Check your account email address ×

saddlebag trip?

On 12/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

My dad and his buddy did something like 1400 miles in a like a week. The amount of parts they came back with for warranty was incredible. Failed clutches, cylinders, pistons. 

On 12/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, 800renegaderider said:

Pretty cool trip sounds like fun. I hope they make it with no major issues. 2020 my two buds did jackman up around the gaspe and back if I remember right it was 16-1700ish miles. 900t and a winder zero issues.

We have a camp in Jackman, and hope to do a similar trip this winter.  Snow hasn't been cooperating this year so far however.

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We have a camp in Jackman, and hope to do a similar trip this winter.  Snow hasn't been cooperating this year so far however.

Good luck 👍 they had a good time. They want to do it again but longer time frame this time to explore more.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Good luck 👍 they had a good time. They want to do it again but longer time frame this time to explore more.

Saw a friend of ours who lives in Rockwood, drove up to Forestville, which is north of the seaway, and said conditions were still pretty good.   Thats still about 11-12 hrs from CT.  :lol: 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Saw a friend of ours who lives in Rockwood, drove up to Forestville, which is north of the seaway, and said conditions were still pretty good.   Thats still about 11-12 hrs from CT.  :lol: 

Long ride I’d probably of done it back in the day though 😂

32 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Long ride I’d probably of done it back in the day though 😂

Same here.  My enthusiasm for that much time in the truck isn't what it used to be either  :lol: 

We did a 1000 mile, 5 day saddlebag trip last winter in the UP. I honestly could've kept going another 1000 I think...these modern sleds are really good high milers. One Cat, one Doo, two Poos. All were flawless except one of the Polaris broke twice: grenaded a chaincase and blew a jackshaft bearing.  We were actually able to get the chaincase fixed up but the bearing ended his trip.

So if anybody saw a coupla bros haulin' ass and riding butt-to-nut on a tuned 998 near Greenland, MI.... :whistle:

• Like 2

• Gold Member

I did the Valentine 500 back in 2017.  Happened to do about 300 miles the day before so I had an 830 mile two day trip to da yoop.  2016 Pro-S 800.  Lots of stories from the vday ride.  I recommend that to everyone!!

• Thanks 1