Check your account email address ×

Catalyst first review

Rod

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Apex speedos we’re 14 mph off at top speed.  Not whatever the hell Ben blurted out.

Sorry we're gonna need a percentage offset to qualify in the Nerd Off :thumb: You can throw any number you want ,someone WILL correct you :news:

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I remember when my buddy actually thought his apex did 135 mph lol

Oh yeah, simple fella in town was in the bar one night ranting that his 550EXT touring did 130 mph, no way could we convince him that he was reading Km/hr. He was quite angry we wouldn't believe him.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did you read his post?

9_9

Yes I did and your point being? 

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Apex speedos we’re 14 mph off at top speed.  Not whatever the hell Ben blurted out.

127 on this Apex and I would say your assessment is correct maybe a bit more +/-. It was a love hate with that 2009 Ape. 

1936250_101006293245294_530952_n.jpg

gettyimages-200241884-004-1024x1024.jpg

19 minutes ago, Badger** said:

127 on this Apex and I would say your assessment is correct maybe a bit more +/-. It was a love hate with that 2009 Ape. 

My 06 Apex did 120 on the gun one day, it was 134 on the speedo.  You can't say they didn't have some legs :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My 06 Apex did 120 on the gun one day, it was 134 on the speedo.  You can't say they didn't have some legs :lol: 

Found  those things to have legs but slow getting moving 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Like a train, we had three of them on the lake 06 09 and 11 all pulled the same 127 on the speedo but we never did them on the gun but I can see your assessment of -14. Still they were one of the best sounding sleds out on the trail. 

Just now, Badger** said:

Like a train, we had three of them on the lake 06 09 and 11 all pulled the same 127 on the speedo but we never did them on the gun but I can see your assessment of -14. Still they were one of the best sounding sleds out on the trail. 

An apex with exhaust almost rivals a triple. Almost. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Ace's post and my subsequent post with a link to nssr records clearly didn't touch all of the receptors in your brain at the same time.  

Anyway, moving on ...

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A guy up on Otis bought an early RX1 and over the span of a few winters began to modify it into a top end ice missile. I think it went through the traps at something like 140.  The last i heard it spit a track at top end and that was it's end.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ACE said:

An apex with exhaust almost rivals a triple. Almost. 

Those motorbike engine sleds still sound spectacular to this day.  Had one come in on us yesterday at our dinner hole in the wall and before going inside heard it hit the big field a country mile away.  

@Badger** might know the place in Aniwa... which is pronounced Enima with an 'A'

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Ace's post and my subsequent post with a link to nssr records clearly didn't touch all of the receptors in your brain at the same time.  

Anyway, moving on ...

He did not say it was the worlds fastest, so your brain twisted a narrative that did not exist. :thumbsup:

Edited by Badger**

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Those motorbike engine sleds still sound spectacular to this day.  Had one come in on us yesterday at our dinner hole in the wall and before going inside heard it hit the big field a country mile away.  

@Badger** might know the place in Aniwa... which is pronounced Enima with an 'A'

A guy showed up to the snowdeo on south pond with a first year RX1.  The drag races were a free for all usually 7 or 8 sleds across.  It would get beat out of the whole almost everytime but by half lake it had made up the lost ground and just started to pull away from everything.  Of course it was a useless sled as it rolled over like a trained poodle every time you came to a corner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They do sound great. the 998 turbo doesn’t sound as good. The 1100 Suzuki and doo 900’s sound like a dump truck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

A guy showed up to the snowdeo on south pond with a first year RX1.  The drag races were a free for all usually 7 or 8 sleds across.  It would get beat out of the whole almost everytime but by half lake it had made up the lost ground and just started to pull away from everything.  Of course it was a useless sled as it rolled over like a trained poodle every time you came to a corner.

there's a few local grass/ice draggers that are still whuppin' ass on them

that doesn't make them appealing to me to ride, but I appreciate their noises

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

They do sound great. the 998 turbo doesn’t sound as good. The 1100 Suzuki and doo 900’s sound like a dump truck 

as I haven't spent time on them I can't comment other than seeing them take off and rape 1000' like a SaturnV rocket.

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyway, moving on ...

You mean both ,not all. Not much room for any more in there.:news:

21 hours ago, ACE said:

as far as I know the CFR still owns the ISR stock 800-1000 class 

ace posted...

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I posted...

so @Badger** are you acknowledging ISR records as @ACE brought up or NSSR records which was the link I posted?   

not an ice dragger so idk which of the two completely unimportant to me results matter more... but a thirteen year old SP 500 is still faster through the woods than your bargain level tippy 850 BRP hyper sled.  :roflcrying:

keep forgetting this is CE where off the rails snowmobile conversations break out and go a different direction.  I'd wager the 600 Catalyst will also smoke you on your 850 Ski Douche in the twisty shit... but it's probably not Pro-S level, those are for extra special folks.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ace posted...

I posted...

so @Badger** are you acknowledging ISR records as @ACE brought up or NSSR records which was the link I posted?   

not an ice dragger so idk which of the two completely unimportant to me results matter more... but a thirteen year old SP 500 is still faster through the woods than your bargain level tippy 850 BRP hyper sled.  :roflcrying:

keep forgetting this is CE where off the rails snowmobile conversations break out and go a different direction.  I'd wager the 600 Catalyst will also smoke you on your 850 Ski Douche in the twisty shit... but it's probably not Pro-S level, those are for extra special folks.  ;)

I’ve spent a lot of time on different sleds and I’ll agreed that a snappy 120-130 hp is all you need in the bush to gape other people 

but it’s just not exciting 

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ace posted...

I posted...

Stop you and I both know you don't like speed so drop the fast guy attitude. Come on C2C what are you trying to prove. Knock it off.  

Edited by Badger**