Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

If anyone wants to start a "Mass shootings in Canada" thread I'll gladly discuss Canada's issues but this thread is about the US so let's keep this one on topic unless you feel changing the topic is all you got. If so that's pretty sad. 

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

If anyone wants to start a "Mass shootings in Canada" thread I'll gladly discuss Canada's issues but this thread is about the US so let's keep this one on topic unless you feel changing the topic is all you got. If so that's pretty sad. 

Remember some guy posting this is the GE and you can post what you want.  Do you remember who posted that.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Remember some guy posting this is the GE and you can post what you want.  Do you remember who posted that.......

Dude you also whined and cried to Admin because you found members signatures offensive and they made your cunt bleed so just go sit it in the corner.

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

yep, they are scary, but the terms assault weapon, weapons of war, ghost gun, etc are for scaring the people not firmly set on either side of the topic into voting one way.

they (AR's) are seemingly the weapon of choice for some very mentally fucked up people... in many mass casualty instances though.  

hence, scary guns... kinda like Pit bulls.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Does this mean you're going to start a thread about illegal guns in canada or is it still ok to discuss it here?

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

Does this mean you're going to start a thread about illegal guns in canada or is it still ok to discuss it here?

I'm sorry I keep forgetting how slow you are. Thanks for the reminder.

19 minutes ago, HSR said:

Dude you also whined and cried to Admin because you found members signatures offensive and they made your cunt bleed so just go sit it in the corner.

Didn't know a simple question would upset you so much.  I'm sorry :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Didn't know a simple question would upset you so much.  I'm sorry :thumbsup:

Nothing scream "I'm a liberal " more than crying because someone's printed words upset you so much you repeatedly asked to have the members take them down. You were seriously upset bitch :lol:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'm sorry I keep forgetting how slow you are. Thanks for the reminder.

No problem, seems like you're a bit stressed lately glad i could help

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Nothing scream "I'm a liberal " more than crying because someone's printed words upset you so much you repeatedly asked to have the members take them down. You were seriously upset bitch :lol:

I see your still upset.  I'll give it some time :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they (AR's) are seemingly the weapon of choice for some very mentally fucked up people... in many mass casualty instances though.  

hence, scary guns... kinda like Pit bulls.

well, like anything, it depends what they want to report, and what people choose to believe. they highly publicize the mass shootings with any "assault style weapon", while ignoring all the others.

chicago has more in one week with handguns than the whole country does in a year with AR's, but that doesnt fit the story line so you'll never hear that stat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

well, like anything, it depends what they want to report, and what people choose to believe. they highly publicize the mass shootings with any "assault style weapon", while ignoring all the others.

chicago has more in one week with handguns than the whole country does in a year with AR's, but that doesnt fit the story line so you'll never hear that stat.

my point, or concerns (like the medias) revolve more around the school shootings... as a parent.  

our daughter (hs Sr. this year) has been doing active shooter drills since kindergarten... that should bother some people.  as a parent, it has and does concern me at times.  this is no way for a normal society to live or behave.  as I stated early on in the thread... it's time for some bipartisan deep thinkers to get together and at the minimum make schools a safe space.  

but that's just me I guess... 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my point, or concerns (like the medias) revolve more around the school shootings... as a parent.  

our daughter (hs Sr. this year) has been doing active shooter drills since kindergarten... that should bother some people.  as a parent, it has and does concern me at times.  this is no way for a normal society to live or behave.  as I stated early on in the thread... it's time for some bipartisan deep thinkers to get together and at the minimum make schools a safe space.  

:goodpost:

15 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

So you agree there is an issue with illegal handguns in the US ??

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

i absolutely agree, but unfortunately, the people with the most knowledge about guns, security, etc, are not the ones allowed to have any input, so bipartisan gets thrown out the window.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HSR said:

absolutely. unfortunately, it's such an easy problem to solve and yet the solution is looked at as racist, biased or whatever term they want to use this week.

follow through on all of the existing laws, and the people that do the stealing, selling and shooting of the guns, would not be out in public

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HSR said:

How many times go we need to agree there is a illegal gun problem.  Where you loose consciousness is when we say we have laws in place that need to be handed down to the full extent.  Not a light slap on the wrist sentences.

We don't need more laws that will not be enforced.

Carry on:thumbsup:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

absolutely. unfortunately, it's such an easy problem to solve and yet the solution is looked at as racist, biased or whatever term they want to use this week.

follow through on all of the existing laws, and the people that do the stealing, selling and shooting of the guns, would not be out in public

@Deephaven said the same thing on Monday - on top of this lets get back to actual consequences.  Enough with the poor me, I'm stupid, uneducated, and a member of a minority bullshit.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

. it's time for some bipartisan deep thinkers to get together and at the minimum make schools a safe space.  

Ya mean like take out glass doors and lock the fucking things?

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ya mean like take out glass doors and lock the fucking things?

that'd be a good start... along with metal detectors and classroom doors that actually lock.  armed teachers, ludicrously idiotic idea.

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that'd be a good start... along with metal detectors and classroom doors that actually lock.  armed teachers, ludicrously idiotic idea.

Armed teachers is most likely a no for me. They can't even be trusted to actually do their own job anymore, nevermind protect kids from a shooter.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Tommcat said:

Armed teachers is most likely a no for me. They can't even be trusted to actually do their own job anymore, nevermind protect kids from a shooter.

Depends on who. Most would probably have no desire to. Some are just as much qualified as any one else. 

I have a customer who teaches and he is a retired navy seal. I would have no problem with him or anyone just as qualified carrying in school. 

Hell up here I can walk into a school legaly while carrying.

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Depends on who. Most would probably have no desire to. Some are just as much qualified as any one else. 

I have a customer who teaches and he is a retired navy seal. I would have no problem with him or anyone just as qualified carrying in school. 

Hell up here I can walk into a school legaly while carrying.

I have a teaching buddy who's a retired armed services guy, and absolutely I'd trust him to carry.  But he's said it himself and said it rather bluntly.... "Fuck that!"  He wants nothing to do with carrying/protecting in school while he teaches, let alone facing the possibility of having to shoot a kid.

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to 565 *mass shootings this year