Check your account email address ×

2 Fatalities In Vilas County

If you have many questions please feel free to PM me instead of taking over a what is a very sad thread and turning it into a pile of shit like a few seem to do around here. 

Now you guys should apologize to guys like Snake and a few others on this site, I feel there was no need for this. I will have to open messages for you two my door is always open.:thumbsup: 

The drinking and riding thing - I ride with guys that have a couple beers at lunch, and a couple more with dinner, but they are NOT getting hammered.   I can't sit here and say I haven't tipped a couple back while riding, but not to the extreme we all see too many time.  Usually that is 5-10 miles from the hotel, and I turn into a turtle on the trails when I do.

When you see your riding buddy blow a corner behind you, smash into a tree, turn your sled around so you have some light on him and run over to see how he's doing, laying there upside down in a ditch with the face shield busted out, not breathing - then you will understand.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mag6240 said:

The drinking and riding thing - I ride with guys that have a couple beers at lunch, and a couple more with dinner, but they are NOT getting hammered.   I can't sit here and say I haven't tipped a couple back while riding, but not to the extreme we all see too many time.

When you see your riding buddy blow a corner behind you, smash into a tree, turn your sled around so you have some light on him and run over to see how he's doing, laying there upside down in a ditch with the face shield busted out, not breathing - then you will understand.

I get roasted for saying I won't ride with anyone that has a drink during the day.

Fuck you. If you can't go without a drink on the trail, go the other fucking direction.

"It's just a beer at lunch." If it's 'just a beer', go without.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

8D495CF8-82CB-42C7-98EE-E8981982FBFC.thumb.jpeg.62a043fe97c340ed1dae06e48ae8bb02.jpeg

Your safety thread got turned into a pissing contest over bullshit... but go ahead and make your typical "I am a douche and can prove it" reply and look stupid.

And yes, the other site is head and shoulders better since certain cretins made their departure...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

The drinking and riding thing - I ride with guys that have a couple beers at lunch, and a couple more with dinner, but they are NOT getting hammered.   I can't sit here and say I haven't tipped a couple back while riding, but not to the extreme we all see too many time.  Usually that is 5-10 miles from the hotel, and I turn into a turtle on the trails when I do.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I get roasted for saying I won't ride with anyone that has a drink during the day.

Fuck you. If you can't go without a drink on the trail, go the other fucking direction.

"It's just a beer at lunch." If it's 'just a beer', go without.

Always reminds me of the thread "Sad But True, Just Like You & I" -  I think it's posted on here and I know it's posted on HCS in several forums.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Snake said:

Your safety thread got turned into a pissing contest over bullshit... but go ahead and make your typical "I am a douche and can prove it" reply and look stupid.

And yes, the other site is head and shoulders better since certain cretins made their departure...

It happens and it happens at TBP so save your bullshit and you’ve said the same shit about this place numerous times yet here you are yet again…nobody gives a fuck  whether you stay or go.

Our core group doesn't drink through the day of riding other than soda.  At the last stop which is normally within 10 miles of where we stay we'll have a couple.  Back at where we're staying we'll have a couple more.  

Another group that we may meet up with it's nothing for them to spend 2-3 hours sitting at a bar and then go to the next bar.  I'm not going to waste good riding and trails by sitting in a bar. Can do that anytime of the year.  Last year they were gone for over 10 hrs and put on a total of 12 miles.  Foolish in my book.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It happens and it happens at TBP so save your bullshit and you’ve said the same shit about this place numerous times yet here you are yet again…nobody gives a fuck  whether you stay or go.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

8D495CF8-82CB-42C7-98EE-E8981982FBFC.thumb.jpeg.62a043fe97c340ed1dae06e48ae8bb02.jpeg

Boy don't you look stupid now....

I never drink when I ride anymore...maybe one at lunch or for dinner.
Also, I don't like to ride late at night now. Not because I don't enjoy it, not because I can't handle just about any conditions, but you get some juiced up younglings flying around corners and thats when accidents happen.

Tupper Lake area has some awesome, but very tight twisty trails in some areas. Super fun, but not a place you want to be at 11PM at night.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, Roosting said:

There new sleds are so good now that 50-60 mph really dosent feel that fast untill you need to stop right now. 

Many new/unexperienced riders get caught out like this all the time. See it often. 

Quite honestly, most people don't need 850's or 998 Turbo's. A 600 is all most people need.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I stop by occasionally to let everyone here know why I don’t post here. 

:lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Boy don't you look stupid now....

Yes,yes you do :lol::owned:

16 minutes ago, Doug said:

Our core group doesn't drink through the day of riding other than soda.  At the last stop which is normally within 10 miles of where we stay we'll have a couple.  Back at where we're staying we'll have a couple more.  

Another group that we may meet up with it's nothing for them to spend 2-3 hours sitting at a bar and then go to the next bar.  I'm not going to waste good riding and trails by sitting in a bar. Can do that anytime of the year.  Last year they were gone for over 10 hrs and put on a total of 12 miles.  Foolish in my book.

The story of a group of three from a "club" ride a couple years back came up just last night.  They were all sharing locations so we would know where everyone was... The coordinator of dinner plans brought up the fact that these three clowns spent 14 hours "on sleds" and put on a total of 44 miles.  Yeah, I'm not riding with those guys either... I'm there to RIDE, I'll drink when the riding is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

If you have many questions please feel free to PM 

Now you guys should apologize to guys like Snake and a few others on this site, I feel there was no need for this. I will have to open messages for you two my door is always open. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

C456B8C7-29D6-4C15-9D57-1D0441456BC1.gif.5b73a6c5ddbee4d50fb29d8ec59759c0.gif

OK OP that's enough, the wannabee Mod has spoken. Now apologize to Snake, his back up has spoken.

Screenshot_20230207_111225_Samsung Internet.jpg

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wow... everyone just take a deep breath and back away from the keyboards. 

I bet you were comped 2 tickets to Patrick Mahomes Super Bowl party to post this :news:

:lol::bc:

25 minutes ago, HSR said:

I bet you were comped 2 tickets to Patrick Mahomes Super Bowl party to post this :news:

:lol::bc:

no, but let's act like civilized adults around here on occasion 

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

The story of a group of three from a "club" ride a couple years back came up just last night.  They were all sharing locations so we would know where everyone was... The coordinator of dinner plans brought up the fact that these three clowns spent 14 hours "on sleds" and put on a total of 44 miles.  Yeah, I'm not riding with those guys either... I'm there to RIDE, I'll drink when the riding is over.

Our club ride is starting to drift into more of a social club and last weekend was the club ride which I didn't go on.  They had was told 16 sleds and put on less than 100 miles total for 2 days of riding.  Some people that went said never again.  The last club ride I went on and got stuck leading had close to 30 sleds.  We put on a little over 200 miles for 2 days of riding and some people were complaining we didn't stop enough.  I'll pass on our club rides 

• Sad 1