Check your account email address ×

An honest question

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

You would be strapping on a tin beak and picking shit with the crows if the Dem. party didn't protect the private and especially the public sector unions, imagine your life living on the average wage in your area and no Fed government tit wages.

Don't fret, one day you will be able to retire comfortably and laugh at all the poor working stiffs still toiling for a wage...

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Funny, 2 years ago the stock market was a product of the Fed and Trump....

Things are looking better huh....

How much has the Fed injected into the economy in 2022? What were the  interest rates set by the Fed in 2020?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Don't fret, one day you will be able to retire comfortably and laugh at all the poor working stiffs still toiling for a wage...

I've been partially retired since 2009 and fully retired for almost 5 years, so there's that.  

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The government subsidy was a factor in your decision to install solar.  I would say you rely on the government just as much as the next guy if that swayed your decision.

Tax benefits made it a super simple decision.  Only a retard wouldn’t be able to see the financial gains. When Donald Trump extended the tax cuts for solar installations it became even a more of a no brainer.  My energy cost are super cheap for house and transportation thanks to Donald Trump

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Tax benefits made it a super simple decision.  Only a retard wouldn’t be able to see the financial gains. When Donald Trump extended the tax cuts for solar installations it became even a more of a no brainer.  My energy cost are super cheap for house and transportation thanks to Donald Trump

THANK YOU GUVMINT! WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU???

Just now, BOHICA said:

Interesting, so you made your decisions based on the government policies toward solar panels and how it would effect you financially. 

I can assume that businesses also do this.  So when the government threatens to shut down oil drilling, or make it very expensive, HMMM I wonder what they do.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Interesting, so you made your decisions based on the government policies toward solar panels and how it would effect you financially. 

I can assume that businesses also do this.  So when the government threatens to shut down oil drilling, or make it very expensive, HMMM I wonder what they do.

Oil companies get tax breaks on everything.  From failed, non producing, wells to equipment depreciations to low cost public land leases to labor to blah blah blah.

are tax breaks a subsidy or not?

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Why is it that people on this forum will not give honest answers if it doesn't match their argument?  Are they lacking in integrity that much that they just won't admit it if they are wrong?

That could be said for a lot more than people on this forum, that’s for sure. 

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Oil companies get tax breaks on everything.  From failed, non producing, wells to equipment depreciations to low cost public land leases to labor to blah blah blah.

are tax breaks a subsidy or not?

Subsidy --Financial assistance given by one person or government to another.

Do tax breaks help in a financial way?

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Subsidy --Financial assistance given by one person or government to another.

Do tax breaks help in a financial way?

If a oil company drills a well for a cost of a million dollars and it produces nothing can they claim that expense in theit taxes?

Is that subsidy?

Edited by BOHICA

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If a oil company drills a well for a cost of a million dollars and it produces nothing can they claim that expense in there taxes?

Is that subsidy?

Can any company claim a million dollar loss on a non producing wind or solar farm?  Of course companies and people can claim losses.

Or is it only OIL companies that can claim losses.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Can any company claim a million dollar loss on a non producing wind or solar farm?  Of course companies and people can claim losses.

Or is it only OIL companies that can claim losses.

No matter what industry, your statement, would that be considered as a subsidy?  Favorable tax policies on taxation of income such as claim losses, is that a subsidy.

simple question….  Tax breaks a subsidy or not?  Yes or no?

I say no….

Edited by BOHICA

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

No matter what industry, your statement, would that be considered as a subsidy?  Favorable tax policies on taxation of income such as claim losses, is that a subsidy.

simple question….  Tax breaks a subsidy or not?  Yes or no?

I say no….

Per the definition of a subsidy, it's financial assistance and tax breaks are a type of financial assistance, so I would have to say Yes they are.

Edited by racer254

• Gold Member

subsidy

noun

sub·si·dy ˈsəb-sə-dē  
-zə-

plural subsidies
: a grant or gift of money: such as
a
: a sum of money formerly granted by the British Parliament to the crown and raised by special taxation
b
: money granted by one state to another
c
: a grant by a government to a private person or company to assist an enterprise deemed advantageous to the public

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Per the definition of a subsidy, it's financial assistance and tax breaks are a type of financial assistance, so I would have to say Yes they are.

So the standard deduction in tax code to the Individual taxpayer which renders financial assistance and a rather large tax break is a subsidy?

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Snake said:

If you want less of it... tax it.

Want more... subsidize it.

Funny huh?

since the government taxes higher incomes more you would think people would strive to make less if more equals less taxes…

people, typically republicans, just want to subsidize the government less is why they take every tax break they can get.  Well typically republicans want less taxation…  except a few here maybe but they have more liberal thinking on taxation of certain things.  A conservative ideal is less taxation.

Edited by BOHICA

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

since the government taxes higher incomes more you would think people would strive to make less if more equals less taxes…

people, typically republicans, just want to subsidize the government less is why they take every tax break they can get.  Well typically republicans want less taxation…  except a few here maybe but they have more liberal think on taxation of certain things.  Kind of a conservative ideal is less taxation.

S

U

B

S

I

D

Y