Check your account email address ×

Free inmate phone calls. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

How do you know if the counties are gouging the fuck out of the inmates if you don't know the number of minutes used or the number of calls being made?

And if that is true, instead they should just gouge the fuck out of the taxpayers?  First, prove that there is a problem,

Next, Address that problem, instead of just passing the buck.

The problem is obvious. Government soaking inmates financially. Typically being locked away in place where neither your peers or guards see any worth in you as a person is difficult enough. Now let's further isolate the individual from someone from the outside that may possible care....or better yet, make a profit off that person and their family. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, racer254 said:

How do you know if the counties are gouging the fuck out of the inmates if you don't know the number of minutes used or the number of calls being made?

And if that is true, instead they should just gouge the fuck out of the taxpayers?  First, prove that there is a problem,

Next, Address that problem, instead of just passing the buck.

Racer irony.  :lol:  

23 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The problem is obvious. Government soaking inmates financially. Typically being locked away in place where neither your peers or guards see any worth in you as a person is difficult enough. Now let's further isolate the individual from someone from the outside that may possible care....or better yet, make a profit off that person and their family. 

Ah yes, the typical emotional response without any factual evidence.  The true sign of a flaming liberal.  Sorry fella, but that isn't working any longer.  The younger generations are starting to grow past being teenage girls and starting to want some factual proof of your emotional responses.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ah yes, the typical emotional response without any factual evidence.  The true sign of a flaming liberal.  Sorry fella, but that isn't working any longer.  The younger generations are starting to grow past being teenage girls and starting to want some factual proof of your emotional responses.

Good god you are a babbling moron.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good god you are a babbling moron.

Should be easy to show some factual evidence, the only babbling morons here are the ones who can't seem to find anything and just want it without showing proof that there is a problem....

Wait, should I just go with the saying "those poor criminals"

What don't you understand about the fact that these are INCARCERATED CRIMINALS?

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

Are you for the taxpayers spending money for the inmates to get 30 minutes of phone per day?  Who pays your phone bill?

I’m for inmates having free phone calls yes. I’m not for those calls being billed at $2 per minute like it’s 1970s telecom international usage. Kill yourself you stupid piece of shit

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m for inmates having free phone calls yes. I’m not for those calls being billed at $2 per minute like it’s 1970s telecom international usage. Kill yourself you stupid piece of shit

They do get at least one free call.  No, the billing is going to be the same, but nice deflection as usual from you dipshits.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They do get at least one free call.  No, the billing is going to be the same, but nice deflection as usual from you dipshits.

No shit its prison, not a spa.  1 call a week seems reasonable.  Not much pity from me, people who end up in prison usually do so from making multiple bad choices.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

No shit its prison, not a spa.  1 call a week seems reasonable.  Not much pity from me, people who end up in prison usually do so from making multiple bad choices.  

Ok so one call per week. That still doesn’t address the fact that the taxpayer is being fucked by bureaucratic idiocy on these phone calls. 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ok so one call per week. That still doesn’t address the fact that the taxpayer is being fucked by bureaucratic idiocy on these phone calls. 

This actually does exactly the opposite.  It allows the charges to stay the same, allows more phone calls to be made, and give the bill to the "taxpayer" instead of the individual.  No one will address that fact that the billing is way high now, because it is the "collective taxpayer" and no individual actually covering the costs.

Edited by racer254

56 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This actually does exactly the opposite.  It allows the charges to stay the same, allows more phone calls to be made, and give the bill to the "taxpayer" instead of the individual.  No one will address that fact that the billing is way high now, because it is the "collective taxpayer" and no individual actually covering the costs.

It’s definitely a rip off.  I could add a line to my cell phone plan with unlimited minutes for $9.99/mo.  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I didn't back read the entire thread.  Just read the OP and still don't understand quite how this is allowed, including from the sounds of it, unlimited phone time?  :dunno:   Wouldn't support the public having to pay a penny of iti obviously.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I didn't back read the entire thread.  Just read the OP and still don't understand quite how this is allowed, including from the sounds of it, unlimited phone time?  :dunno:   Wouldn't support the public having to pay a penny of iti obviously.

It’s 1/2hr per day not unlimited 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Unless they're awaiting trial or something, even that seems excessive.  Even a half hour a week seems ridiculous.  

It should be essentially free and I don’t see what’s wrong with inmates having decent access to family and loved ones. They should have a list of approved numbers they can call , just family etc. 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It should be essentially free and I don’t see what’s wrong with inmates having decent access to family and loved ones. They should have a list of approved numbers they can call , just family etc. 

Agreed and these are the same guys that think prisons should simply be draconian warehouses even though research shows that having education programs and opportunites in prisons reduces recidivism.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed and these are the same guys that think prisons should simply be draconian warehouses even though research shows that having education programs and opportunites in prisons reduces recidivism.

I don’t have much time for the eye for and eye crowd 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would never say that, but there are many in there, who are beyond redemption.  We owe those people zero imo, certainly not 30 minutes a day of phone calls getting charged to taxpayers.   I agree on programs and opportunities btw.   I am a big believer in capital punishment for certain crimes, thats one way to cure recidivism.  

56 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I would never say that, but there are many in there, who are beyond redemption.  We owe those people zero imo, certainly not 30 minutes a day of phone calls getting charged to taxpayers.   I agree on programs and opportunities btw.   I am a big believer in capital punishment for certain crimes, thats one way to cure recidivism.  

We need way more capital punishment for white collar crime , I’d agree there