Check your account email address ×

Free inmate phone calls. Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

They are incarcerated...removed from society and the luxuries of society.

Just look at the current crop of activists in this country.  They know they may get incarcerated and they want this ability, that way they can conduct business as usual while in jail all on the taxpayer's dime.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Just look at the current crop of activists in this country.  They know they may get incarcerated and they want this ability, that way they can conduct business as usual while in jail all on the taxpayer's dime.

FFS…you say alot of stupid shit but this one tops them all.😂

On 11/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

It's OK to extort prisoners with 1980 style hotel phone charges.

My wife and sister in law went to Mexico in the 90's.

Wife called me.

The charge was in the neighborhood of $200.

Those were the international rules back then, the carriers agreed to charge whatever.

I blew a gasket on Bell Canada.

They reversed it.

See that sometimes even today with data.

Know before you go I suppose, but there is a point it's just not a reasonable charge.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

FFS…you say alot of stupid shit but this one tops them all.😂

How hard and more obvious does this shit need to get before some of you start piecing this together.  Look at the people pushing this.  They are people that have been to jail before, they know how it works. 

Next, look at the companies and people making $$$ on this.  Instead of getting the money from inmates who have no job and no intention of paying, now they can just bill the taxpayers and they will get their money for sure without having to go through any type of hassle. 

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How hard and more obvious does this shit need to get before some of you start piecing this together.  Look at the people pushing this.  They are people that have been to jail before, they know how it works. 

Next, look at the companies and people making $$$ on this.  Instead of getting the money from inmates who have no job and no intention of paying, now they can just bill the taxpayers and they will get their money for sure without having to go through any type of hassle. 

You are one of the dumbest if not the dumbest people on this planet. Holy fucking shit 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yes racer - make sure you’re focused on the shiniest objects you find on the interwebs :lol: 

I’m sure the phone companies are making big bucks from tax payer subsidized inmate phone calls.  Do you know of the phone companies have reps out knocking on jailhouse doors to solicit business? :dunno:

:lmao:

Still fits you - expression fits :lmao: 

DCEE7718-27E1-49E8-95A7-CB2C597DBA84.jpeg

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You are one of the dumbest if not the dumbest people on this planet. Holy fucking shit 

I am sorry that some of you just are not bright enough to figure out some of this type of stuff.  This is why politicians and scam artist live such a great life. 

These are criminals who are incarcerated, why do they need to make 30 minute phone calls on the taxpayer dime?   Are your phone calls paid by the taxpayers?  Give me one good reason.  And these phone companies and places getting the money are just laughing about it.  They are guaranteed money now.  They don't have to go after the prisoner, they get it right from the taxpayers. 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am sorry that some of you just are not bright enough to figure out some of this type of stuff.  This is why politicians and scam artist live such a great life. 

These are criminals who are incarcerated, why do they need to make 30 minute phone calls on the taxpayer dime?   Are your phone calls paid by the taxpayers?  Give me one good reason.  And these phone companies and places getting the money are just laughing about it.  They are guaranteed money now.  They don't have to go after the prisoner, they get it right from the taxpayers. 

Hey dumbass faggot …..I never heard you crying about Jeff Sessions private prison plans. If you wanna save money on prisons quit locking so many people up. Dumbass fucking retard 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbass faggot …..I never heard you crying about Jeff Sessions private prison plans. If you wanna save money on prisons quit locking so many people up. Dumbass fucking retard 

What should we do with criminals?  Give them a free t-shirt and send them on their way.  That is how we end up with things like Waukesha Christmas parade.  DUH.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:46 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

They have to record all their calls so an open voip system won't work.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:49 PM, Deephaven said:

Super easy to record VOIP calls.

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They own the system to call.

They are charging fees no matter what, that is the point.

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And another unrelated post from AC.  What a fucking surprise.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What % of phone systems today are voip?

How many do you know that aren't?

Clueless idiot.

And it is SUPER easy to record VOIP calls.  Try understanding what you read for once.

43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Have you ever set foot in a county jail? In a state penitentiary? Just curious how you know about all these luxuries. Something that you read? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What should we do with criminals?  Give them a free t-shirt and send them on their way.  That is how we end up with things like Waukesha Christmas parade.  DUH.

Brown County made $34,000 from inmate phone calls during January. That buys a lot of t shirts. My god you’re a fucking strange dude. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Brown County made $34,000 from inmate phone calls during January. That buys a lot of t shirts. My god you’re a fucking strange dude. 

Yeah, do you have the stats of how many inmates made calls and how many minutes that was?

When they allow inmates to have 30 minutes of taxpayer funded phone calls each day, how much will that change? 

Why is it that you continue to want to make it so that no one is personally responsible for anything they do?  Just send the bills to someone else?

On 11/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, EvilBird said:

Prison is Big Business . 

this... 111%

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

is this going to be a ballot item we can vote on?  has there been a groundswell of support against it? 

as I said, I oppose it but we can't just wish it away.

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this... 111%

is this going to be a ballot item we can vote on?  has there been a groundswell of support against it? 

as I said, I oppose it but we can't just wish it away.

Racers gonna address it at his next committee meeting :lol: 

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, do you have the stats of how many inmates made calls and how many minutes that was?

When they allow inmates to have 30 minutes of taxpayer funded phone calls each day, how much will that change? 

Why is it that you continue to want to make it so that no one is personally responsible for anything they do?  Just send the bills to someone else?

Who the fuck cares how many calls were made. The counties are gouging the fuck out of inmates and you think it’s great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who the fuck cares how many calls were made. The counties are gouging the fuck out of inmates and you think it’s great. 

How do you know if the counties are gouging the fuck out of the inmates if you don't know the number of minutes used or the number of calls being made?

And if that is true, instead they should just gouge the fuck out of the taxpayers?  First, prove that there is a problem,

Next, Address that problem, instead of just passing the buck.

Edited by racer254