Park Ranger's face: Priceless

C8kL8cjUQAEgoGh.jpg

Kevin M. Kruse‏ @KevinMKruse 5m5 minutes ago
President's cuts to Interior: $1.5 billion
President's check to Park Service: $77K

Trump's phony National Park Service photo-op
https://thinkprogress.org/dont-be-fooled-by-trump-s-national-park-service-photo-op-e587e7c6ac4

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

The best part is that FAKENEWSFRAUDMAINECUNT  said that Trump wasn't donating his salary and now he starts this thread  :lol:

Its funny cuz its true! Poor maincunt! :lol:

Edited by Kivalo

24 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

77k should pay for 3-5 interns for the summer or a full time person for the year.  

$77K for a park ranger? Good gig. There must be an abundance of applicants for the job.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Maybe we can get 2 strokes into Yellowstone again and not have to take guides to stay on marked trails. :lol:  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Maybe we can get 2 strokes into Yellowstone again and not have to take guides to stay on marked trails. :lol:  

idiots probably fucked that up, sledders are their own worst enemy :guzzle: someone probably rode over old faithful

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

idiots probably fucked that up, sledders are their own worst enemy :guzzle: someone probably rode over old faithful

Normally I'd say yes but I never heard of one issue in Yellowstone.   

Give the money, skip the stupid photo op.   Don't be a typical politician.  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In a way I agree however if they didn't make it public you would never hear the end of the challenges about NOT donating the salary.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

In a way I agree however if they didn't make it public you would never hear the end of the challenges about NOT donating the salary.

You can prove the donation without doing the phony photo op.  

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd love to sled through Yellowstone, but to do so at my pace on my sled isn't going to happen ever again in my lifetime.  I'd love to go flying past a tourist group on the Viper and zip around there for 3-4 days enjoying the park.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I'd love to sled through Yellowstone, but to do so at my pace on my sled isn't going to happen ever again in my lifetime.  I'd love to go flying past a tourist group on the Viper and zip around there for 3-4 days enjoying the park.  

It was always 55 mph limit and people really respected it.   While its nice there are much more scenic places to ride out west.   I rode in Teton National Park before it was completely closed to sledders.   We rode in there for a couple hours 2 feet of fresh on the trail and didn't run into another sled.   Amazing day riding almost at the base of the Tetons.  Just found some pictures of that ride the other day.  We rode from Togwotee thru TNP to Old Faithful and back.   About a 350 mile day.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was always 55 mph limit and people really respected it.   While its nice there are much more scenic places to ride out west.   I rode in Teton National Park before it was completely closed to sledders.   We rode in there for a couple hours 2 feet of fresh on the trail and didn't run into another sled.   Amazing day riding almost at the base of the Tetons.  Just found some pictures of that ride the other day.  We rode from Togwotee thru TNP to Old Faithful and back.   About a 350 mile day.  

I could deal with 55 in the park, but give me a big long straight and I might get a little rambunctious in a 1/2 mile at a time.

Do they have much of a trail system out there?  Obviously not Teton anymore, but other areas around there.  

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You can prove the donation without doing the phony photo op.  

what defines it as phony... was it photo shopped or did it really happen and the critics choose to call it phony

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I could deal with 55 in the park, but give me a big long straight and I might get a little rambunctious in a 1/2 mile at a time.

Do they have much of a trail system out there?  Obviously not Teton anymore, but other areas around there.  

My brother and I had our wives in there one year on Indy 550 two up rentals.   We were running late getting them back by the deadline and I'm dead serious when I say we held them wide open for about 75 miles.   Top speed was right at 55.   Never seen a sled go so far on E.  We laugh about it to this day.  

Just now, 02sled said:

what defines it as phony... was it photo shopped or did it really happen and the critics choose to call it phony

Because the donation while generous is still a drop in the bucket considering the NPS overall budget.   On top of that bringing in that Ranger to the press conference makes it look phony as hell to me.  That was politics and most politics are wrought with phoniness.   Not as bad as some of the things Obama did.  The Bowe Bergdahl parents news conference comes to mind.   

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My brother and I had our wives in there one year on Indy 550 two up rentals.   We were running late getting them back by the deadline and I'm dead serious when I say we held them wide open for about 75 miles.   Top speed was right at 55.   Never seen a sled go so far on E.  We laugh about it to this day.  

I've had the pleasure of listening to some of the stories from when they used to do XC races out there.  It sounds like it was pretty crazy.

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on the area.   The trail system around Togwotee is pretty extensive however the stops are few and far between.  Grooming can be hit or miss especially on some of the main trails.   If that's your thing you can put some serious miles on but you will be hitting some trails multiple times pending your starting point.   Off trail riding is obviously where its at.  Trails are just the means to get to them.   Some of the best riding area's are 15-20 miles by trail from the lodge and many people avoid them because of that or simply don't know about them.

Milages are listed between intersections.

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/pdf/ContinentalDiv2016_Small.pdf

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Depends on the area.   The trail system around Togwotee is pretty extensive however the stops are few and far between.  Grooming can be hit or miss especially on some of the main trails.   If that's your thing you can put some serious miles on but you will be hitting some trails multiple times pending your starting point.   Off trail riding is obviously where its at.  

Milages are listed between intersections.

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/pdf/ContinentalDiv2016_Small.pdf

Just checked my email and had this link in it.  May need to do a trip out west next year!

https://www.mssrxc.com/

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just checked my email and had this link in it.  May need to do a trip out west next year!

https://www.mssrxc.com/

Rabbit ears is inNE part of Co. just SWof the snowies.   Rode the snowies 4-5 times but never rabbit ears pass.   Think that trail system is really limited but I've heard of good things regarding the off trail riding.   Don't think any of that area compares to the western part of the state regarding scenery and off trail riding opportunities. Really good but not as good as the western part of wy.  

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5274222.pdf

Edited by Highmark

Probably a couple hundred miles of trails by West Yellowstone. Those trails are groomed well. Much better then by Togwotee, and Snowies trails up top are just good enough to get from point A to point B. 

If you are going sight seeing an shit, Id do West Yellowstone/Island Park area first. Plenty of scenic stuff, and can ride a trail sled to top of Two Tops mtn and Lionshead. 

Towgotee, West Yellowstone, and the Snowys all have large off trail riding areas. Snowys usually has the least amount of people. But all the good riding is over 10K ft at Snowys. 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Trump is a photo op king. His ego won't allow anything less 

20 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Trump is a photo op king. His ego won't allow anything less 

Agreed.  But one thing always perplexed me about him.  For somebody who loved being in the spotlight.....why oh why that fucking updo?  And his hot supermodel wife can't tell him it looks idiotic?  Whatever...maybe he's hung like an alpha gorilla or hassuperman like tongue finesse.  Course...there is that little bit of cashola he keeps tucked under the mattress also.