Check your account email address ×

GMC Sierra Denali

BOHICA

I had to use the chains several times going up to Lake Tahoe from San Fran. Always in some rental car without 4wd. That pass is a bitch in The winter. They just shut it down once in a while to get the plow trucks thru.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Never had to use chains in Utah all the years I lived there. Idaho either for the short stint I lived there. 

Idaho doesn’t have any chain laws except for commercial.  Utah definitely does and a host of other western states do.  3 peak tires are approved traction devices that allow you to skip the chain up routine in many of these western states.

If you don’t ditch it they are not going to mess with you.  You ditch it on a pass and if your shit isn’t right they will ticket ya.  But if you ditch it with the right stuff it’s not a ticket.  

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Whoa whoa...why you trashing on Fat tire bikes? Sometimes I prefer that over my HT for the trails. And BBQing, drinking and smoking at the trail heads  :news:  :stoned: 

we have our own trail system for all year. winter gets groomed with old sleds and a snowdogg. my fatbike needs to be ridden early, as once sled season hits i'm all sled. i may hit some of the night rides this year. last year it was either too warm or brutal cold. i have a surly wednesday with a wren fork and studded tires . sounds like you would fit right in

https://www.facebook.com/people/Round-Top-Mountain-Bike-Association/100064514022985/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

you don’t see that as a potential issue marketing a ev truck as a real truck that doesn’t actually do real truck things 😂. That to me seems like it just put off any real potential buyers down the road when they actually can get decent towing range but buyers will be hesitant because of past deceiving marketing. Why not just say it’s a fake truck it can’t tow anywhere reasonable but you can throw some tuba fours in the bed.

Probably 90% of people that buy any of the current trucks barely haul much more than a small pile of 2x4s so, what are we talking about here? 

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Im looking at the Denali 2500 gassers myself . 

Wait and buy a MY24 with the 10 speed. 

9 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

we sell at4s to women that will never go off road. denali hd trucks to construction guys, that don't use them like a truck. and big duramax buyers that tow nothing, just think it's cool. my boss will literally talk you out of buying the wrong truck. he doesn't see benefit in selling something that will cause us both issues later. buy what is right and we are all happy

This. 

7 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

My 2500HD LT Crew. Added 34" sneakers, stainless side-steps, tonneu cover, badass hood decal and put on a quality 2" leveling kit (comes with diff spacers and skid plate spacers). Its been a great truck, pulls 15000 on the hitch and 20,000 on the goose.

20221021_122246.jpg

I was ogling one just like that today in a parking lot. Of course it’s the last thing I need for towing my 2 place but I still want one. :lol: What a beast.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

My 2500HD LT Crew. Added 34" sneakers, stainless side-steps, tonneu cover, badass hood decal and put on a quality 2" leveling kit (comes with diff spacers and skid plate spacers). Its been a great truck, pulls 15000 on the hitch and 20,000 on the goose.

20221021_122246.jpg

Nice truck man. 

Im pretty much dead set on a White one also. best color for 3/4-1 ton trucks imo. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

we have our own trail system for all year. winter gets groomed with old sleds and a snowdogg. my fatbike needs to be ridden early, as once sled season hits i'm all sled. i may hit some of the night rides this year. last year it was either too warm or brutal cold. i have a surly wednesday with a wren fork and studded tires . sounds like you would fit right in

https://www.facebook.com/people/Round-Top-Mountain-Bike-Association/100064514022985/

Before I moved a little over a year ago I was near a bunch of different trail system and many of them allowed night riding. I have a limited selection now without driving more than an hour. Some do groom but snow levels aren't what the used to be here in South Eastern lower Michigan. I have a big ole heavy Framed Wolftrax

https://www.facebook.com/crambaimba/?ref=page_internal

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Nice truck man. 

Im pretty much dead set on a White one also. best color for 3/4-1 ton trucks imo. 

My war pig.  Stole this thing.  I puke in my mouth for what the new trucks cost.  Bought in June of 20 w 6k miles for 39500.  It’s still worth more than that, with 36k on it.  Plan is to just keep it forever.  :lol: 

23801269-2B05-410B-B2CF-C9FB903FD78C.jpeg

98837EF7-F882-430B-8EE3-91919B96ADB0.jpeg

613B5A6C-4B9A-4C06-9DFF-54E85F8955F4.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My war pig.  Stole this thing.  I puke in my mouth for what the new trucks cost.  Bought in June of 20 w 6k miles for 39500.  It’s still worth more than that, with 36k on it.  Plan is to just keep it forever.  :lol: 

23801269-2B05-410B-B2CF-C9FB903FD78C.jpeg

98837EF7-F882-430B-8EE3-91919B96ADB0.jpeg

613B5A6C-4B9A-4C06-9DFF-54E85F8955F4.jpeg

God help me should I install, or have, a man step on a truck...

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

God help me should I install, or have, a man step on a truck...

Hey calm down, the truck came with it.  At my age, I just can't jump in and out of a 3/4 ton truck like I used to.  Things at least 6-8" higher than a half ton.....just checked, 59" tailgate height.  Bros new Denali has a set of stairs and a railing ffs  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Nice truck man. 

They’re huge trucks but sure don’t drive like  it. Don’t realize how big they are until you take them into a car wash 

• Like 1

Got out of dealing with new trucks after having one from 2011 until 2020. Last of the good Duramaxs. Paid cash. Slowly making it mine. 230k on it now. Runs and drives damn near like new. I’ll drive it anywhere. Didn’t want the topper at first but works great when we go camping. It’s coming off for sled season this year though. I got sick of hauling the trailer for just my RMK last year. Hoping to get another 10 years out of it. 

26E6B119-3EEB-4E16-AE60-37EFD640475C.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Got out of dealing with new trucks after having one from 2011 until 2020. Last of the good Duramaxs. Paid cash. Slowly making it mine. 230k on it now. Runs and drives damn near like new. I’ll drive it anywhere. Didn’t want the topper at first but works great when we go camping. It’s coming off for sled season this year though. I got sick of hauling the trailer for just my RMK last year. Hoping to get another 10 years out of it. 

26E6B119-3EEB-4E16-AE60-37EFD640475C.jpeg

You need a bigger tailpipe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It’s stock so no, it doesn’t. I even seriously doubt it will ever get turned up enough to even need anything more than a 4” kit. 

I was kidding. One of my techs bolted an old mailbox to his. Pretty funny.

• Thanks 1