Check your account email address ×

Did Jesus of Nazareth actually exist?

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots of unexplainable things in this world like I mentioned above yet people fully believe in them.  

At least the people living 2000 years ago knew what a woman was.

Today, not so sure.:lol:

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not with children seeing and describing in perfect details relatives they never knew about and its hardly the basis for any faith. 

Reality is there is much in this world that is unexplainable yet we solidly believe in them.  Big Bang.....Gravity to name a few.  Some even still believe the COVID virus came solely from the wet market and there is ZERO scientific evidence of that.  :lmao:  

CNN is their god.:lol:

So back to the OP how many here think that Jesus was the son of god and performed all the miracles which the church uses to WOW young kids into believing he was actually god on earth?

Enough with the covid BS ffs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, HSR said:

So back to the OP how many here think that Jesus was the son of god and performed all the miracles which the church uses to WOW young kids into believing he was actually god on earth?

One line in many posts.  :lol:  Damn that bothers you believers.  

Edited by Highmark

27 minutes ago, HSR said:

Jesus is the same as Santa Claus.

The accuracy of the dead sea scrolls to the previously earliest known text of the old testament is critical in knowing how accurate these texts were passed and copied from generation to generation.

Biblical significance

Before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest Hebrew-language manuscripts of the Bible were Masoretic texts dating to the 10th century CE, such as the Aleppo Codex.[519] Today, the oldest known extant manuscripts of the Masoretic Text date from approximately the 9th century. The biblical manuscripts found among the Dead Sea Scrolls push that date back a full thousand years, to the 2nd century BCE.[520] This was a significant discovery for Old Testament scholars who anticipated that the Dead Sea Scrolls would either affirm or repudiate the reliability of textual transmission from the original texts to the oldest Masoretic texts at hand. The discovery demonstrated the unusual accuracy of transmission over a thousand-year period, rendering it reasonable to believe that current Old Testament texts are reliable copies of the original works.

According to The Dead Sea Scrolls by Hebrew scholar Millar Burrows

Of the 166 words in Isaiah 53, there are only seventeen letters in question. Ten of these letters are simply a matter of spelling, which does not affect the sense. Four more letters are minor stylistic changes, such as conjunctions. The remaining three letters comprise the word "light," which is added in verse 11, and does not affect the meaning greatly.[521]

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The accuracy of the dead sea scrolls to the previously earliest known text of the old testament is critical in knowing how accurate these texts were passed and copied from generation to generation.

Biblical significance

Before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest Hebrew-language manuscripts of the Bible were Masoretic texts dating to the 10th century CE, such as the Aleppo Codex.[519] Today, the oldest known extant manuscripts of the Masoretic Text date from approximately the 9th century. The biblical manuscripts found among the Dead Sea Scrolls push that date back a full thousand years, to the 2nd century BCE.[520] This was a significant discovery for Old Testament scholars who anticipated that the Dead Sea Scrolls would either affirm or repudiate the reliability of textual transmission from the original texts to the oldest Masoretic texts at hand. The discovery demonstrated the unusual accuracy of transmission over a thousand-year period, rendering it reasonable to believe that current Old Testament texts are reliable copies of the original works.

Of the 166 words in Isaiah 53, there are only seventeen letters in question. Ten of these letters are simply a matter of spelling, which does not affect the sense. Four more letters are minor stylistic changes, such as conjunctions. The remaining three letters comprise the word "light," which is added in verse 11, and does not affect the meaning greatly.[521]

I wonder if Millar Burrows thought the earth was flat.

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Biblical significance

But, but what does their god CNN say?

:lol:

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Based on how many anti religion memes you have in your quiver, you must have been penetrated by a priest as a kid.  Could explain your latent hostility and excess drug use.  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you get ass raped by a priest?

Weird projection from The Cunt Twins.🤔

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Man are you obsessed with my posts:lol:

Not really.  I just think you’re a jag off.  I haven’t posted all weekend pretty much.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Jesus is the same as Santa Claus.

IYHO.  I don’t think anyone has a lock on what is real and what is bullshit.  Thinking you can explain the earth and the stars, evolution, human intelligence and everything else that explains how we got here is just foolish.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

IYHO.  I don’t think anyone has a lock on what is real and what is bullshit.  Thinking you can explain the earth and the stars, evolution, human intelligence and everything else that explains how we got here is just foolish.  

Thinking it magically appeared from some god is foolish. And just like I told Snake, my opinion is all that matters.

:bc:

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Thinking it magically appeared from some god is foolish. And just like I told Snake, my opinion is all that matters.

As is mine.  No one can explain it.  That’s the point.  So everyone gets to have their opinion except in the minds of ass clowns like HSR and DerpHaven.  The left has demonized organized religion and some for good reason.  But their god is the state, which I will never be on board with.  :bc: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

As is mine.  No one can explain it.  That’s the point.  So everyone gets to have their opinion except in the minds of ass clowns like HSR and DerpHaven.  The left has demonized organized religion and some for good reason.  But their god is the state, which I will never be on board with.  :bc: 

When people from the church of scientology are Trumpers, it's time to look at yourself in the mirror.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

When people from the church of scientology are Trumpers, it's time to look at yourself in the mirror.

Have you seen who all supports the democraps?  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Have you seen who all supports the democraps?  :lmao:

Does that make who Trump supporters are ok? 

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Does that make who Trump supporters are ok? 

Both sides have crazies. 

1200x0.jpg

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

The theory of an almighty deity in the sky is a human construct, made by men who didn't know what the stars or the sun were or that the earth was round. There is zero scientific fact behind any of it. Man created god period,not the other way around. In order to believe you must have faith as there is no proof and never has there ever been. Just stories handed down and misconstrued over time.

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

The theory of an almighty deity in the sky is a human construct, made by men who didn't know what the stars or the sun were or that the earth was round. There is zero scientific fact behind any of it. Man created god period,not the other way around. In order to believe you must have faith as there is no proof and never has there ever been. Just stories handed down and misconstrued over time.

So you were ass raped by a priest.:lol:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Yep…… :lol: 

23 minutes ago, HSR said:

Well said.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So you were ass raped by a priest.:lol:

Not surprised you take joy in such an abomination.

• Like 1