Check your account email address ×

Krom didn't post this? AC loses $47M in lawsuit.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:30 PM, krom said:

Shit that was a week ago or more, besides it isn't a bunch of machines exploding, or bursting into flames, so its not as interesting as the poo news..

I think Textron backed out of the deal with RG, and didn't build any turbo's, or 4 seaters to get out of paying him royalties.  AFIK they fired pretty much everyone involved in the projects when they cleaned house,but I'm not sure what really happened, and am too lazy to read all the court docs

How much money has Polaris lost over those two recalls? Go ahead and post it. I’m sure you’ve already figured it out. 

12 hours ago, HSR said:

What's the total count now? 31 out of 230,000+ :lol: 

Yeah, ya know, huge deal. Gotta be more that $47m. 

• Haha 1

I seriously wonder, out of 230K sleds ... how many will actually get fixed?  Half?  A lot of people either aren't aware of the recall or people just don't give a shit.  I'd be in the latter if I couldn't get my sled in for the recall anytime soon.  Even if Polaris ultimately fixes two thirds of the sleds, that's roughly 150K machines.  So, just using $200 as a round number for labor and parts, about $30M?

The bigger question is .. will this roll over into the SxS segment too?  If the same fuel pump assembly is used in SxS's ... ouch.

16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I seriously wonder, out of 230K sleds ... how many will actually get fixed?  Half?  A lot of people either aren't aware of the recall or people just don't give a shit.  I'd be in the latter if I couldn't get my sled in for the recall anytime soon.  Even if Polaris ultimately fixes two thirds of the sleds, that's roughly 150K machines.  So, just using $200 as a round number for labor and parts, about $30M?

The bigger question is .. will this roll over into the SxS segment too?  If the same fuel pump assembly is used in SxS's ... ouch.

Could be 50-75 million 

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

It'll cost Polaris more just from the impact of driving people to other brands ... namely, SkiDoo.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's priced out SkiDoo sleds lately.

Are you talking about the lack of snow check on time deliveries, or the recalls? I doubt the recalls will do much in the way of pushing people to something else. Most people that can’t get the recalls done are just riding them. 

Now, goofy people like yourself, who have put themselves through how many years of spring order delivery BS? Yeah, THAT I can see. That’s a you problem bud. No way am I selling anything to buy new unless the new item is already sitting there. I see too much of it on a daily basis. I’ll weather this storm with old junk, thanks. :lmao:

55 minutes ago, HSR said:

Well parts wise it's 230,000 X $5 so really just labour costs.

I’ll bet the parts don’t cost them 1/4 of that. 

41 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Are you talking about the lack of snow check on time deliveries, or the recalls? I doubt the recalls will do much in the way of pushing people to something else. Most people that can’t get the recalls done are just riding them. 

Now, goofy people like yourself, who have put themselves through how many years of spring order delivery BS? Yeah, THAT I can see. That’s a you problem bud. No way am I selling anything to buy new unless the new item is already sitting there. I see too much of it on a daily basis. I’ll weather this storm with old junk, thanks. :lmao:

I’ll bet the parts don’t cost them 1/4 of that. 

Goofy is putting it kindly, bud ... you can say what you mean to say ... Morons like myself!! :lol2:  I could've ridden a couple times last week, but I just couldn't bring myself to riding my XCR when it was all shined up and ready to go to my buddy who bought it.  Now that it's officially in his hands, yes, I officially fall in that moron category for not having a sled to ride!!

Bigger picture, I do think the combined debacles with snowcheck delays and overall quality control will cost Polaris more than just the $$$ that's going into these recalls.  Just in the small groups that I ride with, at least 2 guys are pricing out SkiDoo models.  I keep trying to tell them, "The grass isn't greener, it's just another shade of brown!" but that won't stop them as they have more money than patience.  If I didn't have a kid that's going to take most of my January riding time up due to club volleyball, I'd be a lot more anxious (pissed), but as it stands I wouldn't hardly be able to ride in the next several weeks anyway.  That is, unless mother nature rights the ship and gets us back into decent conditions locally.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Goofy is putting it kindly, bud ... you can say what you mean to say ... Morons like myself!! :lol2:  I could've ridden a couple times last week, but I just couldn't bring myself to riding my XCR when it was all shined up and ready to go to my buddy who bought it.  Now that it's officially in his hands, yes, I officially fall in that moron category for not having a sled to ride!!

Bigger picture, I do think the combined debacles with snowcheck delays and overall quality control will cost Polaris more than just the $$$ that's going into these recalls.  Just in the small groups that I ride with, at least 2 guys are pricing out SkiDoo models.  I keep trying to tell them, "The grass isn't greener, it's just another shade of brown!" but that won't stop them as they have more money than patience.  If I didn't have a kid that's going to take most of my January riding time up due to club volleyball, I'd be a lot more anxious (pissed), but as it stands I wouldn't hardly be able to ride in the next several weeks anyway.  That is, unless mother nature rights the ship and gets us back into decent conditions locally.

Hey, you said it. :lol:

I hear ya though. There’s only a few people in any of my riding groups that are buying new. They’re still buying Polaris but they do bitch and they are die hard Polaris guys anyway. I haven’t bought new since 2009. Can’t justify it. Between weather, the cost and work, it just isn’t worth it for me to spend the dough on something that’s going to get ridden 4-5 times a year, if that. Pretty sad really. 

On 12/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, HSR said:

No because it never happened yet :lol: it's just a dream.

Everything about this new release screams we need more time. I guess 12 years waiting on a new chassis wasn’t enough?

:lol: 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

Everything about this new release screams we need more time. I guess 12 years waiting on a new chassis wasn’t enough?

:lol: 

How long did it take them to release an EPA complaint 800 2S? And how’d that go for them? 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s still a better 800 than doo or poo

The ones I’ve ridden sure were not. I was more so comparing them to 800 Suks though so.. :dunno:

They certainly aren’t as reliable as the Suks were either. 

• Like 1