• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Like I said, it sure needs it. California has a ghost lake🤣

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Misunderstood - all good!

Houses are collapsing and sliding down the mountain in Utah, lakes are coming back In California… so hopefully these man made reservoirs can gain back some of their depth they once had 

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Houses are collapsing and sliding down the mountain in Utah, lakes are coming back In California… so hopefully these man made reservoirs can gain back some of their depth they once had 

I think that article said they would predictably go from 23% to 26% full - that's a pretty good jump for one year, let's hope it happens again - it always does eventually.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I think that article said they would predictably go from 23% to 26% full - that's a pretty good jump for one year, let's hope it happens again - it always does eventually.

I watched a guy last night say it would take 3-5 more years of precipitation like this year to get back to normal levels. He then went on to say that wasn’t likely. I thought to myself why not? The weather during the last 20 years have been anomalous in the SW. very dry and hot. What’s to say that this isn’t a reversal of sort.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I watched a guy last night say it would take 3-5 more years of precipitation like this year to get back to normal levels. He then went on to say that wasn’t likely. I thought to myself why not? The weather during the last 20 years have been anomalous in the SW. very dry and hot. What’s to say that this isn’t a reversal of sort.

Exactly - I remember back in the early 2000s there were some guys with the biggest/baddest mountain sleds at the time riding in the Sierra Nevada mountains for a good 4-5 years in a row with stellar snow conditions.  They put out a ton of vids of their little adventures.  So yeah, it's happened before...

Powell will probably fill up much more than Mead in this instance.  But we'll take it.  Our reservoirs along the Salt River on the east end of town are overflowing.  All four reservoirs on the Salt River system are filled right to the brim and we're having to dump excess water out into the desert.  The Salt and Gila rivers down towards Gila Bend are flowing once again.  Something that only happens on occasion.  It sucks we can't recapture all of that, but a good bit of it does end up in our aquifers.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its the fucking desert and 40 million people use the water. 

Just like Florida gets leveled by hurricanes and floods and sucks money out of the system for rebuilding. It’s sickening. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He's not wrong.  Northern Europe and North America have had years of great prosperity when temps were warmer than they are today.

Seriously, look at the shit weather Wisconsin has had this spring and ask yourself if a little warming wouldn't be nice?  There was still a foot of snow in the yard, and we got 3 inches of snow when I was back in Appleton to bury my grandpa on 4/1.  Fuck that... 

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's not wrong.  Northern Europe and North America have had years of great prosperity when temps were warmer than they are today.

Seriously, look at the shit weather Wisconsin has had this spring and ask yourself if a little warming wouldn't be nice?  There was still a foot of snow in the yard, and we got 3 inches of snow when I was back in Appleton to bury my grandpa on 4/1.  Fuck that... 

freak storms 

our actual winter for snowmobiling was mediocre at best... north of 29

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry about your grandpa…Condolences.

• Thanks 1

i think we see it between the midwest and us in the northeast . we had a shitty run this year and the midwest was killing it from what i remember. few years back we had it good and they were thin. as far as some warming it was warmer the last 2 weeks of march than it is right now. snow 3 times in the past week. didn't stick or anything but it was literally more than january and colder. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry for your loss, Matt. :bc:

4 hours ago, Matt said:

He had a good run, and he was ready after losing my grandma last August.  Thanks!

Sorry to hear about losing your grandparents.