Check your account email address ×

Trump wants to kill the Energy Star program

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You need to give your man card back (if you ever even had one) when you can post back and forth about fucking appliances :gfight: 

fuck if I relied on my wife to use a appliance I would have starved to death 20 yrs ago . I actually like to cook .

funny when I go out of town my wife eats cereal and caned soup cold sandwiches and delivered pizza unless I cook a pan of lasagna or some shit she can pop in the micro . worse than a fucking 8 yr old .

and what is a appliance ?electric motors , gas lines and valves, pumps, high voltage. if u cant replace a pump in your washer u need your man cared pulled  

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

fuck if I relied on my wife to use a appliance I would have starved to death 20 yrs ago . I actually like to cook .

funny when I go out of town my wife eats cereal and caned soup cold sandwiches and delivered pizza unless I cook a pan of lasagna or some shit she can pop in the micro . worse than a fucking 8 yr old .

and what is a appliance ?electric motors , gas lines and valves, pumps, high voltage. if u cant replace a pump in your washer u need your man cared pulled  

I have fixed washers and dryers very simple stuff, need to do a timer it's acting odd I tried contacts cleaner and didn't help :)

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Trump wants to kill the Energy Star program.

Another day, another grift. The EPA's Energy Star program has been, for consumers, a raging success. A label, right there on each of the displayed home appliances in a store, tells you flat-out how much electricity your latest purchase is going to use and what it's going to cost you; if you want a version that costs less, you can easily find a brand that's more energy-efficient and go from there. If the program didn't exist, such comparisons would be impossible. 

So of course Team Trump wants to murder the thing. And of course there's a link to his own businesses involved here, because the program also includes voluntary scoring of commercial real estate buildings. Guess what? 

Trump's properties tend to receive low Energy Star ratings. The most recent scores from 2015 reveal that 11 of his 15 skyscrapers in New York, Chicago and San Francisco are less energy efficient than most comparable buildings. On a scale of 1 to 100 for energy efficiency, Manhattan's old Mayfair Hotel, which Trump converted into condos, rated a 1. 

But none of this could matter if the administration has its way. It has proposed cutting all funding to the Energy Star Program, run by the Environmental Protection Agency. 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/29/1656896/-Trump-wants-to-kill-the-Energy-Star-program-Guess-what-his-motive-might-be?detail=emaildkre&link_id=2&can_id=861a9125edc6ec9480b5e7910a47b2d9&source=email-new-york-times&email_referrer=new-york-times&email_subject=new-york-times

MC - this is Dump and his properties - not The Clinton Foundation so the forum mouthbreathers don't understand. :lol: 

Another day, another grift. The EPA's Energy Star program has been, for consumers, a raging success. A label, right there on each of the displayed home appliances in a store, tells you flat-out how much electricity your latest purchase is going to use and what it's going to cost you; if you want a version that costs less, you can easily find a brand that's more energy-efficient and go from there. If the program didn't exist, such comparisons would be impossible. 

So of course Team Trump wants to murder the thing. And of course there's a link to his own businesses involved here, because the program also includes voluntary scoring of commercial real estate buildings. Guess what? 

Trump's properties tend to receive low Energy Star ratings. The most recent scores from 2015 reveal that 11 of his 15 skyscrapers in New York, Chicago and San Francisco are less energy efficient than most comparable buildings. On a scale of 1 to 100 for energy efficiency, Manhattan's old Mayfair Hotel, which Trump converted into condos, rated a 1. 

But none of this could matter if the administration has its way. It has proposed cutting all funding to the Energy Star Program, run by the Environmental Protection Agency. 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/29/1656896/-Trump-wants-to-kill-the-Energy-Star-program-Guess-what-his-motive-might-be?detail=emaildkre&link_id=2&can_id=861a9125edc6ec9480b5e7910a47b2d9&source=email-new-york-times&email_referrer=new-york-times&email_subject=new-york-times

MC - this is Dump and his properties - not The Clinton Foundation so the forum mouthbreathers don't understand. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

We heard you the first time. :lol:

3q7yqj.jpg

Yeah - morning glitch.  Internet is just waking up :lol: 

i posted it once for Momo, once for EZ Dumper. And once for Son of Momo :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

I think his actions are fantastic - repeal and gut as many environmentally related programs as possible - just like Hillary would have done :lmao::lol: At some point those living on fantasy island  might actually wake up :lol: 

57 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I think his actions are fantastic - repeal and gut as many environmentally related programs as possible - just like Hillary would have done :lmao::lol: At some point those living on fantasy island  might actually wake up :lol: 

They've already woke, that's how your piece of shit candidate got put out to pasture for good. You make it sound like he's on tape pouring cyanide into the Potomac river. But no exaggeration there.

I read last night the president is 'killing the great lakes'. the Dems have a credibility problem, and this kind of stuff isn't going to help...

Edited by Edmo

the program also drives the manufacturers to make their products more energy efficient, with the "visibility" of the labels. this guy is a complete fucking idiot.

btw what a great speech he have saturday night! maybe somebody should tell him the campaign is over and he needs to start acting more presidential, instead of so bitterly divisive to please his redneck base. my god what an embarrassment this guy, and his dipshit diehard supporters are to the country.

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the program also drives the manufacturers to make their products more energy efficient, with the "visibility" of the labels. this guy is a complete fucking idiot.

btw what a great speech he have saturday night! maybe somebody should tell him the campaign is over and he needs to start acting more presidential, instead of so bitterly divisive to please his redneck base. my god what an embarrassment this guy, and his dipshit diehard supporters are to the country.

keep it up.  Its worked so well so far.

23 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

stfu you whinebag, liberal douche

200w.gif#0-grid3

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and the last time u bought the washing machine because it had more energy stars was when ?

only a tool worries if his refrigerator is costing him 8 more bucks a yr in electricity than the one with more stars .  

most intelligent americans do look at energy star ratings before laying out their hard earned cash on an appliance or furnace. there's always a few that are fucking morons. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

most intelligent americans do look at energy star ratings before laying out their hard earned cash on an appliance or furnace. there's always a few that are fucking morons. 

Most times energy efficient appliances are not worth it because the initial cost of the units outweigh the gains in efficiency over the life of the unit. The key is to find the value.

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Most times energy efficient appliances are not worth it because the initial cost of the units outweigh the gains in efficiency over the life of the unit. The key is to find the value.

Yes - now find the value without the star rating :bc: 

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The manufacturers should be providing that info, not a govt. run agency.

of the horror. is it really that hard to understand why things like this are, and should, be done? if yeah, you're quite the dumb fuck.

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The manufacturers should be providing that info, not a govt. run agency.

:lol: From their own independent labs and good will :lmao: 

Admit it - it works and as designed - but you can't come to grips with criticizing the clown in the WH :lol: 

Hi SnoPutz  :lmao: 

IMG_3025.JPG

22 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Yes - now find the value without the star rating :bc: 

it's really not that difficult. the energy star rating is government doing what it's supposed to be doing in a modern society. there's many things that require government intervention to advance the the quality of life for american citizens. EPA guidelines in vehicle emissions, safety standards, efficiency ratings...etc.