Check your account email address ×

C8 zo6 vs Demon

Rod

5 minutes ago, toslow said:

LOVE the mid-engine vettes, It's the thing dreams are made of

Very impressive car no doubt.  Heard one tromp on it a few months ago down a long straight country road.  Sounded pretty bad ass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ACE said:

No. The aero will be slowing it down at high speed too 

The C8 Z06 in any package, was never designed to be a drag racing car, is what I meant. Yes the Z07 (aero) package on the car in that video will limit its top speed. It’s just funny that the car was meant to be a track car and I’ve seen no where near as many reviews of it in that discipline as I have seen of it in a drag race yet it still kicks ass. It’s geared shorter than a base model C8 to try and make up a bit for its low amount of low end torque but still, from a dig or a roll, it gets the job done. Better than some people on the inside, even thought it would. Imagine if it made a bunch more torque and still could run clean to 8,000+ rpm making good power. 

1C35EE20-D59B-441F-B6BC-EDDF9FBCDA2B.jpeg

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The C8 Z06 in any package, was never designed to be a drag racing car, is what I meant. Yes the Z07 (aero) package on the car in that video will limit its top speed. It’s just funny that the car was meant to be a track car and I’ve seen no where near as many reviews of it in that discipline as I have seen of it in a drag race yet it still kicks ass. It’s geared shorter than a base model C8 to try and make up a bit for its low amount of low end torque but still, from a dig or a roll, it gets the job done. Better than some people on the inside, even thought it would. Imagine if it made a bunch more torque and still could run clean to 8,000+ rpm making good power. 

1C35EE20-D59B-441F-B6BC-EDDF9FBCDA2B.jpeg

None of the vettes were meant to be drag cars but they always did well. But the c8 is just a whole mother level. What a machine 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The C8 Z06 will never have awd or front wheel assist. It was put together to be a 100%, naturally aspirated, rwd track car.  

The z06 never should have been boosted imo 

52 minutes ago, ACE said:

The z06 never should have been boosted imo 

The Z06 option started as a track car option way back in the 2nd gen days. The 5th and 6th gens brought that back and the 7th gen wrecked it because there wasn’t enough space under the hood to fit a tall enough intake for real n/a horsepower. The LT2 is basically a LT1 with a taller intake, headers and a dry sump oiling system. The intake and exhaust alone were where the 35ish extra horsepower comes from. 

The C8Z was 110%, from ground up, meant to get back to being a n/an only track car to realign itself with its heritage. It does that in spades. It makes driving a base car feel slow and antiquated, honestly. That’s saying a lot seeing as how a C8 base car is LIGHTYEARS ahead of C7, in all areas. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The Z06 option started as a track car option way back in the 2nd gen days. The 5th and 6th gens brought that back and the 7th gen wrecked it because there wasn’t enough space under the hood to fit a tall enough intake for real n/a horsepower. The C8Z was 110%, from ground up, meant to get back to being a n/an only track car to realign itself with its heritage. It does that in spades. It makes driving a base car feel slow and antiquated, honestly. That’s saying a lot seeing as how a C8 base car is LIGHTYEARS ahead of C7, in all areas. 

Yeah the c5z and c6z were deadly in their day. The c7z seemed like a work around 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah the c5z and c6z were deadly in their day. The c7z seemed like a work around 

The C7Z was a stop gap. They are snappy, oversteering pigs that are hard to drive fast. The C7GS was the sweet spot for that chassis. Not a 7th gen fan at all, myself. 

• Gold Member

Corvette while pretty nice but it’s no American supercar like the ford gt when it comes to speed.  C8 styling has a lot to be desired….  Corvette looks like a Pepboys accessory catalog special when next to a GT.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1