Check your account email address ×

House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-vote-bill-abolishing-irs-eliminating-income-tax

FIRST ON FOX: Republicans in the House of Representatives will vote on a bill that would abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), eliminate the national income tax, and replace it with a national consumption tax.

Fox News Digital has learned that the House will be voting on Georgia Republican Rep. Buddy Carter's reintroduced Fair Tax Act that aims to reel in the IRS and remove the national income tax, as well as other taxes, and replace them with a single consumption tax.

The vote on the bill was made as part of the deal between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and members of the House Freedom Caucus and was pushed forward in his quest for the gavel.

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Waste of time. They dont have the votes. As much as some think they want it, they would pay more under a different system.

But it may force a vote to let American's understand where their elected officials stand on taxes and the IRS. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

But it may force a vote to let American's understand where their elected officials stand on taxes and the IRS. 

Nah, let's just stay with the status quo and bitch why the country is fucked.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

true

Hopefully there are more of these to shine light on the RINO's.   We know where the dems will stand.....on the side of big govt. 

33 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not hiring 87K new IRS agents won't raise the tax brackets.

Imagine a company not collecting their revenues? That would increase their costs right? 
not collecting taxes increases your costs thus increasing your taxes.

I can’t be more clear on this.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Imagine a company not collecting their revenues? That would increase their costs right? 
not collecting taxes increases your costs thus increasing your taxes.

I can’t be more clear on this.

Who isnt collecting taxes ? 

We paid over $70k in just income taxes this year. 

Hiring more agents would of done fuck all . 

Lets start with Federal and State employees . :news:

I know of a few committing fraud personally , doubt those fuckers ever get caught. 

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Who isnt collecting taxes ? 

We paid over $70k in just income taxes this year. 

Hiring more agents would of done fuck all . 

Lets start with Federal and State employees . :news:

I know of a few committing fraud personally , doubt those fuckers ever get caught. 

Please read. Rettig was appointed by Trump and says a Trillion dollars a year goes uncollected due to staff shortages.

IRS chief says $1 trillion in taxes goes uncollected every year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-treasury-irs/irs-chief-says-1-trillion-in-taxes-goes-uncollected-every-year-idUSKBN2C0255

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Please read. Rettig was appointed by Trump and says a Trillion dollars a year goes uncollected due to staff shortages.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-treasury-irs/irs-chief-says-1-trillion-in-taxes-goes-uncollected-every-year-idUSKBN2C0255

And you really think thats not from incompetence instead of shortage of workers ? 

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Are they separate bills?  If it's a combination bill of defunding the IRS expansion AND changing to a consumption tax, it'll never go anywhere.

not saying its a miracle , im cautious about it myself but like i said its a start.  

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Good , that’s a trillion dollars that stays in the pocket of someone other than the worthless U.S. government 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Gold Member

I'd love to see the IRS gone for good but before that happens we need to get our deficit under control followed by our debt and then our spending. Then dismantle the fucking IRS.

Pipe dream tho, I might as well wish for a lifetime of glorious sexual escapades with Alexandria D'addario!

739102-alexandra-daddario-nude.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1