) is Ron concerned about?  

$160K cap is per individual... not per household 

Just now, f7ben said:

Well I wouldn't go that far....its an excellent living in my area but its far from being one of the wealthiest American's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Republicans have been trying to kill social security since it began. Cute little phrases like “the nanny state” get the GOP cunts in an uproar. 

Lies again, but democrats need people like you.  You're probably still mad that feingold lost.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I bet you have a voodoo doll of Scott Walker that you still stick pins in!  :lol: 

Pay up, you lose

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I bet you have a voodoo doll of Scott Walker that you still stick pins in!  :lol: 

It’s great how Donald Trump managed to accomplish what the democrats failed at. He put a bullet in Scott walker’s political future. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

so who's income (or over taxation) is Ron concerned about?  

$160K cap is per individual... not per household 

Not every household has 2 incomes.   

I didn't watch the whole thing as I can't stand the Young Armenian Genocides but taxing more or all income above the $160K would have negative impacts on the economy.  It would take money away from the private sector and investment immediately.   It would also just encourage the govt to borrow against it.   Surely you don't agree with that?    

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Look at how quickly you change the subject when called out on your lies.

Johnson is only interested in his class of people. He has zero interest in anyone that may be struggling. He’s a total piece of shit 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not every household has 2 incomes.   

I didn't watch the whole thing as I can't stand the Young Armenian Genocides but taxing more or all income above the $160K would have negative impacts on the economy.  It would take money away from the private sector and investment immediately.   It would also just encourage the govt to borrow against it.   Surely you don't agree with that?    

you don't have to watch it... I provided you the information separately.  furthermore I don't believe they or anyone else suggested raising the cap more than it has been raised unless I missed something?  

I won't even get started on my normal 'how our elected idiots fucked up social security for decades' rants... I've said it all too many times here. 

Didn't Trump (to his credit?) tell republicans not to fuck with social security?