Check your account email address ×

Convicted former MI state senator virgil smith (d) files to run for a (d)etoilet city clowncil seat

People like that and the guy he is running against are just some of the people the major political parties need to push out  and wash their hands of.

If the petitions are approved, Smith would qualify to run against City Council President Pro Tem George Cushingberry, a former state lawmaker himself who had his law license suspended for taking a client’s money and providing no services.

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Chicago is 100x better. Yet another subject you are ignorant on... :news: 

Image may contain: night, skyscraper, sky, outdoor and water

Image may contain: one or more people, skyscraper, night, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, skyscraper, night, outdoor and water

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight, outdoor and water

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature

Your crime rate and filth is 100x better too 

You've probably never even been to Detroit either 

• Platinum Contributing Member

So analer posts beautiful skyline pictures and doesn't mention hundreds of murders...don't get me wrong as Detroit has struggled in recent years but there has been improvement and yeah Chicago  a pretty cool city. BTW nobody from Chicago should lecture anybody about corrupt politicians. :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

So analer posts beautiful skyline pictures and doesn't mention hundreds of murders...don't get me wrong as Detroit has struggled in recent years but there has been improvement and yeah Chicago s a pretty cool city.

He wants to compare apples to oranges like n2o 

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So analer posts beautiful skyline pictures and doesn't mention hundreds of murders...don't get me wrong as Detroit has struggled in recent years but there has been improvement and yeah Chicago  a pretty cool city. BTW nobody from Chicago should lecture anybody about corrupt politicians. :lol:

Murders per capita Detroit is still way worse. And you can go to the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and they don't look anything like Detroit's. 

Corruption in government go hand in hand in the US. Chicago and Detroit don't have any special lock on that.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Murders per capita Detroit is still way worse. And you can go to the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and they don't look anything like Detroit's. 

Corruption in government go hand in hand in the US. Chicago and Detroit don't have any special lock on that.

You've never been to the worst neighborhoods in Detroit 

58 minutes ago, Anler said:

Need to give Detroit to Canada. 

Think we can get anything for it?

54 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Like Shitcago is any better :lol:

Again, what do you think we can get for it?

17 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

"Windy City".  It's been my experience that applies to a lot of its population too.  Something about those big city folk thinking they live in paradise. I listened to that drivel for years and years....and laughed and laughed.  Sometimes out loud.  ....as I planned my escape everyday.

Ahhh....a face only a mother could love.

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Think we can get anything for it?

Again, what do you think we can get for it?

"Windy City".  It's been my experience that applies to a lot of its population too.  Something about those big city folk thinking they live in paradise. I listened to that drivel for years and years....and laughed and laughed.  Sometimes out loud.  ....as I planned my escape everyday.

Ahhh....a face only a mother could love.

Well if you enjoy

The arts

Sports

Fine dining

Commerce with great paying jobs

Good schools and universities

Access to world class medical facilities

A strong real estate market where properties appreciate in value.

Like living somewhere there are lots if hot chicks

Then the big city is where it's at. If you don't like any of that then you live somewhere else... :dunno:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well if you enjoy

The arts

Sports

Fine dining

Commerce with great paying jobs

Good schools and universities

Access to world class medical facilities

A strong real estate market where properties appreciate in value.

Like living somewhere there are lots if hot chicks

Then the big city is where it's at. If you don't like any of that then you live somewhere else... :dunno:

All that can be found in a metro area a lot smaller if only on a smaller scale.  My city has all that and it only has about 250k metro...but it is a bit different.  I did the "big city thang"...no thanks...I'm good.  The only thing I'll say that may be good about large areas is it is easy to make good money and lots of it.....and if you are smart about where you live, you can save handsomely for your escape.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All that can be found in a metro area a lot smaller if only on a smaller scale.  My city has all that and it only has about 250k metro...but it is a bit different.  I did the "big city thang"...no thanks...I'm good.  The only thing I'll say that may be good about large areas is it is easy to make good money and lots of it.....and if you are smart about where you live, you can save handsomely for your escape.

What kind of sports do you have in Duluth? 

• Gold Member

The chicago skyline is shit compared to what mother nature provides outside big cities.  Are stars even visible from down town chicago?  Its a shame that many city folk dont experience anything outside their little truman show or know no better.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

The chicago skyline is shit compared to what mother nature provides outside big cities.  Are stars even visible from down town chicago?  Its a shame that many city folk dont experience anything outside their little truman show or know no better.

Chicago has this thing called the planetarium where you can see way more than anything you can see. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Anler said:

Chicago has this thing called the planetarium where you can see way more than anything you can see. 

Like I said a bunch of truman show people that have no idea what they are missing.  You can see Mountains, stars, openness old growth Fir, large forest and drink from the rivers and such in chicago?  Maybe on video but if you go into a building or bubble to listen to a cricket and think you are doing anything remotely special then continue living in your man made bubble you really never experienced much.