Check your account email address ×

Just had a full grown timber wolf run through...

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

We have lots of wolves in our area, i hate the bastards and wish the dnr would let us regulate the population! I'm not guy who wants them extinct but the numbers are just too high in this area. Very few deer left and we're starting to see bear hair in wolf shit midwinter and early summer when the cubs come out. I've seen pictures of dug up bear dens in winter where the wolves killed the bear. Imo that's not normal and comes from a lack of regular food sources in the area. I'm glad to see them showing up down south where there's more food. Hopefully a bunch more move that way and give us a bit of a break up here

next time I'm up at the cottage I'll snap a couple pics of what the wolves and coyotes leave around the yard in the winter.  bear cubs... also on the menu.

• Like 1

We have tons of coyotes, bobcats, and the state reintroduced fishers to keep the porcupine population down, they kill lots of turkeys, now they are talking about reintroducing the Pine martin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

We have tons of coyotes, bobcats, and the state reintroduced fishers to keep the porcupine population down, they kill lots of turkeys, now they are talking about reintroducing the Pine martin.

I watched a Marten hunt down  squirrel out hunting years ago, wicked tree racing!!! Trappers around here used to be able to trap 100-150 per year.

20220323_190844_IMG_0558.JPG

5 hours ago, HSR said:

I watched a Marten hunt down  squirrel out hunting years ago, wicked tree racing!!! Trappers around here used to be able to trap 100-150 per year.

20220323_190844_IMG_0558.JPG

I've only seen 1 fisher just for a second, never seen a martin in the wild except on tv. lots of coyotes, black bears, and 8 or so bobcats.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

the woods behind my house while I was on the deck in basically downtown Wausau. 

Normal wildlife here being loads of deer, fox, rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, fischer, coyote, tons of raptors and during fawning season the occasional bear... but never in 17 years have I seen a wolf. 

Of course the game camera I just ordered yesterday isn't here yet... this is our back yard.

IMG_20230423_100457612_HDR.jpg

Any bigfoots?