Check your account email address ×

Wisconsin unemployment drops to 16 year low

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

NW Wiscosin has been a less expensive area for people in the Cities as compared to the Arrowhead. 

not jus arrowhead pretty much less cash than all of MN cabin country. it is a good thing if u are on the st paul side of town.

I have a lake place it is crazy how little I use it any more. it is in prime lake country and it has had no loan in 20 yrs so not costing much to own . some day I will tear it down and build my summer retirement home . been hopping for some mafia lightning to hit or one of the massive jack pines to fall on it  

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If I'm not mistaken New Hampshire has the highest property taxes in the union............:news: 

While NH certainly does have high property taxes, the town I live in is about $30 per $1000 assessed value, second or third highest in NH. the information I read on MN average of $26 per thousand. We have no sales or income tax. Sounds good to me.

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I was in Chicago last month when it was 70. I could never live in a place that treats it's river and lake like that. Disgusted me to the core. You people need to get on that. Chicago is not my kind of place. Don't think I could work or own a company there. 

I helped build that, and I'm still helping to build that..............the satisfaction and pride of being part of that is indescribable :bc:

Chicago NFL Draft Town

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not jus arrowhead pretty much less cash than all of MN cabin country. it is a good thing if u are on the st paul side of town.

I have a lake place it is crazy how little I use it any more. it is in prime lake country and it has had no loan in 20 yrs so not costing much to own . some day I will tear it down and build my summer retirement home . been hopping for some mafia lightning to hit or one of the massive jack pines to fall on it  

Good stuff :joint::bc: 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good stuff :joint::bc: 

it is not a dump it has been redone a few times over the yrs but it is old school cabin . no basement built on footings sort of like a deck . can crawl under it if u want . straight 3 season . ironic part is if there is snow in Longville I use it way more in the winter lol .

I bought the place when I was still living in my moms basement . it was part of a resort and the woman's husband died and she did not want to deal with it. she held the paper on it for 12 yrs . not bad 4 cabins on a u dirt road we each have about 5 Acers but places still close together . when I build new I will be building at the back of the property so I have no neighbors  . 

hell I have made at least 175k on the place from what I gave

35 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol, I am sure there are areas of the state where that may hold true, but Madison and the surrounding counties is getting silly with prices. Bought my place in May last year. Home values in my area jumped $100K since then. We should start searching for employees down in the FIBlands. Seeing you guys are above the national average in unemployment and all. Maybe we can help lower that for you... 

Seeing I work in manufacturing. Complete BS on the "high paid mfg companies starting at $10-11". We start at $15 for the completely unskilled box packing type jobs. Significantly higher for skilled jobs. And hella BS on the 50% turnover. We are, although, having a hard time finding labor. Unemployment is so low. Everyone in the area is raising wages too because of the high demand for workers and competition. Weird, its like you are pulling your opinion and numbers straight out of your ass? 

Exactly. Not even the FIB insurgency can bring those prices up. 

you're in madison, if i'm not mistaken. i would hope you can find a $15/hr job given rent and cost of living. mercury marine is the highest paying mfg here.  starting pay is $10 something. average of the three pay levels is about $12/hr.

are you this fucking nasty in your everyday life? 

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Mercury-Marine-Salaries-E19000.htm

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

you're in madison, if i'm not mistaken. i would hope you can find a $15/hr job given rent and cost of living. mercury marine is the highest paying mfg here.  starting pay is $10 something. average of the three pay levels is about $12/hr.

It's obvious that you're too much of a pussy to be as smarmy in person

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I'm nasty to you because you are a pretentious cunt to everyone here. You are a prick. Do you think you don't deserve the treatment? You walk around here with your nose in the air looking down on people all fucking day. From what I have seen, you aren't smart enough, wealthy enough, or generally enough of anything to warrant it. So you want to question me as to if I am nasty? Maybe you should reverse the mirror. Just because you do it through some falsely preconceived idea of wit yet still oozing of disdain actually makes it worse. 

And no, not in Madison. COL is much lower as you get even miles outside the city. 

8 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I'm nasty to you because you are a pretentious cunt to everyone here. You are a prick. Do you think you don't deserve the treatment? You walk around here with your nose in the air looking down on people all fucking day. From what I have seen, you aren't smart enough, wealthy enough, or generally enough of anything to warrant it. So you want to question me as to if I am nasty? Maybe you should reverse the mirror. Just because you do it through some falsely preconceived idea of wit yet still oozing of disdain actually makes it worse. 

And no, not in Madison. COL is much lower as you get even miles outside the city. 

naaaa...you get nasty when people don't kiss your ass or recognize how great you are. 

9 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol, I am sure there are areas of the state where that may hold true, but Madison and the surrounding counties is getting silly with prices. Bought my place in May last year. Home values in my area jumped $100K since then. We should start searching for employees down in the FIBlands. Seeing you guys are above the national average in unemployment and all. Maybe we can help lower that for you... 

Seeing I work in manufacturing. Complete BS on the "high paid mfg companies starting at $10-11". We start at $15 for the completely unskilled box packing type jobs. Significantly higher for skilled jobs. And hella BS on the 50% turnover. We are, although, having a hard time finding labor. Unemployment is so low. Everyone in the area is raising wages too because of the high demand for workers and competition. Weird, its like you are pulling your opinion and numbers straight out of your ass? 

Exactly. Not even the FIB insurgency can bring those prices up. 

That smells like :bullshit:

14 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Incorporated area or an unicorporated area?

NW Wisconsin has been a less expensive area for people in the Cities as compared to the Arrowhead. Waterfront is a must for us, if I was to look for solely for a sledding shack it would be in the Grand Marais, Mi. area or in the Keweenaw north of the bridge.

What sucks is that I can fly from ORD to Ironwood MI for $149.00 round trip, but fuck me if the western UP and the Hurley, Wisconsin area is not the worst sledding destinations on the planet.

Eagle River +40 miles.

incorporated.  full time fire police garbage k-12 school etc.