Check your account email address ×

States looking at charging by the mile instead of gas tax

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

One minute he's commenting how there's only a few of them on the road while any other time he's jerking off to sales numbers etc   SMH

I heard Here that EV’s aren’t main stream and will never be….  So that leaves the all the ICE vehicles tearing up the roads currently and underfunding their up keep cause the gas tax is to cheap and should be more.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I heard Here that EV’s aren’t main stream and will never be….  So that leaves the all the ICE vehicles tearing up the roads currently and underfunding their up keep cause the gas tax is to cheap and should be more.

Cherry-picker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Cherry-picking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, SkisNH said:

What about the increasing number of EV’S that you constantly post about....they should be charged by the mile @ average gas mileage. 

I think everything should be by GVWR and per mile fee.  Heavier rated vehicles pay more

Has everyone simply forgot how expensive vehicle registration fee's have gotten?   Fucking more than made up for lack of revenue from gas tax.   Yeah I know State vs Federal but fuck they've gotten expensive because vehicles have gotten expensive. $70K vehicle in Iowa will cost $4900 the first 7 years.   That's more than enough for the fucking roads. 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I just prepay for the tank.

You wouldn’t have to prepay anything w an electric vehicle.  For now anyways.

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

What kind of car did you get?

And what was your impression of it?

Ive been in a few teslas and thought they were cool. Just not ready to give up the gas yet for longer trips. Bring up the range numbers so I can at least make it to the cabin in winter, and bring down the charge times and I’m interested. The current tech doesn’t interest me.

Mercedes EQE.  It was actually pretty nice.  I’ve always been a torque hound and EVs have instant torque.  It wasn’t super crazy fast but plenty quick.  I think 0-60 spec is low 6s.  I like to be in the 4s :lol:  I could see one as a third vehicle one day, but not my only vehicle.

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

ICE vehicles too. 

Fo Sho, could definitely get back a lot of those SS dollars from the retires who sold off their houses and don't have to pay school and property taxes anymore,.. Prolly should double the tax mileage of rec vehicles to make up the losses..:ashamed:

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fo Sho, could definitely get back a lot of those SS dollars from the retires who sold off their houses and don't have to pay school and property taxes anymore,.. Prolly should double the tax mileage of rec vehicles to make up the losses..:ashamed:

I probably don’t drive much more than others here. Stake out an area and I’m usually good for a week or two. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I probably don’t drive much more than others here. Stake out an area and I’m usually good for a week or two. 

I'm thinking most retires who sell off everything they own and get a rec vehicle to tour the states tend to drive more than 800mi a month....What do you think?

27 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm thinking most retires who sell off everything they own and get a rec vehicle to tour the states tend to drive more than 800mi a month....What do you think?

I average less than 1000/mo. During February less than 100 miles. Between the months of may-oct I put on most of the miles. The majority are slow, back country miles on sand, gravel, and slick rock.