Check your account email address ×

inflation, the COL & who's f'ing you the hardest? (NO POLITICS?)

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nothing stopping anybody from buy diesel trucks and the fuel other then the self imposed limits of the individual.

It's called your pocketbook.  Make it too expensive for the middle class and you don't have to "stop" anything.  

• Gold Member
Just now, racer254 said:

It's called your pocketbook.  Make it too expensive for the middle class and you don't have to "stop" anything.  

Making the pocket book bigger is the individuals responsibility and use of bootstraps.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I wonder why they are not saying that about student loan forgiveness.

Cause they are catering to voters…. 

Now back to the topic….  Is it’s the gov responsibility to socialize middle class income levels…. Like give people middle class incomes or have “conservatives” pivoted to slippers instead of boot straps?  So many jobs out there that would provide income to buy diesel pickups and the fuel.  People just chose not to cause they like slippers over boots.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Aldi is great…need to shop there more. Meijer is a Michigan based chain and they have better proced then either of our local grocery stores. I csn usually find things like blueberries and strawberries on sale for a decent price but overall groceries are very high.

they have great bacon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Also payrolls have gone up, dragging with them ss , workmans comp and unemployment ins

That’s weird. Been nothing more than 3-5% for the past 5 years here. There’s talk  that they are going to “help us out” this year but I won’t hold my breath. 

Bought my Duramax with cash in May of 2020 to stop leasing new 1/2 tons. Pulls the trailers real nice. It got 13,000ish miles on it the first year (I have a car that I drive back and forth from work). I think it has 6,000 on it so far this year? Diesel just now got to $4.99 a gallon around me. 87 octane is still hovering around $3.40 a gallon. 

Almost everything has increased for my wife and I. She did get a semi-decent raise about 1-1/2 years ago, but that’s it. Taxes are up, utilities are up, groceries are up, price of fuel is up. We’ve cut some small things so far. Hoping we don’t have to cut much more.

Biggest saving grace for us is that she only has to go into the office once a week and I usually have a company car to drive during the work week.

Even an ALDIs or Sams Club run is 20%ish more money than it use to be. Meijer is for shit here around us but it’s that, Kroger or WalMart because there isn’t a locally owned grocery store. There was suppose to be an Amazon Fresh store going in but now I hear Amazon is getting rid of them.