Check your account email address ×

5.1 years

11 hours ago, Anler said:

My hemi with the 8 speed was the best option at the time. 2 years later and 70,000+ miles I am happy with my decision. 

And in 3 more years you'll probably be able to see your neighbor across the street through the rocker panels. :lol: American vehicles generally are shit when it comes to corrosion protection.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

And in 3 more years you'll probably be able to see your neighbor across the street through the rocker panels. :lol: American vehicles generally are shit when it comes to corrosion protection.  

We shall see. No signs of rust yet...

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

30 years ago I would agree, but now you see a lot of 10 year old domestics that are solid. My Ram is six years old and even where my kid ripped and tore open the tailgate backing out my Turbo 4 years ago the tailgate is still solid.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

30 years ago I would agree, but now you see a lot of 10 year old domestics that are solid. My Ram is six years old and even where my kid ripped and tore open the tailgate backing out my Turbo 4 years ago the tailgate is still solid.

Environment has alot to do with things certainly.  And I don't know how much garaging a vehicle helps, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.  Getting regular undercarriage washes when at the car wash probably helps as well.  I'd be rightly pissed if a 5 year old pickup started rotting though.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Environment has alot to do with things certainly.  And I don't know how much garaging a vehicle helps, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.  Getting regular undercarriage washes when at the car wash probably helps as well.  I'd be rightly pissed if a 5 year old pickup started rotting though.  

I have never garaged any of my daily drivers as the garage is the cat's bedroom :lol: 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Pretty obvious snakes rusted because of neglect.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

The car wash I have gone through 20+ times this winter respectfully disagree. :lol:

No, Dave has reviewed your maintenance records and made his decision. :lol:  :wtf:   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

The car wash I have gone through 20+ times this winter respectfully disagree. :lol:

Sorry I forgot.....Your truck is the standard by which all others are judged by.

And you were the same dumb dumb who kept taking it back to the same dealer that couldnt fix it too I remember.

:lol:

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

nice thing about having an old truck is not caring.  i felt that way about my last one after it hit 100k miles.  

Yup the old 98 in my preference daily driver over the expy limited.

I smoke cigars in it, leave fishing gear in the back, lures hanging from the visor and the sagging headliner. Everything works and it runs excellent. Rusty but who the fuck cares

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

And aluminum rear hatches on their Expys they cant get the fuckin paint to stay on

Never had a problem on any of the multiple Ford F150's with the aluminum hoods or the Explorers with the tailgate.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Storing a car in a heated garage in winter is the worse thing you can do. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

nice thing about having an old truck is not caring.  i felt that way about my last one after it hit 100k miles.  

I plan on keeping my Ram another 5 or 6 years, fuck it it's a truck :bc: 

15 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Storing a car in a heated garage in winter is the worse thing you can do. 

Worse thing you can do is have it parked on dirt or grass.  Then people make it worse by throwing a cover over it.

Stored my hot rod in garage for years, with no heat, and by spring rust would start to form on headers. since I heated it, I don't get that anymore.   

The car always stays at an even temp, so I'm sure that makes a big difference from  extreme changes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Worse thing you can do is have it parked on dirt or grass.  Then people make it worse by throwing a cover over it.

Stored my hot rod in garage for years, with no heat, and by spring rust would start to form on headers. since I heated it, I don't get that anymore.   

The car always stays at an even temp, so I'm sure that makes a big difference from  extreme changes.

I think he means if you are driving it throughout the winter and parking it in a heated garage. :bc:

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

I think he means if you are driving it throughout the winter and parking it in a heated garage. :bc:

Yeah, i  got that after I posted.  :bc:

I was thinking more storage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yup the old 98 in my preference daily driver over the expy limited.

I smoke cigars in it, leave fishing gear in the back, lures hanging from the visor and the sagging headliner. Everything works and it runs excellent. Rusty but who the fuck cares

i was driving around in the jeep yesterday really liking the fact it's just a hoopty,  rides not great no real comforts in it but it's just a fucking vehicle not looking for it to give me a rub and tug.  

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Sorry I forgot.....Your truck is the standard by which all others are judged by.

And you were the same dumb dumb who kept taking it back to the same dealer that couldnt fix it too I remember.

Its because he is such a salty mother fucker... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

You got that right.  My truck WAS showroom quality for a long time. But it started to rust 3 years ago, and just a few days ago,in a crazy windstorm, my atv ramps that were leaning against the fence near the truck got blown over,putting some sweet fuckin dents in the fender and hood. It's official.  It's now a beater :lol:

• Like 1