Check your account email address ×

Artisanal Mining In The Congo

• Gold Member

Use to be women and children in these vids.  I have read that the movement and Congo are making progress on mining reforms.  Makes sense that it’s only what appears to be full grown men are in this vids as mining reforms take effect in Congo.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Use to be women and children in these vids.  I have read that the movement and Congo are making progress on mining reforms.  Makes sense that it’s only what appears to be full grown men are in this vids as mining reforms take effect in Congo.

You really believe that? 

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What ever eases you nonexistent guilt.....

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Snake said:

What ever eases you nonexistent guilt.....

I do think about Congo kids when I see gas stations.  Gas wouldnt exist without it Congo Cobalt.  Neither would cell phones, remote keyless entry and many other daily use electronics.

but really I don’t think about congo Cobalt mining when fill something with gas, using a cell phone, using most all electronics, or Driving an EV.  Used a some m18 milwaukees yesterday and didn’t think about Congo at all.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You really believe that? 

Over 90% of Cobalt is just a byproduct of copper and nickel mining.  Estimates are somewhere around 20 percent of Congo’s cobalt is artisanal mind and congo supplies 70% of the worlds cobalt.  Majority of the congo cobalt is mechanized mined as is the rest the world.  Very little of the world’s Cobalt is mined like in the vid.  But they also mine gold in congo like they do in the vid in congo.  They go after many minerals in congo like this.

I think Parker is mining gold like this in these third world countries for the discovery channel show.

didn’t see any women and children in that vid.  Did you?

Edited by BOHICA

Ehhh....who really cares. Atleast they're getting paid. Everyone thats horrified by this is still going to use they're cell phone, gps, computer,  cordless tools, cars. Nobody gives a shit. Not much different than the coal miners in the early US history, it's just that the congo is 100+yrs behind us. Maybe some of the blacks in California can take their reparations checks and move back  to these impoverished black countries and help bring them up to modern ways of life. 

59 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Over 90% of Cobalt is just a byproduct of copper and nickel mining.  Estimates are somewhere around 20 percent of Congo’s cobalt is artisanal mind and congo supplies 70% of the worlds cobalt.  Majority of the congo cobalt is mechanized mined as is the rest the world.  Very little of the world’s Cobalt is mined like in the vid.  But they also mine gold in congo like they do in the vid in congo.  They go after many minerals in congo like this.

I think Parker is mining gold like this in these third world countries for the discovery channel show.

didn’t see any women and children in that vid.  Did you?

Sure. While none of that can actually be proven, one thing can. EV’s are not sustainable. That is the truth. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Sure. While none of that can actually be proven, one thing can. EV’s are not sustainable. That is the truth. 

EV’s will replace gas powered vehicle in near future much like gas cars replaced horse and buggy.

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I think you meant to say Thank you poor black third world men for mining in unsafe conditions so I can obey the agenda I’ve been given.

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I think you meant to say Thank you poor black third world men for mining in unsafe conditions so I can obey the agenda I’ve been given.

What agenda.  Cobalt is used almost daily in everyone’s life.  You use a phone? Cobalt went into that.  You use gas?  Cobalt went into that.

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The kids are in the rivers digging diamonds once they get stronger they get them out of the light duty scoop at a time Dimond work

• Gold Member
54 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What agenda.  Cobalt is used almost daily in everyone’s life.  You use a phone? Cobalt went into that.  You use gas?  Cobalt went into that.

1 pound of cobalt is used in 80k gallons of gas 

1 ev battery uses 30+ pounds of cobalt 

Anything I use will never even come close to the amount in 1 ev battery.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

so Cobalt harvest by slaves is needed to refine petroleum into transportation fuel.  Thanks.  Let me guess you don’t care that miners in the Congo have to mine it for fuels but it bothers you that EV’s use Cobalt?

Depends on the battery how much cobalt is in them….  15-30 lbs depending on size and cell.

cobalt free batteries are rapidly expanding.  Likely go over 1/2 the EV’s produced in 2023

https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/market-insights/latest-news/energy-transition/042122-almost-half-of-tesla-evs-produced-in-q1-had-no-nickel-cobalt-in-battery?_its=JTdCJTIydmlkJTIyJTNBJTIyNmIxYjgwOGEtNmU2Yy00MGQ2LWFiOWYtNzEwNmE0YTg4ZTI2JTIyJTJDJTIyc3RhdGUlMjIlM0ElMjJybHR%2BMTY3OTg3NTMwOX5sYW5kfjJfMTAwMjJfc2VvXzhlN2ZkZTViMzgzNDg3OWYzODliYTAwYjdhOWU2MDAwJTIyJTdE
Electric vehicle maker Tesla equipped almost half of the EVs manufactured in the first quarter of 2022 with nickel and cobalt-free lithium iron phosphate, or LFP, batteries, it said in its first-quarter results presentation April 20.

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The kids are in the rivers digging diamonds once they get stronger they get them out of the light duty scoop at a time Dimond work

They are dig Cobalt for the fossil fuel industry…. And every other battery equipped device. They are digging diamonds.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

so Cobalt harvest by slaves is needed to refine petroleum into transportation fuel.  Thanks.  Let me guess you don’t care that miners in the Congo have to mine it for fuels but it bothers you that EV’s use Cobalt?

Depends on the battery how much cobalt is in them….  15-30 lbs depending on size and cell.

cobalt free batteries are rapidly expanding.  Likely go over 1/2 the EV’s produced in 2023

https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/market-insights/latest-news/energy-transition/042122-almost-half-of-tesla-evs-produced-in-q1-had-no-nickel-cobalt-in-battery?_its=JTdCJTIydmlkJTIyJTNBJTIyNmIxYjgwOGEtNmU2Yy00MGQ2LWFiOWYtNzEwNmE0YTg4ZTI2JTIyJTJDJTIyc3RhdGUlMjIlM0ElMjJybHR%2BMTY3OTg3NTMwOX5sYW5kfjJfMTAwMjJfc2VvXzhlN2ZkZTViMzgzNDg3OWYzODliYTAwYjdhOWU2MDAwJTIyJTdE
Electric vehicle maker Tesla equipped almost half of the EVs manufactured in the first quarter of 2022 with nickel and cobalt-free lithium iron phosphate, or LFP, batteries, it said in its first-quarter results presentation April 20.

15-30+ lbs per battery one single car if I used 80,000 gallons of gas (1lb cobalt) in my life I’d be surprised. There be lot less slaves mining over there if ev’s weren’t a thing.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

15-30+ lbs per battery one single car if I used 80,000 gallons of gas (1lb cobalt) in my life I’d be surprised. There be lot less slaves mining over there if ev’s weren’t a thing.

So you are ok with slaves and children Mining Cobalt for fossil fuels?

Edited by BOHICA

40 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So you are ok with slaves and children Mining Cobalt for fossil fuels?

How much cobalt is used in 100 gal of fossil fuel ? 

I know I know your 900 fusion is the best sled ever  defend it to the end 

Edited by Ez ryder