Check your account email address ×

Grandson of founder of Toyota booted from company as Toyota gears up to transition away from ice vehicles.

BOHICA

22 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ooppps 

Toyoda, grandson of the founder of Toyota, shit canned from ceo of Toyota.  New CEO going to fast track EV development in an effort to catch up to Tesla and others.

https://insideevs.com/news/633449/toyota-said-to-develop-ev-only-platform-just-as-ceo-steps-down/

Your headline is a bit misleading isn’t it 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, toslow said:

Your headline is a bit misleading isn’t it 

Little bit as he does get to stay on the board and likely still live the good life….  Kind of like Hunter Biden or the Trump kids.  Just there but unimportant and just collecting millions.

rarely do CEO resigns even though that is what is reported.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Plug in hybrid is much more logical for the typical comuter. How many hybrid batteries in one bev.? 

Toyota is smart in this play. 

Plug in hybrids actually kind of suck to be honest.  Have one.  You still have all the Ice maintenance, have the extra weight of an EV and typically the chassis aren’t optimized for either powertrain. As they are jamming 2 different powertrains into 1 chassis.  Plug in hybrid removes both the advantages of an ICE and EV batteries for slight improvement in mpg.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Plug in hybrids actually kind of suck to be honest.  Have one.  You still have all the Ice maintenance, have the extra weight of an EV and typically the chassis aren’t optimized for either powertrain. As they are jamming 2 different powertrains into 1 chassis.  Plug in hybrid removes both the advantages of an ICE and EV batteries for slight improvement in mpg.

What is the maintenance?  I only ever hear the perrills of ice maintenance when some one is trying to prop up evs. 

A hybrid that you can drive batt only for 70mi is the best of both worlds. 

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

What is the maintenance?  I only ever hear the perrills of ice maintenance when some one is trying to prop up evs. 

A hybrid that you can drive batt only for 70mi is the best of both worlds. 

You still have every ounce of maintenance of an Ice power plant.  Oil, filters, and whatever maintenance a gas car has.  Jeep for example they added around 700 lbs to a wrangler to get 20 miles of range electric  at a very inefficient mile per kWh and you still have to do all the ice maintenance

70 miles of range is a pretty big battery adding weight.  1500lb system at the minimum added to the weight of an ice vehicle.  When in EV mode the efficiency is way down as the electric are lugging around dead weight of an ice powertrain and the electric system isn’t optimized for electric driving.  Plug in hybrid efficiencies in electric mode are worse than a hummer EV.   There is no cost savings in a plug in hybrid using electricity over a non phev version of the same vehicle.

Once the battery is depleted your ice power plant has to lug around the dead weight reducing mpg of the gas engine.

these are just my experience over 50k miles with a phev in the house.  My electricity consumption would go down in my house hold for the wife’s daily driving if I had a hummerEV over the phev 

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member

Bohica is on the leading edge of alternative power generation and EV’s.  I’ve learned a few things reading his posts.  It’s comical reading some of you morons who’d still be feeding a horse and oiling your leather reins on the buggy try and refute what he says.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Bohica is on the leading edge of alternative power generation and EV’s.  I’ve learned a few things reading his posts.  It’s comical reading some of you morons who’d still be feeding a horse and oiling your leather reins on the buggy try and refute what he says.  

:lol:

Screenshot_20230126_201335.jpg

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Half of what he posts is bullshit, why even bother with it 

35 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You learn how to test a burnt fuse?

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Pretty interesting take on Japan’s hydrogen society annd why it is ultimately turn out to be a spectacular failure.  Might have something to do with Toyota’s “resigning” thing as he was a huge proponent of this.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a42665011/japan-hydrogen-energy-failure/

Why do lithium ion battery cars have to be the be all end all?

theyre good for some situations but shitty for others 

if they were better than oil powered cars then oil powered cars would wouldn’t have to be banned. People would naturally switch over. But since liberals are anti science and pro fascism, here we are 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ACE said:

Why do lithium ion battery cars have to be the be all end all?

theyre good for some situations but shitty for others 

if they were better than oil powered cars then oil powered cars would wouldn’t have to be banned. People would naturally switch over. But since liberals are anti science and pro fascism, here we are 

They don’t, but they are the best we presently have for EV.

Same goes for ICE vehicles, and ICE fanboys have a hard time admitting that as well.  I think both sides see admitting the opposite power systems positives points as an overall loss for their own side.  Both sides should embrace the benefits of the other.

They are better in some situations and the explosion relatively recently is showing that.

Neal

13 hours ago, SnowRider said:

For 200 grand, you too can be on the leading edge of alternative power generation and EV's.