Check your account email address ×

WISCONSIN IS THE DRUNKEST STATE IN AMERICA, AGAIN

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe eat a salad and some fruit now and then?

State Obesity Rate 
Mississippi 40.8%
West Virginia 39.7%
Arkansas 37.4%
Oklahoma 36.8%
Kentucky 36.5%
Tennessee 36.5%
Alabama 36.1%
Michigan 36.0%
Louisiana 35.9%
South Carolina 35.4%
Indiana 35.3%
Kansas 35.2%
Missouri 34.8%
North Dakota 34.8%
Ohio 34.8%
Delaware 34.4%
Wisconsin 34.2%
Nebraska 34.1%
North Carolina 34.0%
Texas 34.0%
Iowa 33.9%
Pennsylvania 33.2%
Georgia 33.1%
South Dakota 33.0%
Maryland 32.3%
Virginia 31.9%
New Hampshire 31.8%
Maine 31.7%
New Mexico 31.7%
Illinois 31.6%
Arizona 31.4%
Nevada 30.6%
Alaska 30.5%
Minnesota 30.1%
Rhode Island 30.0%
Wyoming 29.7%
Idaho 29.5%
Utah 29.2%
Connecticut 29.1%
Oregon 29.0%
Montana 28.3%
Washington 28.3%
New Jersey 27.3%
New York 27.1%
Florida 27.0%
Vermont 26.6%
California 26.3%
Massachusetts 25.2%
Hawaii 25.0%
Colorado 23.8%
District of Columbia 23.8%
United States 31.2%

good job Minnesota!  :thumbsup:

don't start celebrating yet though... 

https://renewbariatrics.com/obesity-rank-by-countries/

Top 10 Most Obese Countries (October 2022)

1. United States – 77,020,887
  2. China – 66,469,734
  3. India – 46,914,668
  4. Brazil – 29,093,160
  5. Mexico – 24,205,842
  6. Russia – 23,562,164
  7. Egypt – 21,670,640
  8. Turkey – 17,008,680
  9. Nigeria – 16,241,109
  10. Iran – 15,614,264

I've spent time in India , Egypt and Turkey. Hard to believe those numbers are correct because alot of the people I saw looked Mal nourished more than anything. Especially in India.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I've spent time in India , Egypt and Turkey. Hard to believe those numbers are correct because alot of the people I saw looked Mal nourished more than anything. Especially in India.

call and complain then... 

(844) 736-3963

• Haha 1

In Wisconsin even 1 drink can be considered "impaired" regardless of BAC.

A driver is under the influence when his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. A person's ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired if he or she is less able to safely control the vehicle because of the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances. This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

Interesting that the data for all of these studies comes from the University of WI Population Health Institute.  Do counties in all states collect this data in the same way?

Anecdotally people in WI drink and don't give a shit who knows about it. I've worked all over the place.  People are drinking everywhere and in every state I have ever been in and I just don't see a lot of stark contrasts. 

Whether the data is accurate or not it seems Wisconsinites can drink and drive without getting themselves killed as often. Fatal car accidents seem far more prevalent in states with fewer drinkers (at least according to their stats anyway).  And don't tell me that it's because WI is mostly rural when states like Montana and N and S Dakota have far higher rates.

There must be something to having a couple of drinks before going out for some practice with the driver instructor in high school.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Alcoholism is the #1 occupation up north. It's kinda sad to see all of the brains that have been fried with alcohol up there. It's a sickness. 

Pretty sure that meth and weed have out paced drinking. It’s just not as socially acceptable. 

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

A driver is under the influence when his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. A person's ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired if he or she is less able to safely control the vehicle because of the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances. This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

So it’s really not about the science then , just revenue like I always said 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So it’s really not about the science then , just revenue like I always said 

Driving under the influence is a much lesser charge than driving while impaired. Only a blood sample or a breathalyzer test can prove blood alcohol level.

I got charged with driving under the influence 30 or so years ago. It was a $50. fine.

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

There's two citations. OWI and PAC. Both citations are applied if a person is over the legal limit.

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

You see a lot of that up in the Northwoods, drinking seems to be a way of life up there. 

Mostly here in Sawyer County, it's Tourists drinking/driving, I hear it on my Scanner every weekend.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've been to Madison... and Milwaukee many times in my life

give me a break

And you vote that way. :news: Any college town is a party town, ever been to Point or La Crosse how about UW Green Bay?  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

And you vote that way. :news: Any college town is a party town, ever been to Point or La Crosse how about UW Green Bay?  :thumbsup:

of course I have, and why do you feel the need to go there ?

1790854419_200(1).gif.f1c1b28f745159dc5ab2c144ee26a071.gif    

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

of course I have, and why do you feel the need to go there ?

You're the one that's saying Milwaukee and Madison is nothing but drunks for the most part, just embrace your people don't fight it. :thumbsup: