Check your account email address ×

An honest question

9 hours ago, Catman800 said:

Direct the conversation? There isn't one yet. I'm just wondering if people like the direction the country is heading or the current state? I'm certainly not better off than I was two years ago regardless of whose fault it is and I'm wondering why some think we should keep the status quo instead of seeking change. 

I like the current direction of the country. Do have a follow up question? 

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Do you actually read threads on here?  There are about 5 total libs on the site.

Yes no question, derrrr...

Ah, so not yes, no.  

that was sarcasm

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, 1jkw said:

You are saying we aren't now?  Have you taken into consideration the number of oil companies that went under during the pandemic and the effect that would have on production?

When oil was negative $40.00 per barrel Trump threatened SA and asked   Putin to cut production they did, and it stabilized the market. The point is if the US tomorrow increased its production 2 million BPD and OPEC+2 cut their production the same the price we pay would be as much or more.

We aren't supplying all the worlds oil and NG.   

Yes I've taken into consideration the pandemic had on production.   Are you taking into consideration how an industry and its investors will act when the Executive Administration of the US outwardly states its intention to destroy it?

Of course OPEC will do things to keep prices at a certain point.  Trump could ask all he wants but its common sense for any producer to cut production when prices/demand are so low.  Do you think it was appropriate for a industry to keep production high when use fell off a cliff?   Shit man where would they put all of it?

Market prices today reflect current supply and demand as well as future.   Do you buy an equity based solely of the price today or your expectation of where it will be in the future?  

17 hours ago, akvanden said:

Yes, and it’s been steadily climbing ever since. In your opinion, it should be climbing faster? Fine by me.

Oil prices are not worth 3-4% of inflation though.

Production has not kept up with demand....plain and simple.  It will likely not because who wants to invest in an industry the federal govt wants to destroy.   Not rocket science dude. 

No more drilling! 

Edited by Highmark

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Production has not kept up with demand....plain and simple.  It will likely not because who wants to invest in an industry the federal govt wants to destroy.   Not rocket science dude. 

No more drilling! 

Breaking down a much more complex industry into a one factor issue…. Nice. Certainly is A factor.

Hopefully output continues to rise as it has been every month since Covid lows, even under Biden. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Breaking down a much more complex industry into a one factor issue…. Nice. Certainly is A factor.

Hopefully output continues to rise as it has been every month since Covid lows, even under Biden. :thumbsup:

I'm not but it certainly has an impact.  :bc:

22 hours ago, SSFB said:

The best way to honestly understand someone's views is to just let them direct the conversation and say what they want instead of asking a specific question that you think is the right question. :bc:

So you are not better off them and wish to distract form your own reality in order to not have to admit to your self your heros policy's are failing . Ok got it

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We aren't supplying all the worlds oil and NG.   

Yes I've taken into consideration the pandemic had on production.   Are you taking into consideration how an industry and its investors will act when the Executive Administration of the US outwardly states its intention to destroy it?

Of course OPEC will do things to keep prices at a certain point.  Trump could ask all he wants but its common sense for any producer to cut production when prices/demand are so low.  Do you think it was appropriate for a industry to keep production high when use fell off a cliff?   Shit man where would they put all of it?

Market prices today reflect current supply and demand as well as future.   Do you buy an equity based solely of the price today or your expectation of where it will be in the future?  

I know we aren't and we aren't capable of that, but that is what is needed to be independent as it is world demand that sets prices.  

Yes I am, and I am aware that stock holders don't want to lose their asses like they did during the pandemic,2015/2016 ETC. Regardless of government regulation there is no incentive to provide a glut of oil and cut their own throats. 

Trump asked Putin and threatened SA to make cuts and they did OPEC made the largest cuts in it's history, the ironic part is the memes Trumpers  use showing gas at $1.86 when it was Trump himself who put and end to that ( something he needed to do and should have done sooner) IMO.  

Yes they are and is the reason why prices kept falling until OPEC announced cutbacks prior to Dec. like they agreed to.  I invest based on future gains, I don't get involved in buying oil products as a commodity  because it is too volatile for me. 

19 hours ago, akvanden said:

This

"U.S. oil output climbed to nearly 12 million barrels per day (bpd) in August, government figures showed on Monday, the highest since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic"

What Do speculators /investors buy on ? You have a guy telling the world he is going to put a industry out of buisness and then you watch his actions so they buy and keep buying and it  pays off huge . 

Talk is not cheep 

Edited by Ez ryder

22 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I know we aren't and we aren't capable of that, but that is what is needed to be independent as it is world demand that sets prices.  

Yes I am, and I am aware that stock holders don't want to lose their asses like they did during the pandemic,2015/2016 ETC. Regardless of government regulation there is no incentive to provide a glut of oil and cut their own throats. 

Trump asked Putin and threatened SA to make cuts and they did OPEC made the largest cuts in it's history, the ironic part is the memes Trumpers  use showing gas at $1.86 when it was Trump himself who put and end to that ( something he needed to do and should have done sooner) IMO.  

Yes they are and is the reason why prices kept falling until OPEC announced cutbacks prior to Dec. like they agreed to.  I invest based on future gains, I don't get involved in buying oil products as a commodity  because it is too volatile for me. 

49Th.gif

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

So it really was a set up, not an honest question. Thank you. 

I asked if you thought you were better off, yes or no. You said you like the direction the country is going in. Was that a sarcastic TDS response (BTW I'm not a big Trump fan but liked most of his policies) or can you explain why you like the direction. I see all of these climate doom and gloom posts from you. Maybe time to sell your sled. 

• Like 1

Just now, Catman800 said:

I asked if you thought you were better off, yes or no. You said you like the direction the country is going in. Was that a sarcastic TDS response (BTW I'm not a big Trump fan but liked most of his policies) or can you explain why you like the direction. I see all of these climate doom and gloom posts from you. Maybe time to sell your sled. 

I suggest that you leave the word honest out of all future posts. It’s really for the common good. 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What Do speculators /investors buy on ? You have a guy telling the world he is going to put a industry out of buisness and then you watch his actions so they buy and keep buying and it  pays off huge . 

Talk is not cheep 

Trump also said he was going to fill the SPR before long before oil went to -$ per barrel in 2020.  I bought a boatload of UCO.  Fucknut was on Twitter constantly about it though.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/trump-asks-energy-department-to-purchase-oil-for-the-strategic-petroleum-reserve.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I suggest that you leave the word honest out of all future posts. It’s really for the common good. 

Yeah because apparently you don't want to give an honest answer. Stop avoiding the question and tell me why you like the direction the country is going. I'm serious or was it all about sarcasm?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I guess that's code for you got nothing, right colt 45er. 

Colt 45er?  No we just keep going around in circles.  

16 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

But if he does you'll be right here trying to polish every turd decision he might make.

Nope...didn't his first time. :bc: