Catalyst Updates

p51mstg

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

It may but the TCL side, both the primary and secondary should be parallel. 

No, you are wrong.  

A TCL will keep the center to center the same at the bearing, that's it.

If the angle of the shaft changes, parallel changes.  That's the last time I will tell you.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

explain to me how to blow out the primary without removing the cover or the secondary without removing it completely and disassembling it? 

🤔

An air compressor. Not hard to do. I just blow out the rollers.  Never had a belt blow so I am not going to change. Trade before the clutch's go bad as well. You pull the bolt on the secondary and the cover comes off on the new sleds. I have  never opened up the secondary past that point.

Just now, mnstang said:

No, you are wrong.  

A TCL will keep the center to center the same at the bearing, that's it.

If the angle of the shaft changes, parallel changes.  That's the last time I will tell you.

what ever. I am not going to worry about it.

45 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

An air compressor. Not hard to do. I just blow out the rollers.  Never had a belt blow so I am not going to change. Trade before the clutch's go bad as well. You pull the bolt on the secondary and the cover comes off on the new sleds. I have  never opened up the secondary past that point.

so you don't remove the secondary, remove the helix and clean it out?  9_9

how do you clean the sheaves?

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you don't remove the secondary, remove the helix and clean it out?  9_9

how do you clean the sheaves?

Just the sheaves. Again, the outer sheaves comes off with the removal of the secondary bolt. Rub them down with acetone if needed.

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just the sheaves. Again, the outer sheaves comes off with the removal of the secondary bolt. Rub them down with acetone if needed.

this fella must be doing it wrong and wasting time and energy.  maybe you should make a video?

Digit9 isn't wrong, I like his videos.  The newer Team BOSS secondary splits in half when you unbolt it.  It comes off the jackshaft in two pieces.

Mountain Sledder Garage has done a couple of videos on the Adapt clutch, the differences with past Cat clutches and how to upgrade a Team primary to the Adapt.  In that last video, he shows how to shim the secondary to get the alignment right, and you can see how it comes apart.

Before I do anything to my 21, however, I always put on the foil.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this fella must be doing it wrong and wasting time and energy.  maybe you should make a video?

Nah! I would just pay my dealer if I needed to go any further. Not going to buy the tools since I am only a mile from him.

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Nah! I would just pay my dealer if I needed to go any further. Not going to buy the tools since I am only a mile from him.

so you aren't actually 'cleaning' them, just blowing belt dust all over the place?

the tools aren't expensive, and it's a relaxing task while having an adult beverage.  it also helps your sleds efficiency and power delivery if you go over 1/2 throttle.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you aren't actually 'cleaning' them, just blowing belt dust all over the place?

the tools aren't expensive, and it's a relaxing task while having an adult beverage.  it also helps your sleds efficiency and power delivery if you go over 1/2 throttle.

As long as it hits 8150 on top, I am not going to worry about it. So far all my sleds have no issue with.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good point, save the problems for the next guy.

Next guy won't have any issues. Will get my 22 with a year of warranty. Pretty much already sold. Will almost pay for my Catalyst.

Who gives a fuck if one guy on the internet fully cleans his clutches every season.  You guys are so obsessed with him it's like the TDS people.

Do you guys interview and judge every rider on the trail with their maintenance habits?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Who gives a fuck if one guy on the internet fully cleans his clutches every season.  You guys are so obsessed with him it's like the TDS people.

Do you guys interview and judge every rider on the trail with their maintenance habits?

Yes.

What kind of weirdo doesn't?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

seems like there was some good information provided to optimize arctic cat snowmobile performance... 9_9

Honestly that video guy was trying but alot of it was vanity.  You do need to use compressed air on the spider rollers and button slide areas, that's probably the number one thing to do to maintain and save a clutch and the AC performance manual has said this also.  Something you ridiculed him for.  Not to get into a clutch cleaning debate because I don't care how you maintain your junk I just assume it's not as good as me and I don't make fun of you about it.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Honestly that video guy was trying but alot of it was vanity.  You do need to use compressed air on the spider rollers and button slide areas, that's probably the number one thing to do to maintain and save a clutch and the AC performance manual has said this also.  Something you ridiculed him for.  Not to get into a clutch cleaning debate because I don't care how you maintain your junk I just assume it's not as good as me and I don't make fun of you about it.

of course I blow things out, clean and blow everything out again... don't get your undies in a twist