Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

• Platinum Contributing Member

The overwhelming percentage of so called mass shootings are rather gang related or in general not random by nature.

The situation in Maine while horrible is still quite rare in the US.

I believe when they changed the definition of "mass shooting" they added "active shooter/shooting" which is what this was.

Eliminate drug violence and the US would be one of the safest places in the world. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The overwhelming percentage of so called mass shootings are rather gang related or in general not random by nature.

I believe when they changed the definition of "mass shooting" they added "active shooter/shooting" which is what this was.

Eliminate drug violence and the US would be one of the safest places in the world. 

imagine the $ we've spent on the War on Drugs... because so many Americans LOVE drugs.  

some of my potheaded liberal friends hated it when I used to ask them if they enjoyed wasting taxpayers dollars and killing Mexicans for their buzz... back before we start LEGALIZING it in this country. 

we're a society of hypocrites if you really think about it and look at the bigger picture. 

btw, where do most of the Cartels get their guns?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

imagine the $ we've spent on the War on Drugs... because so many Americans LOVE drugs.  

some of my potheaded liberal friends hated it when I used to ask them if they enjoyed wasting taxpayers dollars and killing Mexicans for their buzz... back before we start LEGALIZING it in this country. 

we're a society of hypocrites if you really think about it and look at the bigger picture. 

btw, where do most of the Cartels get their guns?

With drugs I see only two options. 

First....legalization.   Even to the point of the govt producing them and selling them at break even costs.  Use price and availability to drive out the illegal trade.

or

Second... a real war on drugs.   Massive military force against the cartels.   Massive changes in border security including the trucking and shipping ports of entry.   Massive force put on Mexico and China thru trade restrictions and sanctions.

We are a society of hypocrites in many of the vices we have and its not just drugs.

Cartels get their guns from Eric Holder.  :lol:  Selling weapons to foreign citizens should carry extensive prison sentences and fines.   

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At one point in time they included BB Gun incidents in the Mass Shooting numbers. Like the MMGW thing, this is constantly "evolving" for the anti gun crowd

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is that a Coors Light Mr Responsible Firearms Owner? 

9_9

Screenshot_20231026-074517.png

Man you’re a fucking absolute faggot , definitely the type I’d make fun of in person and not really get along with. Just an annoying moron. 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

At one point in time they included BB Gun incidents in the Mass Shooting numbers. Like the MMGW thing, this is constantly "evolving" for the anti gun crowd

Of course they don't want to get into the demographics of the shooters as well.  Yes like the Maine shooting white men do them but as a percentage with the new definition its dominated by black and hispantic/latino shooters. 

White men are more prone to the very random active type shooting that occurred in Maine. 

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

We should definitely enact a law against having a beer while someone else is shooting.:crazy:

I always drink and play with guns when my teenage daughter is around... he said sarcastically.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Man you’re a fucking absolute faggot , definitely the type I’d make fun of in person and not really get along with. Just an annoying moron. 

Do you want to punch me Benny?   :)

By the original definition there have been about 3.5 per year since 1982 or 148 in total.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Of course they don't want to get into the demographics of the shooters as well.  Yes like the Maine shooting white men do them but as a percentage with the new definition its dominated by black and hispantic/latino shooters. 

White men are more prone to the very random active type shooting that occurred in Maine. 

Has nothing to do with race or skin color. Violence is global.
Maine has been a mess for a decade, and they haven't recovered from the BLM riots and other liberal nonsense.

Blue states like Maine and California are a mess.

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

With drugs I see only two options. 

First....legalization.   Even to the point of the govt producing them and selling them at break even costs.  Use price and availability to drive out the illegal trade.

or

Second... a real war on drugs.   Massive military force against the cartels.   Massive changes in border security including the trucking and shipping ports of entry.   Massive force put on Mexico and China thru trade restrictions and sanctions.

We are a society of hypocrites in many of the vices we have and its not just drugs.

Cartels get their guns from Eric Holder.  :lol:  Selling weapons to foreign citizens should carry extensive prison sentences and fines.   

yes, we as a collective nation are total hypocrites, but if there's $1 to be made off it... ;)

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I always drink and play with guns when my teenage daughter is around... he said sarcastically.

Do you want to punch me Benny?   :)

Not at all , I’d probably push you down and give you a mega atomic wedgie though!!! Take you right back to high school when the cool kids mercilessly teased and harassed you lol

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Has nothing to do with race or skin color. Violence is global.
Maine has been a mess for a decade, and they haven't recovered from the BLM riots and other liberal nonsense.

Blue states like Maine and California are a mess.

AA men commit over 50% of the homicides yet make up about 7% of the population.  Race, culture, economics....whatever the reason the statistics are indisputable.  Its not racist to show the facts.     

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

otb, did you mean to say mass murder?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not at all , I’d probably push you down and give you a mega atomic wedgie though!!! Take you right back to high school when the cool kids mercilessly teased and harassed you lol

I bet... ;)

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb, did you mean to say mass murder?

Did you mean your thread to say "565 Mass Murders this year."  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did you mean your thread to say "565 Mass Murders this year."  

no, that would have kept the thread under ten pages.

people don't care about mass murders, just mass shootings.