Check your account email address ×

Wisconsin unemployment drops to 16 year low

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea 2 months turned things around dramatically:

bd467e7b14efc8814e018a683cc5fcb9.jpg

It's false and has been a false recovery in my opinion.  That is why I compared 2017 to 2007....  Notice my " around appears... appearance can be deceiving.

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

She did that on her own, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh as it appears Vlad was involved.

he campaigned for her more than any other prexid3nt in history . he campaigned in her as a extension of his presidency and his policy.  thAt worked out well . good times good times lol

43 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It's false and has been a false recovery in my opinion.  That is why I compared 2017 to 2007....  Notice my " around appears... appearance can be deceiving.

it is not a 2mo turn around walker put the chess pieces in place yrs ago and has now won the game like it or not it is a fact.  

After looking at the tax rates between the states you need a higher wage in Minnesota just to cover the taxes. Fucking crazy all the taxes you guys get the pleasure of paying.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm heading up north tomorrow to check out the depressed RE market, thank you Scott Walker :bc: 

the deals are astonishing. with interest rates climbing the backlog of unsold homes is climbing as well. at some point home values have to come down. if a person has a decent job in wisconsin it's pretty cool. problem is, most don't. the higher paid mfg companies start out at $10-11/hr in my area. turnover on new hires is about 50%. if construction is as hot as they say it will be this year, mfg is going to take a huge hit for viable employees. should be interesting. 

59 minutes ago, JEFF said:

After looking at the tax rates between the states you need a higher wage in Minnesota just to cover the taxes. Fucking crazy all the taxes you guys get the pleasure of paying.

If I'm not mistaken New Hampshire has the highest property taxes in the union............:news: 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the deals are astonishing. with interest rates climbing the backlog of unsold homes is climbing as well. at some point home values have to come down. if a person has a decent job in wisconsin it's pretty cool. problem is, most don't. the higher paid mfg companies start out at $10-11/hr in my area. turnover on new hires is about 50%. if construction is as hot as they say it will be this year, mfg is going to take a huge hit for viable employees. should be interesting. 

I've been researching and asking a lot questions about property values in the northwoods, come Friday I will actually be hands on and talking eyeball to eyeball.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If I'm not mistaken New Hampshire has the highest property taxes in the union............:news: 

with no sales tax no income tax therefore one of the lowest overall tax burdens in the country year after year. I have a 600k house with 8k in taxes,  thats not bad IMO when i pay nothing else 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

with no sales tax no income tax therefore one of the lowest overall tax burdens in the country year after year. I have a 600k house with 8k in taxes,  thats not bad IMO when i pay nothing else 

That's not bad at all, is your house in an incorporated area or an incorporated area?

24 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm heading up north tomorrow to check out the depressed RE market, thank you Scott Walker :bc: 

N WI homes are and always have been cheep . not UP cheep but not even close to N MN cost. that is the way it is . if looking off water almost give the stuff away I have 3 buds who have had places up there no water front straight sledding places  for decades  they really never appreciate

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Lol, I am sure there are areas of the state where that may hold true, but Madison and the surrounding counties is getting silly with prices. Bought my place in May last year. Home values in my area jumped $100K since then. We should start searching for employees down in the FIBlands. Seeing you guys are above the national average in unemployment and all. Maybe we can help lower that for you... 

54 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Seeing I work in manufacturing. Complete BS on the "high paid mfg companies starting at $10-11". We start at $15 for the completely unskilled box packing type jobs. Significantly higher for skilled jobs. And hella BS on the 50% turnover. We are, although, having a hard time finding labor. Unemployment is so low. Everyone in the area is raising wages too because of the high demand for workers and competition. Weird, its like you are pulling your opinion and numbers straight out of your ass? 

41 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

N WI homes are and always have been cheep . not UP cheep but not even close to N MN cost. that is the way it is . if looking off water almost give the stuff away I have 3 buds who have had places up there no water front straight sledding places  for decades  they really never appreciate

Exactly. Not even the FIB insurgency can bring those prices up. 

45 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

town in the most populated part of the state,  45 minutes to boston,  to manchester.  

Incorporated area or an unicorporated area?

37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

NW Wisconsin has been a less expensive area for people in the Cities as compared to the Arrowhead. Waterfront is a must for us, if I was to look for solely for a sledding shack it would be in the Grand Marais, Mi. area or in the Keweenaw north of the bridge.

What sucks is that I can fly from ORD to Ironwood MI for $149.00 round trip, but fuck me if the western UP and the Hurley, Wisconsin area is not the worst sledding destinations on the planet.

30 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

which area?

Eagle River +40 miles.

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol, I am sure there are areas of the state where that may hold true, but Madison and the surrounding counties is getting silly with prices. Bought my place in May last year. Home values in my area jumped $100K since then. We should start searching for employees down in the FIBlands. Seeing you guys are above the national average in unemployment and all. Maybe we can help lower that for you... 

Bold#1 Liberal areas rock, property doesn't go up in value because wages are stagnant and turgid.

Bold #2 It's an employees market in Chicago right now, if you're good and have the confidence you can make some serious coin in Chicago right now. You're young smart and full of piss and vinegar, go for it :bc: 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Bold#1 Liberal areas rock, property doesn't go up in value because wages are stagnant and turgid.

Bold #2 It's an employees market in Chicago right now, if you're good and have the confidence you can make some serious coin in Chicago right now. You're young smart and full of piss and vinegar, go for it :bc: 

I was in Chicago last month when it was 70. I could never live in a place that treats it's river and lake like that. Disgusted me to the core. You people need to get on that. Chicago is not my kind of place. Don't think I could work or own a company there.