Check your account email address ×

Republicans exempt their own insurance from their latest health care proposal

Republicans exempt their own insurance from their latest health care proposal

Source: msn.com/vox

Republican legislators want to keep popular Obamacare provisions for themselves and their staff.

House Republicans appear to have included a provision that exempts Members of Congress and their staff from their latest health care plan.
The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on pre-existing conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping this Obamacare regulations.

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-exempt-their-own-insurance-from-their-latest-health-care-proposal/ar-BBAnqI1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

who else did that ? I am not for it at all but do not sling shit in a glass house u hypocrite cunt  .

Excuses are like assholes. When will God's party lead by example?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping this Obamacare regulations.

Its an Obamacare regulation put in place by dems. :lol:  

Got to love MC.   "My party fucked the American people so now that the GOP is doing it its their fault."  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, racinfarmer said:

MC, were you offended by it the last time this came around during the implementation of Obamacare?

Of course not. :lol:  

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Allah's party vs. God's party for all the marbles!!!

There is only one "God" and they all have their own name for "him". Unless you are talking about Zeus or Apollo or Flying spaghetti monster..

A number of traditions have lists of many names of God, many of which enumerate the various qualities of a Supreme Being. The English word "God" (and its equivalent in other languages) is used by multiple religions as a noun or name to refer to different deities.[1] Ancient cognate equivalents for the word "God" include proto-Semitic El, biblical Hebrew Elohim, Arabic 'ilah, and biblical Aramaic Elah. The personal or proper name for God in many of these languages may either be distinguished from such attributes, or homonymic. For example, in Judaism the tetragrammaton is sometimes related to the ancient Hebrew ehyeh (I will be).

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

MC, were you offended by it the last time this came around during the implementation of Obamacare?

Doubtful. It should outrage everyone. 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I'll say when I heard about it the first time, it pissed me off.  

Implement a law that doesn't apply to the lawmakers - WTF!

If you really look, there are alot of laws that dont apply to the political class. They cant be charged with insider trading. Fuck, some have gotten away with murder. It doesnt pay to be a poor working stiff. Im joining the republican party and im gonna be an insider. Indiana is the perfect state to do that. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

There is only one "God" and they all have their own name for "him". Unless you are talking about Zeus or Apollo or Flying spaghetti monster..

Don't tell religios folks that...they all have their own version of a self righteous Deity.  And I'll do the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" thing.  Don't thing he/she/it has created as much chaos as any of the others.

Yup.

If you really look, there are alot of laws that dont apply to the political class. They cant be charged with insider trading. Fuck, some have gotten away with murder. It doesnt pay to be a poor working stiff. Im joining the republican party and im gonna be an insider. Indiana is the perfect state to do that. :bc: 

My old man says the quickest guaranteed way to become a millionaire in the US is to be elected to Congress or the House.  

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My old man says the quickest guaranteed way to become a millionaire in the US is to be elected to Congress or the House.  

Gotta be a cocksucking whore. Sign me up! :bc: 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Agreed.   In fact I will email my states congressional members regarding this.