Check your account email address ×

Modified Corvette gets dominated

BOHICA

• Gold Member

However, the Unplugged Plaid is not just the number one EV around Willow Springs, but the quickest car period. Its 1:13.51 time comfortably bettered the previous 1:16.45 record set by a modified Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport.  

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Record set on worn out tires and low state of charge by a driver that had never driven the track.  They will go back and knock a few more seconds off the record as they weren’t even trying to break it with this impromptu run.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tesla-quietly-sets-new-speed-record-at-15-mile-willow-springs-track-pilot-aims-higher-206044.html

After the limit-breaking run, Craig Coker posted on his Instagram account.

"Record Lap! We set out to Willow Springs to capture some results on a short track, and it went well. We were limited to 3 hot laps for the day, but I've also never driven this track. We captured 1:13.5 on my last attempt. I'm certain we can improve with new Yoko A005 slicks and a full battery. Nonetheless, still a solid result!"

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm somewhat of a sports car racing enthusiast, Been to plenty of track day events at Watkins Glen, Cherry Valley, NYS safety track. I'd have to say I've never seen a car race that was only 1 lap and performance of that vehicle based on a 1 lap race..It's actually quite weird to think this... Most events consistent of 20-30 laps..I'd like to see where they are at after a short sprint race, like 30 laps against a used Mazda Miata...

Edited by Rigid1
Typed one too many zeros..
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm somewhat of a sports car racing enthusiast, Been to plenty of track day events at Watkins Glen, Cherry Valley, NYS safety track. I'd have to say I've never seen a car race that was only 1 lap and performance of that vehicle based on a 1 lap race..It's actually quite weird to think this... Most events consistent of 20-30 laps..I'd like to see where they are at after a short sprint race, like 300 laps against a used Mazda Miata...

What a stupid ass premise. It’s not a fucking endurance race. It’s a perfect test of a cars dynamic ability over a set of static metrics. Manufacturers clamor to set Nurburgring times. It shows a cars ability against others. In this case there isn’t another production car in the world that can get close to the Tesla. Idiot 

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What a stupid ass premise. It’s not a fucking endurance race. It’s a perfect test of a cars dynamic ability over a set of static metrics. Manufacturers clamor to set Nurburgring times. It shows a cars ability against others. I’m this case there isn’t another production car in the world that can get close to the Tesla. Idiot 

It’s weird thought mentality when it comes to single lap records…. It would be kind of like a drag race between a top fuel drag car and a Prius but based on distance covered in 1 tank full of gas vs the fastest time on 1/4.  A Prius would win that race every time.

Edited by BOHICA

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s weird thought mentality when it comes to single lap records…. It would be kind of like a drag race between a top fuel drag car and a Prius but based on distance covered in 1 tank full of gas vs the fastest time on 1/4.  A Prius would win that race every time.

I don’t find it strange at all. It’s a lap around a course. If one car does it faster than another all else being equal that proves car A has a superior performance ability at that track. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t find it strange at all. It’s a lap around a course. If one car does it faster than another all else being equal that proves car A has a superior performance ability at that track. 

Of course…. Just like a top fuel drag car is superior down a 1/4 mile track one time over a Prius…. But a Prius can do 1/4 mile after 1/4 mile non stop while a top fuel car can’t.

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Of course…. Just like a top fuel drag car is superior down a 1/4 mile track one time over a Prius…. But a Prius can do 1/4 mile after 1/4 mile non stop while a top fuel car can’t.

Well if someone places an emphasis on fuel economy over performance they probably shouldn’t consider a top fuel car for a daily driver. 

This discussion was about how that Tesla destroys a purpose modified corvette. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well if someone places an emphasis on fuel economy over performance they probably shouldn’t consider a top fuel car for a daily driver. 

This discussion was about how that Tesla destroys a purpose modified corvette. 

Yep

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

I'd like to see a plaid vs Vette, cross country, from Atlantic to Pacific.

Non stop, fueling only, following speed limit.

👍

Is your body full of estrogen or something?

33 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'd like to see a plaid vs Vette, cross country, from Atlantic to Pacific.

Non stop, fueling only, following speed limit.

👍

What are you talking about? Evs are winning long distance races left and right!!!

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Your bum hole will be full of sperms when the Corvette spanks the plaid.

You ev lovin' homo!

Around willow seems to have the plaid spanking a corvette.  Cross country at a speed limit is for those with all Estrogen and no testosterone in the body. 

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

What a stupid ass premise. It’s not a fucking endurance race. It’s a perfect test of a cars dynamic ability over a set of static metrics. Manufacturers clamor to set Nurburgring times. It shows a cars ability against others. In this case there isn’t another production car in the world that can get close to the Tesla. Idiot 

Manufactures want that lap time to show customers what their cars can do around a track, so this customer can buy the car take it to the track and be competitive. I get you probably can't grasp this idea, you're more the take it down a public road guy and stuff it into the prickers and hope while you run out of talent you don't take anyone else with you.(Que up the idiots picture of his wrecked Vette in a ditch) But the reality is there are a lot car enthusiasts out there that track their cars, no denying it's fast for a lap or two, but nobody is buying one to enjoy a day or a weekend at a track event, because it can't. It's a car for a poser who wants to say they have a fast car but can't show they have a fast car..

Endurance races are set set times 6, 12, 24 hours not laps. I said sprint race which is lap based not time based like they do at a track event 20-30 laps multiple times throughout a day..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Manufactures want that lap time to show customers what their cars can do around a track, so this customer can buy the car take it to the track and be competitive. I get you probably can't grasp this idea, you're more the take it down a public road guy and stuff it into the prickers and hope while you run out of talent you don't take anyone else with you.(Que up the idiots picture of his wrecked Vette in a ditch) But the reality is there are a lot car enthusiasts out there that track their cars, no denying it's fast for a lap or two, but nobody is buying one to enjoy a day or a weekend at a track event, because it can't. It's a car for a poser who wants to say they have a fast car but can't show they have a fast car..

Endurance races are set set times 6, 12, 24 hours not laps. I said sprint race which is lap based not time based like they do at a track event 20-30 laps multiple times throughout a day..

I have made laps around brainerd at the wheel of a 700+hp Evo. You are an idiot.