Check your account email address ×

Disgusting

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Meh. It's cyclic. Even if it crashes, it will be back to the same level in a few years. Just how it works. 

If so...we missed a whole cycle of growth.  Let's hope this isn't the case.  I honestly think we are about to really start booming.  All the indicators are there.

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Meh. It's cyclic. Even if it crashes, it will be back to the same level in a few years. Just how it works. 

It's cyclic because it's a bubble economy. 

Get caught on the bubble at retirement age and tell me how your shoulders shrug then.

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Do you have any assets to sell? I would bet from your posts,that would be no.

Fuck Capitalism

I just got back from Miami Beach. Fucking dozens of cranes dotting the skyline there. Same thing in nearby ft. Lauderdale. We already have too much work for this summer and are worried about how we are going to find enough labor to perform these projects. So I am not going to panic about a crash just yet.. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This is old news, December 14th, 2016 and the market shook it off, and your 8 years is bullshit as the Fed raised rates on December 16th 2015 :news:  The economy has been adding jobs for quite sometime now and we are nearing full employment.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/14/fed-raises-rates-for-the-second-time-in-a-decade.html

One time under Barry in 8 years :lmao: Trumps already had two, oblivious clueless ignorant Ballsack 

We now live in a world economy, like it or not if other major economies are struggling ours suffers as well. Compare the last  3 years jobs reports for Feb. the economy has been slowly and steadily growing, unemployment has been low for some time now in most of the country, the stock market has risen on the promise of tax breaks and bank deregulation, if those things don't come to pass the market will adjust to reality, GDP will likely not grow nearly what people are expecting as there is not enough people left not working to produce much bigger numbers.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

For 8 years the Fed kept rates at fucking 0 to prop this economy up. The also printed 4.5 trillion dollars worth of monopoly money.

The instant Trump took over the economy breathed a sigh of relief anticipating all manner of undoing Obama's idiotic policy that was stifling real growth...

Whats the fed do????? Spike rates 4 times in one year and announce they are going to unload their balance sheet.

Get ready for a recession in the next 12 months ...we never had a real recovery....just loose money and we will be on the wrong side of a significant retraction now that the fake money flow has stopped

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Unwinding the balance sheet is not old news and they were only projecting 3 hikes not 4. Pay attention ballsack

Sorry I called out your false narrative, better luck next time moron :lol: 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Irrational exuberance...

The systemic contradictions in capitalism will persist. It is inevitable.

Half the fucking words in this post have four syllables with an extra "kicker" for the last one.

:lol:

Do I win something?

6 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sorry I called out your false narrative, better luck next time moron :lol: 

Oh yah...you nailed it. It was .25 instead of zero....great job MC

9 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Irrational exuberance...

The systemic contradictions in capitalism will persist. It is inevitable.

Markets grow and contract just like they always have since the beginning of time, utopia only exists between the ears of drunkards, stoners, and nincompoops.

Just now, spin_dry said:

the price of houses are deflating fast around here. the bumps in interest rates are putting a squeeze on homes under $150,000. the stuff just isn't moving. 

10% appreciation year to date i would estimate here with higher rates having zero effect.  no house priced close to right or in liveable condition sits on the market more then 2 weeks.  most desirable ones go in 2 days over asking and the average first time homebuyers paying into the 300's to get something.  very little in the 175-250 range to even look at thats not a condo or a beach shack

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I miss the days when my money in the bank earned 5%.

Reality is the fed should have never let the rate get as low as it did.  The economy would have survived.  The amount of QE was a mistake too.  Too often whether it the fed or federal govt there is not enough attention paid to long term consequences of actions or laws.   Obamacare is the poster child of this which will all come to a front soon if something is not done.  

By 2016 the QE worldwide total was $12.3 trillion.  

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/12/123-trillion-of-qe-has-added-up-tothis.html

I see more optimism in my suppliers and customers than I have since 2007.   Not saying it will last if not firm reasons to back it up but optimism is high right now.  I'm not willing to jump and say the economy is good but the outlook is better.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

10% appreciation year to date i would estimate here with higher rates having zero effect.  no house priced close to right or in liveable condition sits on the market more then 2 weeks.  most desirable ones go in 2 days over asking and the average first time homebuyers paying into the 300's to get something.  very little in the 175-250 range to even look at thats not a condo or a beach shack

where are you located? homes over the 200,000 mark are gone within days here. it's the lower priced properties that sit. most are very nice houses, but smaller. i looked at a $225,000 home on monday with 2400 sq. it was gone by weds. there's another very nice brick home with 1500sq. it's been on the market for 200 days and is priced super cheap. very common scenario.

Edited by spin_dry

11 hours ago, Anler said:

I just got back from Miami Beach. Fucking dozens of cranes dotting the skyline there. Same thing in nearby ft. Lauderdale. We already have too much work for this summer and are worried about how we are going to find enough labor to perform these projects. So I am not going to panic about a crash just yet.. 

Yah, the economy sucks.

20170403_184027.jpg

20170329_134040.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SIL sold his house in less than an hour at full boat. Cant find anything to buy.

Gonna build new.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

:lol: suddenly s pump thinks the economy is great

No, but the bottom line is, I have been going to that area for over 30 years. Mostly small business owners, athletes, smart investors. It's the same as another 5,000 communities in that area. They can't build fast enough to keep up with the Demand right now. People are finally seeing some sunshine at the end of the road and willing to spend some of their savings.

1 minute ago, s pump said:

No, but the bottom line is, I have been going to that area for over 30 years. Mostly small business owners, athletes, smart investors. It's the same as another 5,000 communities in that area. They can't build fast enough to keep up with the Demand right now. People are finally seeing some sunshine at the end of the road and willing to spend some of their savings.

the economy is on the same path as it's been for awhile, up. only now it's because of trump, while before Obama had nothing to do with it. you would not have posted those images several months ago...

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

and the rich getting richer is not a fix, nor a good indicator, for the economy............

You mean like did under Obama? :lol:  

13 minutes ago, s pump said:

We were throwing around buying a condo in Florida back in 2010. Fucking kicking myself now...