Check your account email address ×

Modified Corvette gets dominated

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

So… no lemans wins?

Nope, no wins in any race over 20 minutes...One hell of a machine..What was your Firebird running in the 1/4? I think if I remember correctly you really got some good passes with it..

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Not only does that Tesla obliterate every gas engine production vehicle around the track , you can take it to the drag strip and demolish every single car produced today and it’s not close. 

They are just short of being banned :lol: Not many want to put a roll cage in their daily driver Tesla just to make legal passes at the speed/time they do

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

They are just short of being banned :lol: Not many want to put a roll cage in their daily driver Tesla just to make legal passes at the speed/time they do

NHRA changed the rules for Electrics since they are so fast

• Gold Member

However, something magnificent happened in March 2022, and it had something to do with the NHRA changing its mind once again to bend the rules. The agency updated its Street Legal program to allow faster cars like the Tesla Model S Plaid and Dodge Challenger SRT Demon to do what they do best within the confines of a drag strip.

Read More: https://www.slashgear.com/1016521/the-reason-the-tesla-model-s-plaid-was-banned-by-the-nhra/?utm_campaign=clip

• Gold Member

There have been some changes in the IHRA rulebook that are to your advantage. The changes are as follows (applies to 2008 and newer cars):Street Legal – To address the Tesla Model S Plaid, Demon, tuned up Hellcats and other street legal vehicles that are currently running quicker than 10.00, we have moved the ET break for Street Legal to 9.00 and 145mph. 
We have also removed the restriction of these vehicles being limited to all street legal events, as it has been in the past. 
Street Legal vehicles running 9.99 and quicker will have to have 3.2-5 jacket and pants, 3.3 neck collar in addition to the 2010 and up helmet along with a valid IHRA membership & competition license due to the vehicle running 9.99 or quicker.
These changes have been made to address the advancements in performance from some of the newer vehicles, to include the electric vehicles in this category.

Just got back from a Texas trip.  Normally not driving around the metroplex much when I go but this time I spent about 2 entire days driving.  Holy fuck, Tesla's are everywhere you look.  Even more prevalent than Jeeps which used to be like mosquitos (and still are) all around the city.  Kinda' ironic since the only non-minivan vehicle left at National rent a hunk was a Gladiator, so I took it.  Bad choice but that's another story for another time. 

I have nothing against electrics (other than range and practicality for my requirements) and acknowledge the selective performance benefits but they (Teslas) sure are ugly fucking things.  Once you start seeing them everywhere and at all times it's just weird. 

Can't they design just a little more personality into these cars?  They look like fucking drones going down the road in large numbers.  And why can't Musk get that fucking roadster he promised like what 20 years ago now into production?  At least you could have a shred of dignity racing and beating sports cars in something that looks like an actual sportscar and not a fucking blob of shit sedan.

The trip was fun though.  I was able to take a couple of rips in these two while I was there.  I could give two shits what the plaid can do.  I would still spend my cash on something that looks and sounds like a two seat performance car first....  Both of these sound so sweet.  And yes, every fucking model 3 that I came across wanted to race, or take videos.

488 and GT.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Just got back from a Texas trip.  Normally not driving around the metroplex much when I go but this time I spent about 2 entire days driving.  Holy fuck, Tesla's are everywhere you look.  Even more prevalent than Jeeps which used to be like mosquitos (and still are) all around the city.  Kinda' ironic since the only non-minivan vehicle left at National rent a hunk was a Gladiator, so I took it.  Bad choice but that's another story for another time. 

I have nothing against electrics (other than range and practicality for my requirements) and acknowledge the selective performance benefits but they (Teslas) sure are ugly fucking things.  Once you start seeing them everywhere and at all times it's just weird. 

Can't they design just a little more personality into these cars?  They look like fucking drones going down the road in large numbers.  And why can't Musk get that fucking roadster he promised like what 20 years ago now into production?  At least you could have a shred of dignity racing and beating sports cars in something that looks like an actual sportscar and not a fucking blob of shit sedan.

The trip was fun though.  I was able to take a couple of rips in these two while I was there.  I could give two shits what the plaid can do.  I would still spend my cash on something that looks and sounds like a two seat performance car first....  Both of these sound so sweet.  And yes, every fucking model 3 that I came across wanted to race, or take videos.

488 and GT.jpg

So sick . Whats the Blue Car? 

and I totally agree Telsa's are ugly even compared to other Sedans. 

Here is a shot of the interior of the McLaren.  It's really nice.  

The Ferrari 488 is going in for a tune in two weeks.  Will take it to near 850HP.  Will still get beat in the quarter by a plaid but after driving this car and hearing that engine wail at 8000RPM it's pointless to even mention the tesla in the same sentence.

GT Interior.jpg

• Like 2